Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:42:15 PM
714162 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Worst video game EVER « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Worst video game EVER  (Read 20983 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« on: November 29, 2008, 05:28:22 PM »

Several years ago I bought a game for the PC called "Daikatana" It was a first person shooter where you have some NPCs that 'helped' you (IOW, got in the way and killed all the time), while helping support their own stereotypes (a Shaft-esque Black dude, and Asian woman IIRC). This game was HORRIBLE. When you opened the box the game came it, there was a CD, a manual, and a slip of paper saying that the game wouldn't work until you downloaded and installed a near 90-meg patch. This was in the days when broadband wasn't available everywhere, so some of us were stuck downloading it by dial-up. The installation of the patch took a few hours, and the game turned out to be crap anyways.

There was another that I had for the Atari 2600, that was completely useless. It had some kind of dungeons and dragons kind of title, and was completely unintelligible. I just remember weird symbols, and going from one room to another and back, which made the symbols change. It was weird, does this game sound familiar to anyone?

Anyways, what's the worst you've played?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 08:30:34 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 05:33:33 PM »

Rise Of The Robots

Small | Large

Awful controls, awful graphics, bland, boring game characters. I think each robot had about 2 moves and when I once played this with my cousin, the 2nd player couldn't even move, regardless of how many controllers we tried. The levels are also really boring and repetitive and the game is too easy.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 07:05:18 PM »

I bought a game called 1602 AD, where you had to start a colony and trade with the natives and build an empire . . . and I went bankrupt, every stinking time!!  I couldn't win a battle at sea and couldn't sustain enough revenue to keep my colonies afloat.  I HATED that game!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 07:52:29 PM »

Small | Large

My brother NEEDED this game when it first came out.  My mother went out and dropped 50 bucks on it.  Keep in mind, this was in the 80s when 50 bucks for a game was unheard of.  I recall playing it and realizing it sucked at a young age. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 08:28:33 PM »

I remember the Atari ET game.  I didn't have it, but someone else did - and I wish I could remember who.  Probably the one boy in class who seemed to have every Atari game ever made.  Anyway, the description that "you fall in a hole, try to get out for hours" was dead on for ET.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 09:08:46 PM »

Most games based on movies suck.  Heres another one...
Small | Large

This dude does a real funny review of the game...

WARNING WARNING WARNING!  NSFW NSFW NSFW!!!
Small | Large

Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 01:12:53 AM »

Of the top of my head I'd say Mission:Impossible for the N64.  Bad graphics, and absoultely lousy control-which made the game about x10 harder than it needed to be.  I actually felt bad that my parents had spent money on it buying it for me.

The recent Godzilla: Unleashed was also a big disappointment.  The flaws in the previous game weren't fixed, and in some cases seemed to be magnified. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 08:37:16 AM »

Kileak the DNA Imperative.  I think it was one of the launch titles for the PS1.  It actually didn't start off too bad, but once you got to the higher levels it became utterly monotonous.  You got a VERY limited supply of ammo, which absolutely had to be saved for the tougher opponents, so you had to use your rechargeable energy weapons most of the time.  There'd be one recharge station on a level, so you'd go there, then walk 150 yards down a hallway, fire a bunch of rounds down the hallway (like the guy in the video is doing) to knock out any enemies that might await you.  Look at all the marvelous variety in the hallways in the video.  Then it was 150 yards back to the recharge station, 150 yards back to where you started, then proceed down the hallway.  Kill one enemy, back to the recharge station.  And it didn't save unless you finished the levels, and they got really difficult, so you could be repeating this whole procedure numerous times.  And it probably took a half hour to finish a level if you didn't get killed, so we're talking many, MANY hours of walking back and forth to the recharge station.

Small | Large

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 12:15:12 PM »

I remember a game for the Commodore 64 where you navigated some maze/dungeon. There wasn't much to it, it was kind of a text adventure with very limited graphics. It seemed like it was made by someone with no imagination, because the enemies were often just random crap, like the guys looked around their office for things to put into the game. "You were attacked by a pane of glass", "you were attacked by a giant dust ball", "you were attacked by a ream of paper". In all fairness, about 90% of the games people had for the commodore were illegal copies in the first place, so I'm not sure how the guy sitting in the office looking for things to put into the game was supposed to get too motivated anyways.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 02:00:11 PM »

Spy Games: Elevator Mission

Sadly, since it's inception the Wii has become the major target for "shovelware": the cheapest, crappiest games rushed into production and shoveled onto store shelves like so much boxed sh!t under the pretense that out of the millions of Wii owners in the world, there will be at least enough stupid ones to shill out $20 or less for cheap garbage to keep their kids busy that these companies will have no trouble making a profit. I avoid shovelware like they all carried some form of video game transmitted brain cancer that would cause my gray matter to turn to black sludge and leak from my ears, but when I signed up for a trial month of GameFly I slipped this FPS onto my queue and had it back in the mail within an hour of it being delivered to my home. In this case, FPS stands for First Person Sh!tter. It's the type of gamer Hell that cannot be described in words, only in the number of bamboo chutes I'd rather have rammed under my toenails than have to play it again.  Hatred

Small | Large

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 04:18:29 PM »

South Park PS1
Small | Large

This game really sucked.  First off the weapons were hard to find.  The map was a clusterf*ck and the graphics were almost Atari 2600 in nature. 

DarkSider's Realm

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 05:39:27 PM »

For PC, there are many, many horrible games. One I have recently played through is Scratches, a point and click horror game. It does a good job of setting the atmosphere and of building a sense of mild dread throughout. It is set in a Victorian mansion, where a horror novelist has come to hopefully finish writing his latest novel. He is isolated, and he begins to hear strange scratching noises. The story builds to a nice head, but the ending is so mindbogglingly anticlimactic and nonsensical that it ruins everything it had worked to set up. The Director's Cut version has a follow-up game that is supposed to help explain the first, but it just kept crashing, so I was unable to finish it. I recently found the ending on You Tube, and it made as little sense as the first. It aggravated me horribly to play through a game with the ending I was given.

On Wii, I would nominate Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. It's short, extremely linear, repetitive, and only mildly amusing at times. I beat it in a couple of days; played through it a couple more times as alternate characters, experienced the alternate endings (both are depressing--you either end up dead or enslaved--yay me!). It was almost fun for all of five minutes to play as Admiral Akbar, but even that got old fast. It looks much better on Xbox or Playstation, but if the gameplay is the same, it is still one of the least fun games I have ever played.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 06:25:28 PM »

I remember when the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game came out.  I dropped quarters into it like it was going out of style.
When it finally came out for the NES, I was thrilled.  That is until I played the game.

The Irate Gamer discusses Ninja Turtles (NSFW!!!)
Small | Large
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 06:50:51 PM »

I remember when the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game came out.  I dropped quarters into it like it was going out of style.
When it finally came out for the NES, I was thrilled.  That is until I played the game.

Dude this game sucked.  I don't think I ever made it past the second level. 

DarkSider's Realm

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 07:12:07 PM »

"Tom and Jerry" for the SNES was a complete letdown, , but, , when my kid was about 5 he started playing it and loved it, in minutes he got further than I ever had.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Worst video game EVER « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.