Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:46:35 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Best freinds.... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Best freinds....  (Read 5815 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: December 10, 2008, 07:30:07 PM »

I went up to see Tara Sue today. She's so ill she could barley speak. Her skin is yellow. The doctors give her a few days. I bawled after I left the room.

I went home and laid on the coach and covered my head with a blanket and fell asleep.

About half an hour ago the phone rang. It was Ash. He asked me if I had checked my mail. I went to check it and there's a big box on the front porch...heavy too!

I'ts full of books,comics,dvd's,tapes,cards...from all my freinds at BAD movies.

I'm crying again now. For once...I don't no what to say.  You guys are my family. I love you all.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 08:31:43 PM »

As you are a friend to everyone here RC and well loved too.   The fact we all eagerly pitched in for this surprise shows the positive effect you've had on all our lives.  You're a special guy, don't ever forget that my friend no matter how dark times get.  As for Tara Sue, I'm sure nothing I can say will comfort you but know you can turn to your family here. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 09:37:49 PM »

Right back at ya, big guy.  Wish there was something we could do for Tara Sue, but all we can do is try to be there for you. 

After Andrew, I think you're the heart and soul of badmovies.org.  I imagine the next few days and weeks will be tough for you, but you can always turn to us and we'll try to help however we can.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 12:08:31 AM »

We're here for you, man.  You're in my prayers, and Tara Sue too.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 06:56:47 AM »

Glad I could help.   Smile

Like I told you on the phone, I set it up to help you out because you need it.
If there was any one person that I know of that needed some serious help, it was you, dude.

We raised the cash, movies, comic books and magazines in just over 3 weeks.

Have you watched any of the DVD's or VHS tapes we sent you?
Take that $300 and put it to good use.  I know it isn't a whole lot of money, but hopefully it'll make your life a little bit easier.   Thumbup
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 07:58:11 AM »

I've been through watching loved ones wither away and it breaks my heart to know you're going through this with Tara Sue.  We are standing by for you my friend.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 08:44:53 AM »

Smile I'm putting a smiley on this as I cried this morning, after reading RC's post. I was crying sitting in front of my PC. The last time I cried like that was when my Dad passed away.  Bluesad

I also cried because I was unable to contribute in any way at this time and I feel ashamed that I couldn't, as my financial situation doesn't even allow me to send a card to RC. Bluesad

However, the one thing that has kept me going throughout this day (it's 15h35 here in the afternoon, the rain is gone and the sun is out again) is the fact that the family ~ note I wrote family, because that is what the people on this website are ~ are a bunch of truly wonderful people who, although we may disagree on the finer points of why Uwe Boll should or should not make another movie or why Manos didn't get an Oscar for something or other  Smile, genuinely care for one another.

I witnessed that caring when my Dad passed on and I am witnessing it now.

RC ~ warm hugs to you, my friend: you and Tara-Sue are in my thoughts and in my heart. God bless you both.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 08:47:49 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 03:11:03 PM »

Hang in there RC, and if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask, We're all thinking about you and Tara Sue.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 03:38:20 PM »

With love, Bela

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 03:41:38 PM »

Virtual group hug!  Smile

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 06:17:08 PM »

All the best man. Wish I could've done more.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Raffine

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 06:30:13 PM »

I know it's a dark time for you and your family but hopefully our little effort here can brighten your days a bit.

My thoughts to you and Tara Sue.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 06:52:12 PM »

Smile I'm putting a smiley on this as I cried this morning, after reading RC's post. I was crying sitting in front of my PC. The last time I cried like that was when my Dad passed away.  Bluesad

I also cried because I was unable to contribute in any way at this time and I feel ashamed that I couldn't, as my financial situation doesn't even allow me to send a card to RC. Bluesad

However, the one thing that has kept me going throughout this day (it's 15h35 here in the afternoon, the rain is gone and the sun is out again) is the fact that the family ~ note I wrote family, because that is what the people on this website are ~ are a bunch of truly wonderful people who, although we may disagree on the finer points of why Uwe Boll should or should not make another movie or why Manos didn't get an Oscar for something or other  Smile, genuinely care for one another.

I witnessed that caring when my Dad passed on and I am witnessing it now.

RC ~ warm hugs to you, my friend: you and Tara-Sue are in my thoughts and in my heart. God bless you both.

At the risk of sounding syrupey...the best gift I have gotton from ALL of you on this board is freindship. I am blessed to have such freinds. (sniff...) Geez...I get so emotional easily. Does that make me an "emo"? I hope not! Bullies will pick on me and I'll have to go all psycho on them....

I was reading a folder that was sent in the box...it had all the threads printed out that I missed. Among them was a thread titled "Does GOD exist."  Just as I believe in ufo's,alien life,ghosts,and many other things that can't,and may never be "proven," I believe in God. And like ufo's and spooks...I have not a clue to what it is...just that I myself believe all things are possible;that everything inaginable could happen,may happen,or have happened. I think EVERYTHING is part of  some kind of cosmic organic
chain reaction. It's a universal oneness that consists of domino effect interaction. Read Charles Fort...he describes it better than I can. What does this have to do with what I was saying earlier? Uh...I dunno. But it somehow connects.
  Ok...I'll shut up now...I'm begining to sound like some kinda New Age hippy dippy...(yikes!)
So when I say God bless you all...(and I don't use the "G" word very often) I really mean it.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 07:43:53 PM »

I'm sorry that I was unable to contribute to your surprise box, however please know that you and Tara Sue are in my thoughts. I hope that things are better for you in 2009; keep your head up...

best of luck
Grace

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Doctor Menard
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 08:52:51 PM »

Virtual group hug!  Smile

Okay...but get your hand off my ass. TongueOut

Sorry...

...old habit of mine to use an ice breaker to butt into a conversation.

I have been trying to think of something to say since you first started this thread, Ronnie, and yet, words escape me.

You and Tara Sue have been on my mind today. It's been quite an emotional day. Much more so for you and Tara Sue.

It is amazing how people can reach across span of miles, the valleys, highways, cities, oceans, and billions of people, and affect one another so intrinsically.

You have done that with us. Across this planet, among the different states and countries, you are in the thoughts of many; and many tears are genuinely being shed. That is the marque of someone very worthwhile, and don't you ever doubt that or forget that; we won't let you forget.

For a post that is not very long, especially for me, it has taken a while just to write this bit. Between sentences, I have been walking, well as far as one can walk in a small place, to think of the next thing to say while letting my inner woman come out (I call her...Andrew...or was that Andrea) momentarily and having an emotional moment.

I have never met you outside of this forum, or even spoken to you on the phone (though Ash does an impersonation of you...so I'll consider that second hand), but you are someone I do consider a friend; someone I look forward to seeing on here.

Perhaps, someday, several of us can meet (at Andrew's expense). I'll be the one wearing a black ski mask...

...I'll look like this:

I'm back...Andrew had to come out again; Andrew cries a lot.

We all love you buddy. You give Tara Sue a kiss from all of us, and hold onto her; across the miles, we'll all be holding you.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Best freinds.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.