Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:48:47 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Worms in ears and people under the floor « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worms in ears and people under the floor  (Read 10248 times)
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 01, 2008, 11:05:23 AM »

Alright, try as I might I haven't been able to figure out two mystery movies my wife (and her friends) saw around '87-89 on television. Her memories aren't the best but here's what she has:

A low-budget movie involving parasitic mind-control worms. Said worms (slugs?) were placed in people's ears and made them essentially "zombies." She's convinced it took place in an office setting and there was a sequence on a bus. I suggested The Hidden, Body Snatchers, Night of the Creeps, she said, "Nope."

This one is very vague. I quote, "People living under the floor of a family's bedroom. There might have been a big disgusting pile of garbage in the corner of the room." It was not "People Under the Stairs" and it was "very scuzzy, late-70s or early-80s and very scary."

Any help?
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 11:14:54 AM »

Additional info:

#1 was not Shivers and my wife now tells me the worms "may have been robotic in some way." She insists it was very '80s and had lots of red and blue, the worms were thin. Might have been on Elvira.
Javakoala
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 06:46:31 PM »

Alright, try as I might I haven't been able to figure out two mystery movies my wife (and her friends) saw around '87-89 on television. Her memories aren't the best but here's what she has:

A low-budget movie involving parasitic mind-control worms. Said worms (slugs?) were placed in people's ears and made them essentially "zombies." She's convinced it took place in an office setting and there was a sequence on a bus. I suggested The Hidden, Body Snatchers, Night of the Creeps, she said, "Nope."

This one is very vague. I quote, "People living under the floor of a family's bedroom. There might have been a big disgusting pile of garbage in the corner of the room." It was not "People Under the Stairs" and it was "very scuzzy, late-70s or early-80s and very scary."

Any help?

Number 2 might be "The Unseen"  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083261/
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 06:49:38 PM »

I'll take a guess at the first one...

Is it Parasite starring Demi Moore?

Andrew has reviewed it here on the site:
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/parasite/
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 09:09:42 AM »

Javakoala - The Unseen is a great guess, thanks. I'll see if that's a fit.

Ash - I thought it might be Parasite as well. After watching a Youtube clip my wife said it wasn't it. She said the mind control worms were a small - or relatively small - part of the movie. They only went in and controlled the person and didn't burst out. They also remained very small. She said they were really poorly done, not convincing at all.

Thanks!
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 11:27:24 PM »

A low-budget movie involving parasitic mind-control worms. Said worms (slugs?) were placed in people's ears and made them essentially "zombies."

A scene from  "The Beastmaster" comes to mind here. A green-glowing worm or leech is inserted into a guy's ear. It apparently burrows into his brain and it turns him into a mindless killing machine. Andrew has a review for this flick here: http://www.badmovies.org/movies/beastmaster/

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 09:46:40 AM »

Thanks, Jordan.

I don't think it was Beastmaster though I know the scene you're thinking of.

At this point I would assume that my wife is conflating memories, mixing films, but she has two friends who I've talked with who both describe the film the very same way. Mid-late 80s, set in an office building, involving worms in ears for mind control.

I've suggested The Puppet Masters to them and when I showed a clip they nodded as though it was familiar but both agreed it was not the film.

The mind boggles...
316zombie
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 05:22:17 PM »

are they sure it's a movie?it sounds like an episode of one of the many tvseries i have.. i'll see if i can figure out which one.. i want to say tales of the darkside, but i think i'm wrong...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Worms in ears and people under the floor « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.