Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:22:36 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Weird cricket/frog noises? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Weird cricket/frog noises?  (Read 15683 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« on: December 06, 2008, 08:58:02 AM »

Just a small question, by no means a problem.

Is it that "Fiesta MMORPG" banner that keeps making those noises on the site? I had my speakers on loud and it scared me to death the first time I heard it!  BounceGiggle

Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 07:25:38 PM »

It the ad popping up here on the forums or elsewhere on the site?  How often are you seeing it?  I try to avoid ads with audio, especially any that are not user initiated.  I just need any help you can give me tracking it down. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 07:28:13 PM »

I think it is that one, it appears quite often Andrew. The one with the elfen guy and that small hooded fella, advertsising some online game.

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 08:55:46 PM »

I just haven't been able to find the ad you mention.  Are you seeing it on the forum?  On other pages?  Both?  The reason I ask is that some networks only run on the forum, others only on the rest of the site.  Knowing where you are seeing it could help to track it down.

The other problem is that some ads are geo-targeted.  If they are aimed at where you are, vice were I am, then I will not see them even when previewing.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 08:59:22 PM »

It's on all the boards Andrew, the main page and everything else. I either get some neighbour works ad, hesperian banner or smokey the bear. Then, this froggy one pops up, always when it shows the banner for this MMPORG online game thingy.

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 09:17:38 PM »

This is strange, because I absolutely cannot find this ad on any of the networks.  That does happen sometimes, but it is unusual.  It's especially unusual if you are getting that ad both on the forum and on the site's front page.

Due to your location, it could be a geo-targeted ad that I will not be able to see from my location in the US.  The other possibility is adware on your computer that is injecting it.  I cannot give you a good idea which is the case, and don't want to cause you false alarm.  If there is someone else with a computer in your area and they can find the same banner - then the ad is probably coming from one of the site's ad networks.  However, if they do not get the same ad then adware could be to blame.

Some research about that company (Outspark in the US, Gamigo in the EU) indicates that they would not use adware to push their game.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 09:18:47 PM »

I can live with it Andrew, I just wondered what the heck it was originally  BounceGiggle

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 05:14:27 PM »

It looks like a version of this:

I'm now getting it every time on the main board and on all the other threads all the time. It's like two or 3 at the same time and I can't switch the sound off when I right click on the banners.  Bluesad

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 06:10:28 PM »

The banner you are seeing is a leaderboard?  It would be near the top of the page, spanning most of the top of the page.

You are only seeing it on the forum?  Anything inside of:

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/

Are you also getting it on the site's frontpage?  Here:

http://www.badmovies.org

Is anyone else seeing a banner like this?  It would be aimed at UK readers, more than likely.   US would not see it.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 12:44:54 PM »

frontpage, forum and all the boards.  Bluesad

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 12:50:25 PM »

Circus, I think that you might have adware on your computer.  This is not certain, but it is the most likely cause.  I have not received any other reports of the ad you mention, and cannot find it at all in any of the site's ad networks.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 08:54:08 PM »

I also, from time to time, hear the frogs...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 11:06:14 PM »

Are you able to associate the sounds with the banner that Circus mentioned?  One of the possibilities is that it is a geo-targeted ad, and it will just never be displayed for me.  One of the ad networks that I use tends to have a blind spot in that not EVERY ad banner that is run on the site comes up in the publisher interface.  They tend to run quality ads that behave themselves (no auto initiated sounds) which is why they have not been a big problem.

However, when Circus was describing the problem I pulled all the networks off the forum except for Google.  Google is the one that I have a huge blind spot to what they are running - a limitation of the ad interface that I do not know a way around. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 07:01:07 AM »

I also have heard it. I could not track down which webpage it was coming from but it got rather annoying.

I have seen the ad before but only once or twice. Will have to keep an eye out for it.

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 11:33:01 AM »

They have gone  Smile

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Weird cricket/frog noises? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.