Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:21:35 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  "OMG! you've never seen _____?!" « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
Author Topic: "OMG! you've never seen _____?!"  (Read 137409 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 08:21:11 PM »

I've seen The Big Lebowski and remember being bored out of my mind.
When I tell people that I didn't care for it, they get all worked up like it's the best movie ever made.   Lookingup
Raffine

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2008, 08:25:49 PM »

I have never seen a Sylvester Stallone movie.

It started out years ago with missing all those ROCKY and RAMBO movies when they were released and now it is something of a personal challenge.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
raj

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 08:43:59 PM »

I've never seen The Big Lebowski either.

Nor have I seen Rocky (any version) or Rambo (any version).

And I have not seen Jaws (any version).

I have, however, on HBO, seen Get Crazy many times.  And why isn't that movie out on dvd?
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2008, 09:14:56 AM »

Never seen the Big Lebowski either.  Most of the people I know have no knowledge of movies outside of what Hollywood has released in the last ten years or so.  My wife has some strange phobia about anything in black and white.  She must have seen something really boring once, and now assumes that anything B&W is the same. 

There's plenty of stuff I haven't seen - the Godfather movies, Schindler's list, Citizen Kane, Shawshank Redemption, Taxi Driver, any of the Kill Bill and Saw movies.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2008, 09:17:34 AM »

It started out years ago with missing all those ROCKY and RAMBO movies when they were released and now it is something of a personal challenge.

This makes me very sad  Bluesad. I've met quite a few people a year or two younger than me recently, who have never even heard of Rambo! I showed one guy I knew First Blood and he didn't stop talking about it for a whole week, bought the whole series after that.

Javakoala
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2008, 11:09:42 AM »

This makes me very sad  Bluesad. I've met quite a few people a year or two younger than me recently, who have never even heard of Rambo! I showed one guy I knew First Blood and he didn't stop talking about it for a whole week, bought the whole series after that.

While the RAMBO movies have lots of great explosions, the first one was the best as far as character and story.  However, I feel the world was dealt two tragic blows with that movie:  They let Stallone try to emote which resulted in a scene that left me wishing the theater had close-captioning AND that they didn't end the movie like the novel it was based on which would have saved a LOT of stereotypical bad guys.

But that's just my opinion.  People think I'm weird for being excited to watch "Blood Freak" on Thanksgiving.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 11:35:21 AM »

I'm still amazed how many people on a BAD MOVIE Forum have never watched the worst movie I've ever seen -

NINJA BACHELOR PARTY!!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2008, 11:54:39 AM »

Many many of the "classics", or at least what AFI calls "classics".  Such as;
Citizen Kane
Gone With The Wind
Casablanca
Lawrence Of Arabia

Drama kind of bores me, what can I say? On a more surprising note, I avoid the 80s brat pack movies like the plague.  Pretty In Pink, Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Say Anything, etc.  Since I am a child of the 80s you'd figure I'd like those but nope. 

I watched mostly slapstick comedy, sci fi and horror films growing up.  However there are several films in those genres I haven't seen in their entirety which usually gets me the OMG treatment.  For example, I never have watched Halloween all the way through.  There are others but for now I'll keep my nerd street-cred somewhat intact.  TeddyR

Another group of films I haven't seen everything from is Disney.  Stuff like Peter Pan, Lady And The Tramp, Bambi, 101 Dalmations, etc. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 12:03:22 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2008, 01:02:20 PM »

...Has ANYone here seen The Big Lebowski? I sense a conspiracy, perhaps it is not a film at all but some imaginary stoner idol set up by the counter-culture conspirators!! Buggedout INDIANA SMITH TO THE RESCUE, DEFEAT THE TOYMAN!!!

I've seen The Big Lebowski.

As for movies I haven't seen that many people say I should:
Casablanca
All Indiana Jones Flicks
All James Bond Flicks
Star Wars- The Original Trilogy
Raising Arizona
Schindler's List

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2008, 02:51:38 PM »

Some old conversations I've had:

No really there was a movie in 1951 called The Thing too. It's actually quite good.

The original Planet of the Apes is actually a really thrilling movie even if Burton's remake was a piece of crud.

Black and white films are not all boring. In fact, there's tonnes of absolute fantastic black and white film out there...especially in the horror, sci-fi, mystery, thriller and film noir genres. Look for names like Hitchcock, Welles, Wise, Lewton, Hawks, Whale in particular. And that's just for starters. In fact, black and white in some ways with its use of shadows is actually more effective in the above genres.

But generally I agree that most people only seem to recognize the latest films or the latest popular trend.  Many have never seen any of the great comedies of the past from the likes of Abbott and Costello, The Three Stooges, The Marx Brothers, Hope and Crosby, Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Laurel and Hardy and are definitely missing out there in a lot of ways. Heck some don't even know about the popular comedies from the 80s and 90s nowadays.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 02:55:36 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2008, 04:02:28 PM »

I have never seen any of the Harry Potter films or any of the recent Spiderman films and I intend to keep it that way.

Word. . .
+1

not seen any of the re-hashes star wars movies either...

I've seen The Big Lebowski and remember being bored out of my mind.
When I tell people that I didn't care for it, they get all worked up like it's the best movie ever made.   Lookingup

the first 2 or even 3 times I attempted to watch big lebowski I didn't make it even half way through, got bored, thought the film was a mess, but  watched it again about a year ago and got mesmerised by it, and now think it is one of the best, funniest films I've seen.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2008, 06:59:21 PM »

Several people have mentioned that they've never seen Schindler's List.
I cannot recommend it enough.  It is an extremely powerful experience that you will not forget.
I just picked it up on DVD a few weeks ago.  It is a tearjerker...especially at the end.  It has brought tears to my eyes every time I've seen it and has done so to many, many others.
I'm not asking you to watch this film immediately, but it is one you should watch at least once before you die.

Watch this short review by Siskel & Ebert.  It's about 7 minutes long and they give a little bit more insight on it.

Small | Large

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2008, 10:55:53 PM »

I never seen most of those "Flavor of the month" (or year) like Broke Back Mountain or Passion Of The Christ.  The ones that everyone talks about for a couple of months and people tell you your crazy for not seeing it but forgets in about a year.

Off the top of my head never seen Beautiful Mind and other vote for Schindler's List ,The Big Lebowski and Citizen Kane.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 01:58:35 PM »

The Big Lebowski is one of those movies that I could tell by knowing the people that LIKED it, that I WOULDN'T.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2008, 04:07:00 PM »

I've never seen The Big Lebowski or Resevor Dogs.  The sad thing is both DVDs are sitting on my shelf.  For some reason once I bought them, I lost the urge to see them.

Well, I still might watch The Big Leboski one day. 

Still haven't seen any of The Godfather movies, or Scareface. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 04:20:48 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  "OMG! you've never seen _____?!" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.