Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:33:11 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which of these free on-demand movies have you seen? Should I watch them? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which of these movies have you seen?
2001 Maniacs (2005)
Aaltra (2004)
Adaptation (2002)
Christmas Evil (1980)
I'm a Cyborg (2006)
Ju-On (2000)
Ju-On 2 (2000)
Last House on the Left  (1972)
People under the Stairs (1991)
The Serpent & the Rainbow (1988)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Which of these free on-demand movies have you seen? Should I watch them?  (Read 12529 times)
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 01:48:07 PM »

I have kind of been wanting to watch Christmas Evil because 'tis the season and all, but part of the summary scared me off - a boy sees his mother making love to his father dressed as Santa - I really love Santa and don't want this vision burned into my brains.

I watched it a while ago, there's no nudity and Santa just kisses a pantyhosed leg, hardly can be infeered that it's "making love."

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 08:01:11 PM »

I have kind of been wanting to watch Christmas Evil because 'tis the season and all, but part of the summary scared me off - a boy sees his mother making love to his father dressed as Santa - I really love Santa and don't want this vision burned into my brains.

I watched it a while ago, there's no nudity and Santa just kisses a pantyhosed leg, hardly can be infeered that it's "making love."

What is the non-sexual interpretation of Santa kissing a panythosed leg?  Did she accidentally spill some eggnog down there and he's just making sure it doesn't go to waste?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 10:47:24 PM »

I haven't seen it in years, but I remember liking The Serpent and the Rainbow quite a bit when I saw it. It was well done and had a good creepy feel to it. I also marked Ju-on. I can't agree that it was boring. It was structured a bit oddly, which isn't all that unusual with Japanese movies, and what passes for an ending wasn't as conclusive as I'd have liked, but it did have some good, creepy moments, mostly involving yowling children in black and white makeup. I've never seen the American version, but I enjoyed the original. I saw Christmas Evil as well, but I'm not sure I could recommend it; it just didn't entertain me all that much, and the ending is a pretty extreme "What the hell?" kind of moment. I think I saw Last House on the Left as well, though it may have been a similar movie copying it; it's been a while, and I just took some Nyquil, so my brain isn't up and 100% running. Allhallowsday makes a good point about seeing it for the historical value; I don't recall it being what I'd call "entertaining."

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Paquita

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2008, 12:59:30 AM »

I gave in and watched Christmas Evil, and there was nothing "icky" going on really, although the sexy pantyhosed leg part made me a little uncomfortable.  It should have been at least a little bit funny given the title, but it wasn't, it kind of ruined Christmas a little bit for me.  I think I need to watch Santa With Muscles (also now available for free on demand) to save Christmas.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2008, 09:53:11 AM »

Iv'e only seen a three of those listed-
LAST HOUSE on the LEFT-Very sadistic,and much more disturbing than junk like SAW or HOSTEL (hated both).LAST HOUSE is a classic horror film because, well, it horrifies.

The PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS-Goofy fun,time waster.

The SERPENT and the RAINBOW-A good movie...but not something I would watch more than twice.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2008, 02:20:50 PM »

I watched last night

The Cheerleader's Beach Party- Dear God I think my brain hemmoraged.

The Bikini Shop- WOOO!

Yes, salad.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2008, 02:29:36 PM »

What is the non-sexual interpretation of Santa kissing a panythosed leg?  Did she accidentally spill some eggnog down there and he's just making sure it doesn't go to waste?

Maybe she tripped and he was trying to make it better.  TeddyR

Yes, salad.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2008, 08:21:20 PM »

I watched last night

The Bikini Shop- WOOO!

Were these on On Demand (free)?  If so, what channel?  I suspect it's something I don't get, but I have found free stuff hidden in unexpected locations.

I think you have all convinced me to see LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT.  It's free until 1/31, so no hurry. 

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2008, 11:58:03 PM »

I watched last night

The Bikini Shop- WOOO!

Were these on On Demand (free)?  If so, what channel?  I suspect it's something I don't get, but I have found free stuff hidden in unexpected locations.

I think you have all convinced me to see LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT.  It's free until 1/31, so no hurry. 

They were in the free movies section, just look for them in the comedy screen.

Yes, salad.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 01:25:15 PM »

I watched last night

The Bikini Shop- WOOO!

I'd love to find them, but I fear they're not available on my system.  What channel sponsored them?  When I look under free movies, they are categorized by channel, not genre.  So I only see offerings from TMC, FearNet, Sundance, IFC and a few others.  If I look under comedy movies I only see pay offerings.   Bluesad

I'm going to watch ADAPTATION tonight, even though no one recommended it.

schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 03:02:58 PM »

Wonder why Adaptation is in this list?

It's OK. Chris Cooper is great, and really different from other much more straight-laced roles you might have seen ("American Beauty" for instance).

It's based, sort of, on a book called "The Orchid Thief". It tells the story of a writer who is struggling with trying to adapt "The Orchid Thief", and how he ends up with a story which is very different from the book. I always suspected that that much was truthful: that Charlie Kaufman (who wrote himself into the screenplay) couldn't figure out how to adapt this book.

It will mess with your mind trying to figure out what else is truthful though.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2008, 07:13:24 PM »

I watched last night

The Bikini Shop- WOOO!

I'd love to find them, but I fear they're not available on my system.  What channel sponsored them?  When I look under free movies, they are categorized by channel, not genre.  So I only see offerings from TMC, FearNet, Sundance, IFC and a few others.  If I look under comedy movies I only see pay offerings.   Bluesad

I'm going to watch ADAPTATION tonight, even though no one recommended it.

Both were presented by Impact, that's all that I saw as a sponsor.

Yes, salad.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2008, 07:22:38 PM »

Dang!  Never heard of Impact, probably not on my cable system, as I feared.  And I could really use a good bikini/cheerleader movie right about now, too.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2008, 07:25:57 PM »

Dang!  Never heard of Impact, probably not on my cable system, as I feared.  And I could really use a good bikini/cheerleader movie right about now, too.

I didn't hear about it until I watched these movies either so I'm not sure if it's an actual station.

Yes, salad.
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2008, 11:52:45 PM »

If you havent seen it, I believe Angel Heart may still be on demand. Its one I definately recommend, especially if you have an appreciation for both horror and film noir.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which of these free on-demand movies have you seen? Should I watch them? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.