Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:57:25 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The worst "Well-made" movies ever « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The worst "Well-made" movies ever  (Read 11633 times)
Jape
Dedicated Viewer

Van Dammit!

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 05:19:01 AM »

Batman sounded like he smoked 4 packs a day

BounceGiggle TeddyR BounceGiggle TeddyR

I love DKR, saw it three times in the cinema me and my friends went Batman crazy for about a month around its release, the most OTT and fanboyish I've ever been over a film yet when Batman speaks.... I couldn't help laughing.

Apparently Bale was pretty unhappy with it, because the post-production team dropped his voice a tad to make him seem 'manacing', though really he's just comes off weezy.

Still I'm easy to please, if that film had just been Batman & Robin 2.0 but with the 'disappearing pencil' scene I would have still walked out with a smile on my face  Drink

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday".
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 09:42:34 AM »

Ok, I agree with you on Batman's voice, hehe.  That's about the only thing that irritated me about TDK.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 10:41:01 AM »

If you're going to mention Catwoman, then I must put forward....Daredevil & Elektra.  Buggedout

Sweeney Todd: I went to the cinema with my girlfriend at the time and she had to wake me up halfway through! We both went not knowing it was a musical, you know it's Tim Burton, so it will be good? ...And you know what chicks are like when it comes to Johnny D?  Lookingup It looked good, big budget, had Burton's stank all over it, but was the most boring film I have ever seen. Possibly the worst musical of all time too, as the songs are painful! I was very familiar with the Sweeney Todd story and other adaptations of it, which looking back now are superior to this tripe (IMO). Even though the film was sooooo long, it seemed like hardly anything happened at all. My breakdown;

- Sweeney gets off ship, sings about his wife and child
- Sweeney meets Mrs. Lovett, more cockney singing
- Mrs. Lovett makes pies.....whilst singing
- Sweeney opens barber shop.....sings about shaving facial hair
- Some boy pines after some girl.....more singing
- Lots of throats get cut, pies, broody stares......more singing
- The end

D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 10:49:34 AM »

i feel like I'm the only person in the world who liked Sweeny Todd.  I've always loved the musical, and the movie is good on it's own, even though there's a lot of cuts in the music which makes it stumble just a little. 

Also, Stephen Sondheim doesn't write songs to be memorable or "catchy" like Rodgers and Hammerstein.  He uses them as a device to move the plot along, almost like in an Opera.  But I guess, in this age of Disney musicals, recycled tripe from popular movies and ABBA songs, and in an age where anything with singing is considered "gay", there's no place for this kind of musical anymore. 
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 10:58:44 AM »

Teknolust - good production values, talented actors, but it SUUUUUUUUUUCKS!  Currently, it is the worst movie I have ever seen.

Kill Bill - awful, awful movie.  Complete waste of money (as in the budget to make it and the money I spent for a ticket).

Alien - One good character, one cool monster, but the movie is deadly boring.

Gladiator - I personally consider gladiatorial combat to be one of the most horrific and disgusting aspects of Roman culture.  I thought the movie would be along the same vein.  No, we're supposed to be enjoying the spectacle of these people kidnapped from their homes and sent to their deaths.  Then it ends with Maximus declaring himself Emperor and commanding everyone to, basically, make everything nice and happy.  WTF?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 11:15:13 AM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 11:24:31 AM »

Wow!  Buggedout What's happening to people on this forum all of a sudden? I' glad The DarkSider decided to bring up the topic on fanboys as it seems very relevant to me at this moment in time.

I've made quite a few posts in the past two days that have been unfairly criticized and had people (not naming names) resort to using immature names to judge me and question my intelligence. I've been branded "narrow minded", "stupid" and been practically accused of being some kind of disease of my generation. All this for giving my opinion, which I'm entitled to, everyone on here is. Yet, there are some who take personal offense to my "opinion". When I post my views on a topic I don't expect anybody to change theirs or accept it, but I damn well don't try to call somebody out about it.....it's only a movie at the end of the day!

I'm 22 years old, alot of people should be glad I'm not a quick-binge, mainstream sheep. Yes, I'm not a fan of musicals, but I never said all musicals are bad or name-call a single poster for liking that genre. I don't like CGI, yet I didn't go out of my way to push my views onto anybody or act in an immature manner. I accept what others post, I enjoy reading different perspectives on a variety of subjects, agree or disagree. It's just text on a screen, get over it!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 11:31:42 AM by Circus_Circus » Logged

D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 11:35:23 AM »

I'm sorry if I offended you, Circus.  I just get a little worked up about some things.  I've just been called a "theater fag", a "fanboy", and other ugly things by people for pretty much my entire life, so I tend to jump to conclusions sometimes, and go into kind of a fight-or-flight mode whenever I see any hint of that anywhere. 

I'm not gay, but I have a lot of gay friends, who I adore. and in this, the age of Prop. 8, and Fred Phelps, I can sometimes jump to defend them a little too quickly, because I assume too much of people who I perceive as bashing musicals, or other similar things.

I've cooled off now, and I can see how I'm in the wrong here.  Again, I apologize for making too many assumptions about you, too quickly, circus.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 11:42:15 AM »

I'm sorry if I offended you, Circus.  I just get a little worked up about some things.  I've just been called a "theater fag", a "fanboy", and other ugly things by people for pretty much my entire life, so I tend to jump to conclusions sometimes, and go into kind of a fight-or-flight mode whenever I see any hint of that anywhere. 

I'm not gay, but I have a lot of gay friends, who I adore. and in this, the age of Prop. 8, and Fred Phelps, I can sometimes jump to defend them a little too quickly, because I assume too much of people who I perceive as bashing musicals, or other similar things.

I've cooled off now, and I can see how I'm in the wrong here.  Again, I apologize for making too many assumptions about you, too quickly, circus.

Thankyou D-Man, I apologise to you also. I've had a few issues with certain topics that I have held back from on the forum. So, some irritation within me has been brewing for quite a while. I needed to vent.  Smile

D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 11:45:38 AM »

Thankyou D-Man, I apologise to you also. I've had a few issues with certain topics that I have held back from on the forum. So, some irritation within me has been brewing for quite a while. I needed to vent.  Smile

Sure.  I understand that perfectly.   Smile
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 11:50:45 AM »

Transformers.
How can a film about giant robots from outer space be so boring ?

AVP R
Still haven't got all the way through it.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 12:02:48 PM »

Transformers.
How can a film about giant robots from outer space be so boring ?

AVP R
Still haven't got all the way through it.

Transformers:  The Answer is simple...it was all about the humans.  I understand the need to make a Transformers movie that the GP can relate to, but they could have dedicated just a little more screen time to the robots without ruining the whole thing.

AVP Requiem: This was the first time I was burned by the hype of a Red-Band trailer (The second time was Punisher: War Zone).  I will never trust an Ultra-violent movie released in December again.  They took a great concept, and really screwed it up.  Before the first one was even made, David Giler  said that an AVP film would be too much like Godzilla VS King Kong, and boy he was right. 
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 12:43:15 PM »

D-man, I couldn't even see what was going on in AVP R it was so dark. I feel cheated.
It was a monster movie where you couldn't see the monster!!!
What's the point ?

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Jape
Dedicated Viewer

Van Dammit!

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 06:33:05 PM »

i feel like I'm the only person in the world who liked Sweeny Todd.  I've always loved the musical, and the movie is good on it's own, even though there's a lot of cuts in the music which makes it stumble just a little. 

Also, Stephen Sondheim doesn't write songs to be memorable or "catchy" like Rodgers and Hammerstein.  He uses them as a device to move the plot along, almost like in an Opera.

You're not alone, I love Daemon-Barber of Fleet Street. I didn't know anything of the musical and it took me the first few songs to 'get' the operatic style but I loved it because it was unique to musical films, ie the songs weren't an odd diversion which a lot of the time I think slows down the plot, but in Todd as you said, moves it along and is naturally part of it. Plus the horror element is full on grizzly, I was shocked because i have to admit knowing it was a musical I did expect it to be soft, but when the first body falls through the trapdoor and you hear the bones snap I winced. Better on a visceral level than any modern straight horror I've seen in a while.

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday".
Skull
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 11:29:06 PM »

The English Patient... The most boring film ever made and it won oscars, too... that makes it the worst "well-made" movie ever... :)
akiratubo

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008, 01:33:17 AM »

The English Patient... The most boring film ever made and it won oscars, too... that makes it the worst "well-made" movie ever... :)

Ouch.  I forgot about that one.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The worst "Well-made" movies ever « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.