Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:20:13 PM
714227 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Godzilla monsters « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Favorite Godzilla monsters  (Read 7870 times)
Hairzilla
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2002, 11:09:49 AM »

Thanks for the tip, Squishy, I appreciate it. I got SO annoyed with my internet service pulling that "Your account has been logged off due to inactivity" crap [Hey, it may just be about giant monsters or zombies, but it's obvious that we all invest a decent amount of thought into our posts, and it sucks that being abruptly cut off from the 'net can wipe out the whole thing.] that I actually did just that this time, and typed my post in Wordpad first and then cut and pasted it. I've been decently computer literate for quite awhile now, but I confess that I havn't really experimented with using Wordpad all that much, so I didn't think that it could actually work.

Oh Lord! M11!? I totally forgot about him! Hahahahaha!!! Now HE deserves some kind of special recognition just for running around like the Six Million Dollar Man! They had the technology....

Speaking of cross confrontations, as I was writing that last post the thought occured to me just how similiar the overall concepts of Legion and Destroyah are. Now THAT would be a battle which could, conceivably, spread around the world!

After reading your thoughts about the reused monster elements [Good observations, Squishmeister!] a saying came to mind which seems to nicely sum up the apparent whole of Toho's creative process: "The more things change the more they stay the same". Hahahahaha!! Sheesh, it's no wonder Gamera's THREE recent films kicked the collective butts of Godzilla's first modern-day SEVEN.

Hey Toho! Daei! Can you hear it?! The fans WANT a well done Godzilla vs Gamera! IT'S TIME!
mkgixnay
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2002, 03:20:34 PM »

A nice thread going here i must say..IMO Toho monsters are the best in all of movie monsterland!! My favorites are: Godzilla-becuz without him we'd all probably be Rodan or Mothra fans about now.. (2) i like the updated Mothra(90s)with all the whizzbang effects he has now(the old Mothra was a girl i believe). (3) the 1st Ghidrah(from outerspace)NOT the 90s version but had they stuck with the meteoric origin story than some cutesy '3 'lil dorats'mutation and gave him back the supertough'outerspace' skin he deserves, then i could root for him in with the rest of my favs.(3) is without a doubt-the 70s MechaGodzilla!! i've never been so influenced by a icon of b-movie history(i even created a Halloween costume out of posterboard and 2 cans of metallic silver spraypaint--imagine walking around the city with my then 6 and 7 girls trickortreating and kids in PowerRangers outfits saluting me in codespeak. Also i found the 90s MechaGodzilla rather innovative enough to make the list, but notice that this one is way more cumbersome and defensivetype of model while the 70s one could actually 'beat up' a foe(Seesar and Angurus for example) via remote control over human manual control.(4) Gigan--this guy IMO edges even MechaGodzilla in all out design and at times the most humorous sidekick monster of the bunch-he still deserves some sorta 'eye visor' weapon and/or breath weapon to this day..(5)Rodan(the 'Larry' of the 3 Stooge monsters(Angurus or Mothra can vie for the 'Curly' role); a flat out top speed plus superhurricane winds at his will is hard to beat(i prefer the very 1st Rodan model over the one used in the Ghidrah/Monster Zero flicks-too comical looking; LOVE the model when flying-as in DestroyAllMonsters; 90s Rodan get kudos for newfound breath weapon but appears to be a little too small(?)compared to 1st Rodan.(6)JetJaguar-if only they gave him some flashy artillery to go with those karate moves.(7)goes to Titanosaurus--a further thanks to Toho-just  when you think they ran outta ideas for an ordinary foe,they give him the ability to use his tail as a gale force means of attack(8)will go to king Seesar(he's another one for credibility via Toho ingenuity; any monster that can use its 'eyes' as a deflective counterweapon outta the blue like that is just one of the things that makes b-movies good..(9)believe or not-Kong,this Toho version to me is underrated-sure he vanquishes Gorosaurus and MechaKong(who is also underrated..)but is top honored for going up vs the G.(10)Hedorah(smog monster);i know he's(or she) rather ugly-i like the land/sea/air metamorph ability to boot. (11)MechaGhidorah(this weapon reminds me of an idea i had a long time ago when i drew up a similar one based on the 60s Ghidorah(hence MechaGhidrah),except it was to be remote controlled like 1st mechagodzilla and 100%robotic from a black hole in outerspaceAND it had way more weaponry that we as fans have yet to see in a G. movie..)(12)Mogera--i never had the chance to see 'The Mysterians but i totally admire this weapon machine and truly wish they left MechaGodzilla II on remote control and just stick to manually operation as they did with Mogera
  What are my LEAST favorites goes to (1)Megalon(only becuz of whoever the director was--under the right director, he would've surely been candidate for my top 10).(2)Gabera(i dont think this one would've even existed if the 1st director were at the helm).(3) Aspiega(kumonga)but at least he fits the story he was in.(4)Minya;only if it weren't for the 'doughboy' design and personality(5)Minilla--nice name,might as well had stuck with Minya;again though a bit too cutesy,but the story..(6) Ebirah(fits the story as well)but what more can you expect from a giant lobster?BTW, anyone notice that Godzilla looks aLOT like 70s Gamera at the time in G.vs the Sea monster?(7)Battra(yet a feisty foe if i seen of one).(8) Baragon(a little known monster who needed to share the spotlight more).(9)Varan(the Unbelievable);only needed more involvement in D.A.M. movie-great potential,also.(10)Destroyah, SpaceGodzilla and Biollante are in a 3 way tie for this one-i dont dislike 'em, they're just my least favs..Oh i almost forgot Gappa and the 2 Gargantua bros.(update 'em along with Kong and that'll help). And hey i hear the chant for a GXG in the future--LETS DO IT ALREADY!!
ray
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 12:20:57 AM »

i  have   been  watching  godzilla  movies  for   a long  time  and   hope  some   tv  station   will  have   a  godzilla   movie  marathon   because   it  doesnt   seem  right   not  to   see  a  godzilla   movie   during   the  week   or   week  end or  at  least   during    the  new  year   like   the  did   during   for new  years   night   but  as  i  know   godzilla    is  not  as  inportant   as  he  was   during   the  late   60s -70s 80s   and  90s   but  any  way  i  still   hope  one  day some  station   will  have   a  godzilla  movie  marathon    thank  you  for  your  time   11-27-08  time  11-19pm
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 07:48:33 PM »

Not going to mention Godzilla because that's a given.  Not going to mention King Kong becasue he's not really a "Godzilla" monster.

1.  Rodan:  He gets the number one slot because his stand alone movie is pretty good.
2.  Angurius:  Good design.  Fierce fighter.  Cool sounding roar.
3.  Gigan:  A lot of people seem to dislike Gigan.  But how could you hate a giant cybernetic space chicken? 
4.  Biolante:  Definately one of the more unique design.  And one of the better Godzilla movies at that.
5.  Tie between King Ghidorah and Mecha-Godzilla. 

Least favorites
5.  Mothra:  Over-rated.  Could somebody please explain how a moth keeps beating a mutant dinosaur?
4.  Meganurius:  Like Battra only weaker.
3.  Ebirah:  Although I do like the movie, the enemy monster is a giant shrimp. 
2.  Gabara:  stupid monster
which leads us to
1.  Minya:  Nobody likes Minya.

I'm going to add something here.  Favorite Godzilla suits/design
1.  Godzilla from Godzilla vs Biolantee   One of the more realistic designs.  This suit perfectly blended a natuaral look for Godzilla while adding to his threating nature.
2.  Godzilla from the Origianal.  GKOTM.  Yes, its the first, but latter designs really improved from it.  Its high up on the list for historical purposes.
3.  Godzilla from Godziila Mothra King Ghidorah  This design was all about making him look mean.  And boy, does it ever do that. 
4.  Godzilla from King Kong vs Godzilla
5.  Godzilla from Destroy All Monsters

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Godzilla monsters « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.