Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:26:12 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Dark Knight and Traitor = « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Dark Knight and Traitor =  (Read 3307 times)
sippiecup
Dedicated Viewer

« on: December 08, 2008, 03:47:35 PM »

the best two weeks of DVD releases all year!

TDK - 12.09.08
Traitor - 12.19.08

notice the release date similarities between the awesomeness!!!! hot

"I am so brilliant I am practically retarded!!!!"
Rat-Bat-Spider
Dedicated Viewer

ICE to meet you!

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 08:33:43 AM »

I'm getting The Dark Knight as soon as I get home from work today. I think its his best movie since his first, Following. That movie should be Blu-Ray heaven (thank goodness I sprang for one on Black Friday!). Traitor will also be a must-own for the ol' personal collection. I thought the director (Jeffrey Nachmanoff) and exec producer Steve Martin (?) really did a smash-up job on this movie. And while Cheadle is not my favorite actor by any means, he performs well and puts you into the drama.

Oh, and has anyone else noticed how bat-s**t crazy Christmas day is going to be? Look how many movies are coming out! I'm checking out Valkyrie, insane Tom Cruise or not.

www.cinematronica.wordpress.com
A movie review every day for an entire year. Can he handle it? Can YOU handle it?
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 01:59:27 PM »

I think The Dark Knight is a great big mess of a movie.  Ledger and Eckhart were very good as The Joker and Two-Face, though, which goes a long way toward making it worthwhile.

Never even heard of Traitor.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 09:28:08 AM »

I think The Dark Knight is a great big mess of a movie.  Ledger and Eckhart were very good as The Joker and Two-Face, though, which goes a long way toward making it worthwhile.
Funny you mention this.  I received TDK yesterday and starting watching it.  Slowly but surely I found myself bored in several parts.  Too much time (more than I thought initially) is wasted on Harvey Dent/Bruce Wayne/Rachel.  Eventually I ended up fast forwarding to the parts with The Joker in it.  I think I am coming to the sad realization (and I know this is a sacrilege) that the film may be a bit overrated...at least in my eyes.  That and I'm noticing certain plot flaws now that I didn't think of before.  For example, Batman blowing up random cars to get by.  Don't get me wrong, TDK is still a good film but it seems to lack the second time around for me. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 02:14:32 PM »

I think I am coming to the sad realization (and I know this is a sacrilege) that the film may be a bit overrated...at least in my eyes.

Ha!  It's more than a "bit" overrated, buddy.  It's not awful but the "plot" sure as hell needed more focus.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 09:19:21 PM »

Never even heard of Traitor.
Batman as a character was very underdeveloped in this movie, when compared to Joker/Two-Face.  Then again, that's what Batman Begins was for.  Overall, Ledger and Eckhart carried the movie, as it sure as hell wasn't Bale. 

And sadly, the end left me wanting more of Harvey, and apparently as of right now, he's unconfirmed for the sequel. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Dark Knight and Traitor = « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.