Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:56:24 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  "OMG! you've never seen _____?!" « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Author Topic: "OMG! you've never seen _____?!"  (Read 137792 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2008, 04:30:40 PM »

I've never seen Shaun of the Dead in its entirety.  I've only seen bits an pieces.  When it was on tv it was one of those movies that was only on when I was either doing something else or about to go somewhere.

I did see Hot Fuzz by the same people, so one day I'll have to track it down.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2008, 07:28:03 PM »

To shock and bewilder some of the regulars on this board, I will also confess to never having seen Dead Alive. I only recently saw the Evil Dead trilogy -- I now know what an Ash is.

To post on this board and confess to never having seen Robot Monster is totally unacceptable.  Go watch that thing immediately & don't come back until you do!!  You ought to be milked . . .

peter johnson/denny von sternberg

You talkin' to me, Mr. "I waited until I was in my fifties to see THE EVIL DEAD?" (P.S. I only saw the first two all the way through this past year, and I still haven't seen ARMY OF DARKNESS, but I am a decade younger than you!) 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
raj

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2008, 07:43:25 PM »

it's unfortunate that so many of you guys seem to be anti-lebowski. if you've seen raising arizona, or fargo, and enjoyed it, you might just like it. i mean, be honest with yourself- if you were watching it, and you found yourself enjoying it, would you let yourself dig it, or keep fronting?
what? i should have watched it when they were telling me to, because i really dug it.

I just never got around to seeing Lebowski.  No hatred, just that I rarely go to the movies anymore, and don't have HBO/Skinemax/et al.,  Maybe at some point I'll watch it.  I have seen Fargo, but not Raising Arizona.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2008, 08:47:55 PM »

I've never seen Shaun of the Dead in its entirety.  I've only seen bits an pieces.  When it was on tv it was one of those movies that was only on when I was either doing something else or about to go somewhere.

I did see Hot Fuzz by the same people, so one day I'll have to track it down.
While I liked Hot Fuzz, I gotta say, Shaun of The Dead is worlds better.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2008, 01:41:35 AM »

i've gotta' say, even though i'm a huge zombie movie fan, i thought the parody in hot fuzz was much more articulate than it was in shaun of the dead.

WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2008, 07:59:16 AM »

so, i was thinking- i was absolutely stunned to hear a lot of people saying that they'd never seen dr. strangelove and the big lebowski in recent threads, and i was wondering what movies everyone here often finds that others haven't seen.

for example, until a few days ago, my girlfriend had never seen fright night, and she still hasn't seen return of the living dead, and i was like "have you been living under a rock your whole life?", when on the other hand, i'd have to admit that i'd never watched the original halloween from start to finish up until a few weeks ago.

so, again, what films do you often find people to be unfamiliar with?

The Big Lebowski was one of those movie I hadn't seen for a long time that people were shocked about... until, recently when I finally got around to seeing it. I've wanted to see it for a long time, just never got 'round to it. I must say... it's good... but I don't see what the fuss is all about. I think it's just okay.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2008, 09:34:13 AM »

I haven't Risky Business yet, some visitor to my house was shocked that I haven't seen it yet, but when I told him I was 23 he said he understood then.

I've never seen any of the Halloween movies which is on my list of things to do.
I've never seen Pulp Fiction either, but I have it in my Netflix queue to watch.
I haven't seen a lot of the AFI classics either, and I am working my way up to seeing it.  I haven't The Big Lebowski either yet, but I am not sure if I want to see it or not. I have yet to see any of the Harry Potter films and prefer not see them at all.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 09:39:12 AM by asimpson2006 » Logged
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2008, 12:55:03 PM »

I've never seen "Brazil," and yes, people tell me I'm an idiot because I haven't.  I don't know, for some reason it's never been urgent for me.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2008, 01:21:54 PM »

I've never seen "Brazil," and yes, people tell me I'm an idiot because I haven't.  I don't know, for some reason it's never been urgent for me.

It's a decent movie, nothing too special IMO. I'm a true believe that there are VERY few "you have to see it" films, and Brazil isn't one of them.

i mean, be honest with yourself- if you were watching it, and you found yourself enjoying it, would you let yourself dig it, or keep fronting?

No offense Toyman, but this is what people say when they can't handle the idea someone doesn't share the same tastes as themselves. Really, what grown adult is going to ACT like they don't like something they really enjoy? If I ever do watch it, I will give it an honest try like I would any film, like any grown adult would. The fact is that it has only been reccomended to me by people that routinly reccomend garbage to me, and was scorned by people that have routinly given me film picks that I have enjoyed. That's not hate, it's prioritizing.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2008, 01:35:26 PM »

Really, what grown adult is going to ACT like they don't like something they really enjoy?

answer: ZERO. however, "grown" adults are more rare than hen's teeth. plenty of people hate on stuff they secretly enjoy. ever heard of the phrase "guilty pleasure"? people aren't honest with themselves about what they enjoy for fear of being judged. think about all those guys who complain about the television shows their girlfriends watch, yet still know all the character names and all the storylines. if they really didn't like the shows, they'd go find something else to watch while she indulges.

Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2008, 02:31:27 PM »

ghouck,

Like, a long time ago, like, I knew some shallow people who were, like, really into Woody Allen and stuff.  This was, like, way before he like lost his mind and married his adoptive daughter and stuff. They couldn't fathom how anyone (IE: me) didn't care about the man, his movies, or talking about the man and his movies.  Then again they also used the words "like" and "stuff" a lot when they talked, which was almost as irritating and annoying as watching a Woody Allen movie.   Wink

So, like, don't sweat it man.  Just, you know, go with like the flow, and stuff, and don't worry about, like, you know, stuff that people say.

TeddyR

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2008, 02:32:02 PM »

Really, what grown adult is going to ACT like they don't like something they really enjoy?

answer: ZERO. however, "grown" adults are more rare than hen's teeth. plenty of people hate on stuff they secretly enjoy. ever heard of the phrase "guilty pleasure"? people aren't honest with themselves about what they enjoy for fear of being judged. think about all those guys who complain about the television shows their girlfriends watch, yet still know all the character names and all the storylines. if they really didn't like the shows, they'd go find something else to watch while she indulges.

I hate that concept. "Guilty pleasure." I just don't get it. If there's a movie or show or song or whatever that brings you some kind of pleasure, celebrate it. Don't treat it like an embarrassment. Right?

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2008, 02:43:08 PM »

answer: ZERO. however, "grown" adults are more rare than hen's teeth.
Maybe in YOUR experience, not mine.

plenty of people hate on stuff they secretly enjoy. ever heard of the phrase "guilty pleasure"? people aren't honest with themselves about what they enjoy for fear of being judged.

That is not what that means. "Guilty Pleasure" is when you enjoy something that is bad for you or lacking social values.

think about all those guys who complain about the television shows their girlfriends watch, yet still know all the character names and all the storylines. if they really didn't like the shows, they'd go find something else to watch while she indulges.

First, "all those guys"? Sorry, never met one that I know of. Second, being familiar with something does not mean you like it. I know a little about the crap my wife watches, does that mean I really like it and won't admit it? If nothing else I know some of the names so I can make fun of them properly. Familiarity does not equal enjoyment. If watching somethin automatically means one LIKES it, , how can anyone DISLIKE any movie? I mean really, you're eithher seen it and liked it, or you've not seen it. .  Lookingup
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 03:02:43 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2008, 02:46:21 PM »

I hate that concept. "Guilty pleasure." I just don't get it. If there's a movie or show or song or whatever that brings you some kind of pleasure, celebrate it. Don't treat it like an embarrassment. Right?

That all depends on the guilty pleasure.

Movies like SPACE THING, NUDE ON THE MOON, KEKKO KAMEN, SS GIRLS, MARK OF THE DEVIL, ILSA: THE WICKED WARDEN, LA BETE (THE BEAST), WHAM BAM THANK YOU SPACE MAN, BEAST IN SPACE, NUDE FOR SATAN, &tc might be a wee bit much for the average person.  Not to mention a bit embaressing to explain.  Wink

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2008, 04:06:42 PM »

plenty of people hate on stuff they secretly enjoy. ever heard of the phrase "guilty pleasure"? people aren't honest with themselves about what they enjoy for fear of being judged.

That is not what that means. "Guilty Pleasure" is when you enjoy something that is bad for you or lacking social values.

i'm sorry, did i just hear something? it sounded like a nit being picked.

seriously, dude. methinks you doth protest too much.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  "OMG! you've never seen _____?!" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.