Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:46:30 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dr. Butcher M.D. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dr. Butcher M.D.  (Read 16518 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 03, 2006, 11:47:27 PM »

Reader review by Warren H.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 11:51:40 PM »

It could have been better, a lot better. I don't see where the reviewer comes off as describing Ian McCulloch as beer-bellied. The so-called zombies in the movie are more appropriately automatons (Frankenstein's monster) and not undead as they are killed by the cannibals. The so-called uncut version only includes scenes at the beginning of the film which were removed to reduce the running time; the gore content of both cuts is the same and I prefer the Doctor Butcher M.D. version over the Zombie Holocaust version as it moves along better in the early stages of the film without losing any of the story. I get the impression that the reviewer did not pay that much attention to the movie they were reviewing, and, if they did, they should go back and do it again.
akiratubo

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 01:31:13 AM »

I own a copy and have watched it many times, thank you very much.  My enjoyment and opinion of the movie have not lessened at all.  It's great from beginning to end.

Ian McCulloch does have a gut in this movie, especially compared to the way he was only a few years earlier in "Zombie".  His character is such an a***ole, I love it.  "Bury your friend and be quick about it!" bwahaha

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Menard
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 06:28:44 AM »

There was only one year between the making of Doctor Butcher M.D. and Zombie; they actually used some of the same set. Not only am I puzzled by the perception that Ian McCulloch has a beer belly in this one, by why even dwell on it (multiple times) if he did.

As for the movie, it is thoroughly enjoyable for multiple viewings. Even though I would choose Zombie as my favorite zombie movie, Doctor Butcher M.D. is just right behind it.

As I have put it in statements and reviews about this film before; in what other movie can you find zombies, cannibals, a mad doctor, Alexandra Delli Colli getting body painted, a mannequin leaping to its death, and in a tropical locale? It is bad, it is good, it is gory, and fun is to be had all the way through.
Torgo

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 11:31:20 PM »

I like the extra (and completely unrelated) scenes that were put on the American version.

The grave stone that has the name Snuff Maximus on it has always been a personal favorite of mine.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Eric11384
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 04:44:24 AM »

I have tertiary syphilis.

Bluesad
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 04:12:56 AM »

I bought this a few years ago and it was entitled Zombie Cannibal Holocaust: all in all, not a bad movie with some good makeup effects. That propeller to the face...... yikes!  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dr. Butcher M.D. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.