Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:14:38 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Punisher! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Punisher!  (Read 1963 times)
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 08, 2008, 02:01:14 PM »

Finally!!! A good Punisher movie!! It wasn't just an improvement over the last two versions of the Punisher, it was a good movie. The action was great. There's a hilarious scene with a rocket launcher that I won't ruin for anyone, but you'll know it when you see it. The acting was actually pretty decent. Jigsaw and his brother Looney Bin Jim were maybe a bit over the top at times if you are looking for a very real world type Punisher, but I thought they added to the fun. And they were much better villains than John Travolta.
  The best part was that they really nailed the Punisher. He looked and acted just they way you'd expect him to look and act. He came across as much more of a hard ass than in the previous movies. This is a guy you wouldn't want to mess with. And he couldn't stop killing criminals. They were like Jay's potato chips, he couldn't stop at just one.
  It's not in the same category as Iron Man, Dark Knight or the Hulk but it's still a good, solid comic book movie that more than earns its R rating. I'm really glad they went with the R rating. It added the punch that a movie like this needs.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Rat-Bat-Spider
Dedicated Viewer

ICE to meet you!

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 06:04:40 PM »

What a great b-movie! The latest and greatest action b-movie to hit the theaters in a while (since the latest Rambo). Ray Stevenson is excellent as Frank Castle (he is intimidating as hell! The guy's dad must have been an Ent, 'cuz he is huge!) Jigsaw is a totally hokey villain (imagine a Kevin Bacon facsimile being turned into delicious sushi, then being pieced back together again), but it's okay, because it adds to the crap-gasm that builds through the whole movie, so that by the time the movie is over (the movie has one of the best last lines), BAM!, you cream your pants in embarrassingly-awful film ecstasy. Go see it, everyone! Why not? The worst that will happen is that you'll feel like you wasted eight bucks (When I saw Gigli in theaters, I felt like had wasted my entire life). It comes highly recommended by me and Hammock Rider. By not seeing it, the only person you're punishing (HA-HA-HA-HA!) is yourself.

www.cinematronica.wordpress.com
A movie review every day for an entire year. Can he handle it? Can YOU handle it?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Punisher! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.