Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:11:48 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Seems like everything good gets cancellled. . « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Seems like everything good gets cancellled. .  (Read 33910 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2009, 03:30:39 PM »

Carnivale: IMO one of the worst crimes of the 21st century was it's cancellation. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Wag
Bad Movie Lover

It's a real cat and carrot situation

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2009, 04:12:44 PM »

Jeremiah also had a lot of potential and should not have got cancelled.

Dark Angel (after Firefly, cancelling this was the worst mistake in TV history, in my opinion)

Also, I think Angel had another series left in it (maybe he could have been dusted though and it focus more on Illyria?)

Where the hell is that soothing music coming from?
maxdname
New Visitor

Haaaah! Godzirra!

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2009, 02:33:22 PM »

Greg the Bunny... great idea and cast.

And what about The Red Green Show? PBS sabotaged that one by changing the date/time too often. Or maybe it was just Oregon PB that did that. It was funny without offending anyone (except maybe those Canadians who live in Port Uranium--all 53 of them), and that's not easy anymore.

Speaking of offensive, Action, probably got the ax for that reason (I loved it--EVERYbody should be offended once in a while). I loved Mohr, in a close-up, screaming obscenities and then his young daughter telling him, "That's good, daddy."

What do I know? I think after Mad Cow they should call the Swine Flu, Hog Wild... Wheeeennnngggg!!!

ALVY: That's okay, you ... we-we can walk to the curb from here.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2009, 03:20:07 PM »

I just remembered, I liked Drew Carrey's Green Screen Show.  It was cancelled too early for my taste.  Very disappointing.  Bluesad

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2009, 05:31:42 PM »

And what about The Red Green Show? PBS sabotaged that one by changing the date/time too often. Or maybe it was just Oregon PB that did that. It was funny without offending anyone (except maybe those Canadians who live in Port Uranium--all 53 of them), and that's not easy anymore.

The Red Green Show ran for 15 years and 300 episodes, and it's still in reruns on a couple of channels. The cancellation seems to have more to do with Steve Smith wanting to retire than with anyone messing around with the show.

I used to watch Red Green pretty regularly. As far as I'm concerned, the show jumped the shark when the "outdoor show" format started getting mixed up with other goings-on at the lodge. We started seeing things happening apart from the show within a show, and people who would previously just get described in Red's stories became real characters on the show. It was much better at the beginning.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2009, 03:03:21 PM »

I watch mostly documentaries on the Discovery, Science and National Geographic Channels.  Unlike fictional TV shows, you don't invest much emotion in those.

Are you saying I am the only one that yells at the screen when those pseudo-docu-dramas start to present hypothesis as fact and try to pass theory off as scientific evidence?  Buggedout

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2009, 04:44:07 PM »

Quote from: Kester Pelagius link=topic=122232.msg261464#msg261464 Are you saying [u
I[/u] am the only one that yells at the screen when those pseudo-docu-dramas start to present hypothesis as fact and try to pass theory off as scientific evidence?  Buggedout

So, you're saying the Illuminati aren't battling the Vril Society for mastery of the world?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2009, 06:23:44 PM »

The Red Green Show ran for 15 years and 300 episodes, and it's still in reruns on a couple of channels. The cancellation seems to have more to do with Steve Smith wanting to retire than with anyone messing around with the show.

I used to watch Red Green pretty regularly. As far as I'm concerned, the show jumped the shark when the "outdoor show" format started getting mixed up with other goings-on at the lodge. We started seeing things happening apart from the show within a show, and people who would previously just get described in Red's stories became real characters on the show. It was much better at the beginning.
I agree.I remember seeing one of the new episodes that showed a bunch of women(I think they were wives of the lodge members)picketing or some such thing.Women should never ever be shown on the Red Green Show.If ever there was a show that was 100% for men,it is Red Green(though my Mom watches it once in a while).
It still airs on Saturday nights on the local PBS affiliate here near KCMO.I just wish they would show episodes that I have not already seen a dozen times.
Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2009, 10:40:31 PM »

I loved Red Green when I was growing up in Northern Minnesota.  After I moved to Texas, I could never find it.  :(

Amanda
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2009, 10:54:33 PM »

I have always felt Married With Children was taken off kind of early/oddly. I mean i'm a huge fan and all, but I will say the jokes were wearing a little thin but I still loved them and the ratings were still good, espcially in foreign markets(I understand Germans are huge fans of MWC)just kind of weird it was canned at the last minute without a final show for the fans. You have to understand MWC was the very first show to run on Fox when nobody knew what Fox was and MWC helped it become as popular as it is now. Just goes to show you how networks care about their shows and fans. :(

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2009, 11:17:55 PM »

I have always felt Married With Children was taken off kind of early/oddly. I mean i'm a huge fan and all, but I will say the jokes were wearing a little thin but I still loved them and the ratings were still good, espcially in foreign markets(I understand Germans are huge fans of MWC)just kind of weird it was canned at the last minute without a final show for the fans. You have to understand MWC was the very first show to run on Fox when nobody knew what Fox was and MWC helped it become as popular as it is now. Just goes to show you how networks care about their shows and fans. :(
Shame too, as I really liked it.  I remember they moved it like, three times, from Sunday night to Tuesday, then to Saturday nights.  Good show.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2009, 03:25:41 PM »

My Name is Earl gets the axe. Worst thing is it ended on a  "to be continued..." I didn't like the season where he was in jail as much as the first ones but this last season I thought was back on track.
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2009, 03:45:05 PM »

My Name is Earl gets the axe. Worst thing is it ended on a  "to be continued..." I didn't like the season where he was in jail as much as the first ones but this last season I thought was back on track.

Had no idea the show had ended. Pretty funny show too.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2009, 05:18:40 PM »

Greg the Bunny... great idea and cast.

Speaking of offensive, Action, probably got the ax for that reason (I loved it--EVERYbody should be offended once in a while). I loved Mohr, in a close-up, screaming obscenities and then his young daughter telling him, "That's good, daddy."

What do I know? I think after Mad Cow they should call the Swine Flu, Hog Wild... Wheeeennnngggg!!!

Red Green! I love that show. I'm from Michigan of course. All true Michiganders love Red Green.  Cheers I have a hat I wear every single day-everywhere- just like his. A green fishing hat. Red Green the MAN!

Small | Large

I usta like SPACE:1999-Martin Landau and Barbra Bain (who had already done a series together - Mission Impossible)....and guest stars like Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing! Fun show!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2009, 10:59:31 AM »

Yet they cancelled Deadwood and Rome after two seasons.

well, to be fair, Rome was phenomenally expensive to produce, and they ended it at the perfect point.  After Octavian ascends as Caesar Augustus, things get kind of boring in Rome for a while (other than Octavian's daughter being a nymphomaniac). 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Seems like everything good gets cancellled. . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.