Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:43:01 PM
714314 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Supernatural biker movie? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Supernatural biker movie?  (Read 4246 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: November 26, 2008, 05:31:36 PM »

Okay, this is one that I saw as a child late at night in the late 70's/early 80's, and it freaked me out.  I am guessing from memory that it had the feel of a film made in either the late 60's or early 70's.  It may have also been a british film, but I'm not sure.  In my mind's eye I see a bunch of brits on Triumps instead of Harleys, but I could be way off.  Anyway, here's the synopsis from what I can remember:

There is a biker gang.  The leader of the gang somehow discovers that he can kill himself and come back to life as an immortal.  I'm not sure how he discovers this, but he tells his biker gang that he can do it and that he intends to kill himself and will come back to life to prove it.  He succeeds and convinces the rest of the gang to do so, and they will be an indestructible biker gang.  The rest of the gang then proceeds to start killing themselves.  I remember a whole montage of different ways they do it.  One jumps to his death from a plane, one weights himself and jumps into a lake, etc.  The only one who refuses to do it is the leader's girlfriend, despite his repeated attempts to convince her.  The undead biker gang then proceeds to terrorize the country-side, apparently consequence-free.  Somehow it is established in the film that they are not totally indestructible, and that they can be stopped permanently, and I'm pretty sure the girlfriend is behind it.  I'm not sure how the movie resolves, but I'm pretty sure that they are all killed and that there is a final showdown between the lead and his girlfriend. 

Does anyone know what this movie is?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Skull
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 05:36:04 PM »

Psychomania (1973)

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 05:38:35 PM »

Holy crap that was fast.  I'll have to look into it, but that looks like that's it.  Amazing.  I thought this one would take some time.  Thanks!

Skull
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 05:43:24 PM »

Holy crap that was fast.  I'll have to look into it, but that looks like that's it.  Amazing.  I thought this one would take some time.  Thanks!

Its a kick ass cult film... :)
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 05:45:36 PM »

I must have been pretty close in my synopsis then.  That was like 3 minutes for a reply, if that.  I gotta find that film.

Skull
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 05:57:46 PM »

I must have been pretty close in my synopsis then.  That was like 3 minutes for a reply, if that.  I gotta find that film.

I own it through a 20 movie DVD set for 12 dollars (You shouldnt have a hard time finding it)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/waAQd5W6Yi4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/waAQd5W6Yi4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 06:03:52 PM »

Funny.  The title, like many truly great b movies, is completely irrelevant.  When I think of the word "Psychomania," somehow bikers don't seem to enter my mind.  That's awesome.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 06:05:07 PM »

Skull is correct, and your synopsis was dead on.  

I think it's safe to call this one "solved."  Cheers

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Supernatural biker movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.