Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:52:19 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  "Combat Football"? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Combat Football"?  (Read 10225 times)
NitroPress
New Visitor

N-N-New from Zik-Zak!

« on: December 08, 2008, 07:30:43 PM »

Man, I can usually tease supermodels' home phone numbers out of IMDb, but I've tried everything and have run dry on this one.

I remember seeing ads for this movie around 1978, plus or minus a few years. It showed a football action scene, but one player was holding a rifle aloft. I am almost certain the title was "Combat Football," and the cutline was "When the game gets tough... they give the quarterback a RIFLE!"

I have searched, cross-searched, fuzzy-searched... no dice. Does anyone else remember this movie, or was I just in a hallucinatory pocket at the time?
Dave M
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:29:56 PM »

That sounds a little like a video game.
NitroPress
New Visitor

N-N-New from Zik-Zak!

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 12:21:08 AM »

This was BVG - before video games. Mostly. :)
Skull
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 11:11:40 PM »

This was BVG - before video games. Mostly. :)

I'm not quite sure but it sounds like a Rollerball ripoff but I dont recall hearing of any such movie. I also think most italian/Europe post apocalyptic movies of 1970's would not include "American Football" in its theme.

But I really think it might be a Lampoon films of the 1970's like American Raspberry (which I'd seen under the title called Prime Time), Amazon Women on the Moon (but its from the 1980's) or the others (sorry I have not seen them but I'll list them for you) The Groove Tube, Tunnel Vision, The Kentucky Fried Movie.

or even something from SNL/SCTV...

It does sound like a Lampoon trailer...

Wish you luck in finding it... :)

PS... I dont recall seeing this in American Raspberry, but there is a scene where two men gather their hunting gear, walked up a tower and started to shoot at the students....
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 11:17:05 PM by Skull » Logged
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 11:58:18 PM »

I think Skull's right. Most likely a "coming soon" fake preview from a sketch comedy flick.
Unfortunately, there are many to choose from.

To add to Skull's list:
Cracking Up (1977)
American Tickler (1977)
Loose Shoes (1980)
The Sex O'Clock News (1984)
NitroPress
New Visitor

N-N-New from Zik-Zak!

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 01:43:26 AM »

That might be it, but I have some dim recollection of seeing it in a newspaper ad. I might be confused and have seen in, say, in the back pages of NatLamp.

But damn, I have it marked down as real. My brain must be rotting in spots.
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 09:00:21 AM »

Resurrection time: Could the movie have been THE LAST MATCH (1990)?
http://www.elitisti.net/arvostelu/2011/08/002451/lultima_partita_1990_kunnian_koitos.html
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099984/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  "Combat Football"? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.