Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:19:46 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Christmas Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bad Christmas Movies  (Read 7233 times)
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 16, 2008, 03:39:51 PM »

My new favorite bad Christmas movie has to be Trees 2:  The Root Of All Evil.  My favorite good one is The Long Kiss GoodnightJack Frost --the serial-killer snowman one, not rhe Michael Keaton tearjerker -- is hard to beat and I will have to have soem kidn of run-off viewing to see whether Root is better or worse.

What do you lie in bad -- or good -- Christmas movies?

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 03:58:21 PM »

I'll watch Silent night, deadly night this weekend, so I'll write about that later.
My favourtie van is Santa Clause conquers the martians (mst3k). It's madness. Thumbup
On the other hand, Santa Claus (1959) is quite painful. Hephaestus? Merlin? Santa? In the same movie? That must've taken a lot of creativity.
Or something else... Drink
UPDATE: I just remembered the singing kids in the beginning! God, that part sucked.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 04:09:02 PM by Cthulhu » Logged
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 04:03:31 PM »

The re-make of Black Christmas is rubbish.
Man, even the first Black Christmas was weak but at least it had Margot Kidder.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Javakoala
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 06:33:30 PM »

My personal favorite is "Christmas Evil", with Fiona Apple's daddy in the lead role.  It has everything:  comedy, heartbreak, gore, redemption and sleigh-loads of weirdness, especially the ending.

Small | Large

But I do admit to loving "Silent Night, Deadly Night" because it is just so mental. Check out the grandfather scene if you get a chance.

Small | Large
Raffine

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 07:52:50 PM »

SANTA CLAUS: THE MOVIE (1985)

Kris Kringle gets the full high-tech overblown Superman-style treatment (from SUPERMAN producer Ilya Salkind, who else?) with an all-star cast featuring Dudley Moore, John Lithgow, Burgess Meredith, and the real Big Lebowski himself David Huddleson as the jolly ol' elf. Featuring STAR WARS-style sleigh rides and reindeer puppets.

Directed by Jeannot Szwarc of JAWS 2 fame.

Small | Large

I understand many of you of a certain age have very fond memories of this movie.  BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 07:58:25 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 10:15:50 PM »

I also like the Jack Frost, Killer Mutant Snowman movies, but I'm also pretty fond of "Santa's Slay".

I saw Jack Frost 2 in a rental place, it had a HUGE warning on the box that said "Beware: This is NOT the sequel to the Michael Keaton family movie "Jack Frost", and contains graphic violence that may be disturbing to young viewers". Lol, ,, sounds like someone had a little surprise and complained to management. Funny thing is, the warning covered the picture of the evil snowman with fangs on the front of the box.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 10:18:03 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 10:41:19 AM »

CHRISTMAS VACATION.  For some reason, a lot of people love this movie.  I saw it once and I don't think I laughed a single time (okay, maybe I laughed ONE time).  The humor is totally unoriginal (like the scene when someone . . . Chevy Chase, I think . . . plugs in his Christmas lights and all the other lights in town go out . . . how many times have we seen something like this happen in other movies?  This is supposed to be funny?)  And William Hickey is one of the 10 most annoying actors of all time.  This movie is the pits.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 12:38:47 PM »

CHRISTMAS VACATION.  For some reason, a lot of people love this movie. 

I'm one of them. It's a heartwarming holiday tradition around our house.

I saw it once and I don't think I laughed a single time (okay, maybe I laughed ONE time).  The humor is totally unoriginal (like the scene when someone . . . Chevy Chase, I think . . . plugs in his Christmas lights and all the other lights in town go out . . . how many times have we seen something like this happen in other movies?  This is supposed to be funny?)  And William Hickey is one of the 10 most annoying actors of all time.  This movie is the pits.

I think most of the Vacation movies stink, plus I never really liked Chevy Chase in anything (especially on the original SNL), but we laugh ourselves sick at this movie every year.

Just goes to show you that there are a lot of different tastes out there.

You can keep your "God bless us everyone" and your "Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings". For Christmas sentiment, it just doesn't get any better than this:

"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f***ing Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of a*****es this side of the nuthouse."
Rattrap007
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 12:46:33 PM »

Silent Night Deadly Night is great.. But the sequel is even better as a piece of cheese. How can you not love the "Garbage day!!" bit. Best scene ever!!

I on both Jack Frost 1 + 2 and they are fun to watch as well.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 01:25:55 PM »

I like "Jingle All The Way"

But it gets a lot of stick for some reason.
Oh, and Gremlins.
It isn't Christmas without Gremlins !

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 09:24:09 PM »

REV: Oy!  Vhat ein vorld!  So many bad movies, so many fond memories... but not for me.  I need good movies at Christmas. 

And I thought SCROOGED was terrible and I don't mean in a good way (except maybe the DAVE JOHANSON part).

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 09:37:13 AM »

Santa's Slay- Stars Bill Goldberg, Fran Drescher and Chris Kattan.  Sounds like fun.
Santa With Muscles- Stars Hulk Hogan and Garrett Morris of SNL fame.
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians- I quite like this piece of trash flick.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 02:54:06 PM »

Christmas with the Kranks - If there was ever a propaganda film for the "war on Christmas" insurgents, it's this, depicting a cabal-like town much too obsessed with the season and their attempts to psychologically alienate those trying to do away with the holiday stress. :P
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 10:12:08 PM by Mr. Briggs Inc. » Logged

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 05:53:36 PM »

I saw Jack Frost 2 in a rental place, it had a HUGE warning on the box that said "Beware: This is NOT the sequel to the Michael Keaton family movie "Jack Frost", and contains graphic violence that may be disturbing to young viewers". Lol, ,, sounds like someone had a little surprise and complained to management. Funny thing is, the warning covered the picture of the evil snowman with fangs on the front of the box.

Did it also cover the subtitle "Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman" (which I can see some finding misleading)?

I have always been a huge fan of Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

How about The Christmas that Almost Wasn't?  It's cheap and it's cheesy, but I suppose it's a family classic.  Then there's the similarly titled It Nearly Wasn't Christmas
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 09:24:42 PM »

Chirstmas with the Kranks - If there was ever a propaganda film for the "war on Christmas" insurgents, it's this, depicting a cabal-like town much too obsessed with the season and their attempts to psychologically alienate those trying to do away with the holiday stress. :P
Kranks is a wonderful gem, isn't it?  I mean, seriously, Dan Akyroyd going all psycho just cause a guy doesn't want to put Frosty up is hilarious entertainment for the entire family.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Christmas Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.