Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:55:12 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A bit chilly tonight « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: A bit chilly tonight  (Read 9701 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2008, 08:43:49 PM »

Currently it is 26 F here, with 26 mph gusting winds that make the wind chill 12 F.  The wind makes the cold bite into you.  I know, I have been outside in it, but warmly bundled.  Still, tonight is going to be a bit colder than last night.  We've got the fireplace going full, two extra space heaters (the heated oil radiator kind) that we borrowed from family to add some more heat, and the kids all have on warm jammies and three layers of blankets.  It was 53 F in here a bit ago.  Don't think we'll move much from there.

Should be getting a call early in the morning to schedule the repair.  These things always have to happen at the beginning of the weekend.  Murphy is a 400 lb sadistic gorilla who likes to perch on your back.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2008, 08:58:45 PM »

These things always have to happen at the beginning of the weekend.  Murphy is a 400 lb sadistic gorilla who likes to perch on your back.
We had our heater crap out one year during one of the biggest snowstorms.  It was on the weekend but luckily they had a guy on call.  You're right about the weekend thing on all levels.  Seems kid's illnesses all creep in on Saturday mornings especially. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Torgo

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 12:41:53 AM »

It was really cold in Roanoke VA today (Sunday).  It only got up into the low 30's and we had really gusty winds on top of that.

But it's supposed to get a bit warmer as the week goes on. We're supposed to be in the low 50's around this time of year but it's been below normal temp wise for the last half of November and so far in December.

It's 22 degrees at the moment.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 04:50:03 AM »

I'm going to make you all hate me a little.  Lookingup

It's 32 degrees celsius here right now ~ I think that's something around 90 degrees Fahrenheit.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 08:42:50 AM »

Its currently a toasty 15 degrees outside.  Seem the NE is getting spanked this morning weather wise  The door was frozen shut so I had to shoulder tackle it to open it.  Not sure why but its supposed to be near 60 in a few days.   Question

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 12:09:59 PM »

I checked the maintenance manual.

Blaspheme! You're not supposed to even TOUCH that thing unless it's a life-or-death situation. Since we're talking about a furnace, you're supposed to BURN the manual to keep warm LONG before you actually read it.
While you're at it, you should 'Tim Allen' that thing so it either puts out more heat or does something else cool like brew beer or double as a barbecue.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
dean

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2008, 03:18:39 AM »

I'm going to make you all hate me a little.  Lookingup

It's 32 degrees celsius here right now ~ I think that's something around 90 degrees Fahrenheit.

Hooray for the Southern Hemisphere!  Summer is coming!  Thumbup

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 12:18:19 PM »

Did you get your heater fixed? What was it a thermocouple?

It going to be 60F here today, haven't had any snow but a couple of cold day. We're in a micro-climate that allows use to stay warmer than the surrounding areas. 

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 12:22:59 PM »

The heater and air repairman finally got to us about 1600 on that Monday.  It burned out Saturday, but I wasn't willing to pay for a weekend visit, since that was twice the rate on everything.  on Tuesday it was 60-something here, and it's been not as cold ever since.  Darn you, Murphy!

It was the igniter element.  It had burnt through.  Once they replaced that it was all good.  I paid attention to how and where the part was replaced.  Pretty easy once you know where it is at and how to get to it.  Since I bet those burn out every few years, I should be able to fix the issue next time. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Doctor Menard
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 01:38:25 PM »

...finally got to us about 1600 on that Monday.

Lookingup
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 04:11:23 PM »

Show a few grams of respect, there, Menard.

(That Menard.  Give him a centimeter and he takes a kilometer.)

It's in the twenties here in western Washington.  Drizzing snow that won't stick.  But in terms of the cold that bites, western Michigan is cold, cold.  I've only been one colder place, and that was indeed in western Alaska -- I was in Bethel and in Hooper Bay in February one year.  I don't know what temperature it was in Bethel on the coldest day, but it was something like -15 F, add about -30 to -50 for the wind.   I have seldom been in cold that I thought a person could readily die from -- but that was killing cold.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 05:09:39 PM »

Show a few grams of respect, there, Menard.

(That Menard.  Give him a centimeter and he takes a kilometer.)

It's in the twenties here in western Washington.  Drizzing snow that won't stick.  But in terms of the cold that bites, western Michigan is cold, cold.  I've only been one colder place, and that was indeed in western Alaska -- I was in Bethel and in Hooper Bay in February one year.  I don't know what temperature it was in Bethel on the coldest day, but it was something like -15 F, add about -30 to -50 for the wind.   I have seldom been in cold that I thought a person could readily die from -- but that was killing cold.

Lol, you've been to Bethel? Sorry to hear that, what did you do to deserve that?  BounceGiggle
Bethel is a weird town, it's a (or was when I was there) dry town (no alcohol), and the sewer pipes are above ground  Question. There's a landfill nearby where the wind often blows the thrash out of it and back into town. The rental car we got at the airport had a fender and a door of a different color than the rest of the car, a bashed-in taillight, two of the doors wouldn't open, and the driver's seat was locked as far forward as it could be, enough so that we had to make the shortest guy in the crew the driver.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 10:15:42 AM »

Lovely day here in SE Minnesota.  -1 F and -21 windchill.  The sun's out though  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 10:40:15 AM »

The heater and air repairman finally got to us about 1600 on that Monday.  It burned out Saturday, but I wasn't willing to pay for a weekend visit, since that was twice the rate on everything.  on Tuesday it was 60-something here, and it's been not as cold ever since.  Darn you, Murphy!

It was the igniter element.  It had burnt through.  Once they replaced that it was all good.  I paid attention to how and where the part was replaced.  Pretty easy once you know where it is at and how to get to it.  Since I bet those burn out every few years, I should be able to fix the issue next time. 

Yeah the do go out ever few years and the repair guy will charge you anything between $100 to $200 to change it out ion many cases. Depending on the type. Units with a pilots on them the thermocouple will burn out every few years and have to be replaced both are cheap fixes ($20) that a HVAC guy will charge out the wazoo for.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A bit chilly tonight « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.