Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:17:02 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  gummi bears « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: gummi bears  (Read 6169 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: December 16, 2008, 10:43:33 AM »

My niece and nephew loved the dungeons and dragons boxed set I got them last year  but have apparently gotten through it.

So I figure might as well get the next best thing:  the gummi bears boxed set?  anyone remember this show?  like dungeons and dragons, it was a saturday morning cartoon that had some decent stories and some care put into it and unlike 90% of the junk that they made.  toady, duke igthorn and later, gusto,  gummi potion or something that made them jump, medieval themes..

Small | Large

^japanese version
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 10:50:07 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
JJ80
Nutter Magnet
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 10:49:09 AM »

I remember "Gummi Bears" being shown on ITV here on Sunday mornings during the Eighties. It was a well made, very watchable and entertaining little show. I've actually still got the damn "Gummi Bears, Jumping here and there and everywhere!" theme tune stuck in my head to this day!

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:51:12 AM »

high adventure that's beyond compare.

I guess Smurfs is kind of in this catagory too
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 11:01:19 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 11:00:43 AM »

Wasn't there a show called "The Snorks" on at about the same time as this, like an underwater version of "The Smurfs" only not as enjoyable?

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 11:03:25 AM »

there were literally hundreds of  shows that copied the smurfs, including the gummi bears to an extent.  the shirt tales was pretty low on the totem poll. 

the snorks, all star see worthy was like the popular snork.  then there was one who just made a trumpet sonud nand couldn't talk

Small | Large

this show was actually called the mother f____ing popples.  can you believe that?  that's how blinded people were by the cuteness
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 11:24:01 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 09:20:52 AM »

there were literally hundreds of  shows that copied the smurfs, including the gummi bears to an extent.  the shirt tales was pretty low on the totem poll. 

the snorks, all star see worthy was like the popular snork.  then there was one who just made a trumpet sonud nand couldn't talk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpKaGrmSQLk&feature=related

this show was actually called the mother f____ing popples.  can you believe that?  that's how blinded people were by the cuteness

Some girl actually yelled at me for not knowing the Popples.  She went as far as putting a picture of herself on my myspace with one and stuff.  I'm like, "I don't know the f**king popples.  I watched The Smurfs and Zoobilee Zoo."

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 04:27:33 PM »

This show had some surprisingly good episodes at times. The episode I remember is when Duke Igthorn's older brother shows up, and he's just the opposite of the Duke. And from him we learn that Duke Igthorn's nickname as a child was Siggy Soggy Shorts. LOL! At that one.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 08:06:58 PM »

What I like about Disney's Gummi Bears is that it was Disney's first serialized tv show for kids, or something to that effect.  After it's success, it led to the creation of such Disney shows as Chip N Dales Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin, Duck Tales, and Darkwing Duck, amongst others.  All of which I grew up watching.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
akiratubo

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 08:57:28 PM »

Gummi Bears was pretty good.  I was shocked to learn it was a Disney show, when I saw the DVD set.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 11:13:53 AM »

Isaw some of it when they were watching it.  the theme song is ridiculous "  magic and growing they take pride in knowing along with the secret of gummi beari juice" 
Jim H

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 01:55:55 PM »

I didn't think I knew this, but it actually came up quite recently.  My sister's boyfriend just bought this to show his quite young nieces and nephews.  They derided it a lot before finally watching it, and ended up loving it to death.  Just a small side note, there really aren't too many worthwhile animated shows in any recent years for younger viewers.  I feel pretty lucky in that regard having grown up in the 80s and 90s, which was one of the better periods for TV animation.

Watching the show opening bit, I know I watched it, but I don't remember it AT ALL.  I just recognize the character designs and bits from the intro. 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  gummi bears « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.