Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:17:42 AM
714146 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  CANT THINK OF THIS ONE shadow monster movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CANT THINK OF THIS ONE shadow monster movie  (Read 17271 times)
actanonverba@verizon.net
New Visitor

« on: November 27, 2008, 11:15:12 PM »

this is a movie i seen almost ten or so years ago its not that old and heres what i rember the basiclly the movie is about a guy who inherets a house from his mother and she was crazy or something she thought therewas a monster or something that lived or was a shadow the house was wired with lights so there wasnt any shadow she had a room full of lght bulbs flashlights batteries anyway the guy inherites it and dosent think much of it until weird things happen something he sees what ever any way hes battles it and trys to destroy it and creates a trap that he crawls in it and it follows eventuly i think there is a girl old friend or neighbor that gets involved  any way any names would be helpful
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 02:54:11 AM by actanonverba@verizon.net » Logged
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 11:51:49 PM »

This post is in the wrong section (Look for "What was this film? board"), but I think it could be HOUSE from 1986 - A writer named Roger Cobb inherits a house from his batty aunt and sees several warped monsters in it. He wires up several devices to try and catch some evidence of the things, and is occasionally helped (And many times hindered) by his new neighbors, including a fat fan of his and a hot jogger lady.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 12:20:44 AM »

That was my thought too Mr. Briggs. "House" is one of my favorite 80's flicks; if it gets remade I'll cry. Here's a trailer for it I found on Youtube:

Small | Large

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
blacklisted
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 01:49:56 AM »

no this isnt it but the plot is close the monster was a accual shadow that ate people or took them away and i preety sure that the movie wasnt that old its newer mid to early 1990s
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 04:20:58 AM »

Two movies pop into my head:

Darkness Falls
Boogeyman

I'm leaning more toward Darkness Falls, since in that movie the protagonist's mother is killed by a monster (the Tooth Fairy, to be exact) that inhabits dark corners.  Because of this, the protagonist suffers severe phobia of the darkness, which causes him to put lights all over his house. 

The only other movies I can think of that somewhat fit this description are:
They
The Shadowbuilder

I don't think it's either, since Shadowbuilder has a different plot, but it does have a "shadow monster."
blacklisted
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 05:41:59 AM »

no i seen those and they are not it thx for your attention anyway
blacklisted
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 05:53:19 AM »

i rember that in the opening of the movie the womans maid was changeing a blown light and the lady has told her to always get a latern or light with her (house rules) it was in a closet and she didnt of  course and even though the hallway lights are on and she can see fine anyway when she walks in she puts her self in a shadow and you can see something like black gel that grows out of the darkness and grabs her anyway shortely after a owner of the house dies of a heart attack or something unussal wel thats what i remember  
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 07:38:24 AM »

Here is a long shot:  "Don't Worry It's Only Your Imagination" (2002)

IMDb entry:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0461937/

The time frame does not fit well with what you mention, and the movie is a short and the only short review I found said it was shot in B&W, but it sounds promising (and interesting).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
blacklisted
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 06:13:51 PM »

no itsnt it either thx for attention
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 06:24:24 PM »

It may be Shadow Creature, although I can't find any real plot information on it, as it's quite rare.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114403/

blacklisted
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 09:00:14 PM »

no that aint it thx for attention looks funny :)
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 01:05:42 AM »

While this probably isn't it, your description sounds an a lot like a certain episode of Night Visions.  It was a Horror anthology show that ran around 2001.

http://www.tv.com/night-visions/darkness/episode/72514/summary.html?tag=ep_list;title;19

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
blaccklisted
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 06:41:04 PM »

i think thats it i could of swore it was a movie but that has to be it thx appericate it
Rumblestealskins
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 12:21:04 PM »

How about  Bram Stoker's ShadowBuilder? It has a Shadow Demon. Michael Rooker, from Henry: Portarit of a Serial Killer played the lead. it's from 1997, this may be it.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  CANT THINK OF THIS ONE shadow monster movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.