Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:47:46 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  "OMG! you've never seen _____?!" « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Author Topic: "OMG! you've never seen _____?!"  (Read 137780 times)
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2008, 06:24:59 PM »

ghouck,

Like, a long time ago, like, I knew some shallow people who were, like, really into Woody Allen and stuff.  This was, like, way before he like lost his mind and married his adoptive daughter and stuff. They couldn't fathom how anyone (IE: me) didn't care about the man, his movies, or talking about the man and his movies.  Then again they also used the words "like" and "stuff" a lot when they talked, which was almost as irritating and annoying as watching a Woody Allen movie.   Wink

So, like, don't sweat it man.  Just, you know, go with like the flow, and stuff, and don't worry about, like, you know, stuff that people say.

TeddyR

Um, did you just say that anyone who ever liked a Woody Allen movie is shallow and stupid?

He was funny back in the early days. Not saying everybody has to have the same taste in humor, but if I'm one of those people who happened to like "Bananas", "Take the Money and Run", "Play it Again, Sam", "Sleeper" or "Annie Hall" I think I object to being told that makes me shallow.

Of course Allen himself made much the same accusation. We went to see one of his artsy, un-funny films, "Stardust Memories" when that first came out. A repeating line in that movie was "I liked your earlier, funny stuff", and he was obviously making fun of anybody who ever said that to him. So sue me. I liked his earlier, funny stuff.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2008, 09:08:22 PM »

I've never seen the movie Blade Runner.

My mother never saw A Christmas Story, the one that gets rerun for 24 straight hours every Christmas.  I promptly yelled at her for it.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2008, 10:32:10 PM »

well, happy, now's a good time. the 2 disc edition of blade runner that came out last year was excellent.

similar to your mom not having seen a christmas story, a co-worker of mine recently admitted that she'd never seen the goonies. we were all shocked.

schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2008, 11:29:31 PM »

My mother never saw A Christmas Story, the one that gets rerun for 24 straight hours every Christmas.  I promptly yelled at her for it.

Must be a generational thing. My kid made me watch it last Christmas, when I admitted that I'd not only never seen it, I'd never heard of it.

Don't feel like I was missing anything.
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2008, 11:43:06 PM »

i'm sorry, did i just hear something? it sounded like a nit being picked.

seriously, dude. methinks you doth protest too much.

No, there's a huge difference between the two. You complain that I protest? Who twisted your arm and made you respond?

Sorry you got all offended by someone that doesn't share your love for a movie, but you implied dishonesty on the part of people that don't agree with you. What more did you expect?

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2008, 09:18:13 AM »

Must be a generational thing. My kid made me watch it last Christmas, when I admitted that I'd not only never seen it, I'd never heard of it.

You didn't like it?

While I like the movie, I think it being aired for 24 straight hours is a bit excessive.

well, happy, now's a good time. the 2 disc edition of blade runner that came out last year was excellent.

similar to your mom not having seen a christmas story, a co-worker of mine recently admitted that she'd never seen the goonies. we were all shocked.
Thing is, I'm not really a Harrison Ford fan.  At all.  I hear good things about the movie though.  Don't know if I'd buy the dvd, but if I could rent it, maybe.

schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2008, 12:06:44 PM »

You didn't like it?

Not especially, to tell the truth. I felt like I was watching a sitcom past its prime, mugging and lame attempts at humor replacing actual jokes or originality.

But one thing I've learned in online newsgroups, people get really defensive about their sense of humor (see my above bristling about Woody Allen), so I'm not going to argue with you about whether it is or isn't an entertaining movie.
peter johnson

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2008, 01:06:03 PM »

Dang!!

Taste be a funny old thing, wot? 

I love love LOVE "Stardust Memories", it being the one time Allen left ol' Bergman alone, and went after Fellini -- maybe if you're a fan of "La Strada" or "La Dolce Vita" or "8 1/2" you can enjoy "Stardust Memories" more -- I dunno --

I enjoy Woody Allen, and find his attempts to become a Serious Film-maker to be laudable, even when they fail.  I certainly enjoy all the early ones schmedrick mentions, but I also like things like "Cassandra's Dream" and "Zelig" and even "Shadows and Fog" --

Seriously, I wish people who've given up on Woody Allen would at least look at "Cassandra's Dream"  -- his most recent film -- when it comes to the dollar-rental store.  Very tragic small Irish film that I believe would've done better had Allen's name not been on it.

I also find I like "A Christmas Story" the more times I see it, so I think this is a film to see more than once, like "It's a Wonderful Life" -- yes, it has that cheap sit-com veneer over it, but there are actually nuances that reveal themselves over repeated viewings.  In many ways it evokes David Sedaris, and I don't just mean the nasty elves --

Back to confessions:  I have never seen a Godzilla vs. Gamera movie, and I own 2 of them!  2 VHS presents from a year ago, and there they still sit . . . I can see the fanged turtle on the cover . . . when will the shoe fall? . ..

peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2008, 03:41:58 PM »

I wish people who've given up on Woody Allen would at least look at "Cassandra's Dream"  -- his most recent film...

actually, i think vicky cristina barcelona was his most recent film.

peter johnson

« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2008, 05:25:12 PM »

Yes, you're right -- 'haven't seen it --

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2008, 06:17:14 PM »

I've never seen THE GOONIES.  Frankly, I'm shocked that anyone would be shocked someone hadn't seen it.  It came out when I was 17, so it wasn't exactly a "cool" movie among my peer group.  Maybe it's only surprising if someone in a specific age range has never seen it?   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
peter johnson

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2008, 06:31:07 PM »

Reverent, I think the implication is that at one time everyone would rush out and see ANY Speilberg movie simply because he was in vogue -- Even I ended up seeing The Goonies as a young adult in my 20's or 30's -- whenever it came out -- because I was hypnotized by the Speilberg ouvre, as were so many around me.  And at least as many who professed to rabidly hate him, but went to all his films anyway to feed that hatred.  These days I'm more about Michael Donough.

peter johnson/denny crane

ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2008, 07:03:38 PM »

I've never seen THE GOONIES.  Frankly, I'm shocked that anyone would be shocked someone hadn't seen it.  It came out when I was 17, so it wasn't exactly a "cool" movie among my peer group.  Maybe it's only surprising if someone in a specific age range has never seen it?   

good point, exactly. to me, it's a bit unusual for someone between 25 and 35 to have not seen the goonies, but as we're learning here, everyone has different spheres of interest, so some things are bound to slip past people.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2008, 09:22:08 PM »

You didn't like it?

Not especially, to tell the truth. I felt like I was watching a sitcom past its prime, mugging and lame attempts at humor replacing actual jokes or originality.

But one thing I've learned in online newsgroups, people get really defensive about their sense of humor (see my above bristling about Woody Allen), so I'm not going to argue with you about whether it is or isn't an entertaining movie.

I can see why people may not like it.  Funny thing is, I hate sitcoms, but loved the movie.

I liked it, but am not one of those who'd sit there and bark about why a person should like something or not, just cause I like it.  Different strokes to move the world, so to speak. Wink

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2008, 10:50:32 PM »

I have never seen...
 The BIG LEBOWSKI...(if Rolling Stone Mag endorses it...I don't wanna see it either!)
 GONE WITH THE WIND
 TITANIC
 the GODFATHER
 ROCKY (any of them)
 Any Harry Potter movie,PIRATES of the CARIBEAN movie,STAR  WARS beyond the first one,LOTR movies, SPIDERMAN movies (except the TV pilot one!), CITIZAN KANE, any Bond movie beyond past the Roger Moore era, most chick fliks,any SAW movie beyond the first (which I hated), any of the new horror "remakes" (except Rob Zombies HALLOWEEN,the HILLS HAVE EYES...both which I enjoyed...!) ,and a whole lotta stuff I can't think of right now!
The only Rambo movie I ever saw was FIRST BLOOD.

the movie I REALLY want to see....? I'm ashamed to say...I have never seen  MAD LOVE with Peter Lorre. DAM! I WANT to see that one!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  "OMG! you've never seen _____?!" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.