Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:16:07 PM
714361 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  That time of year again... let's nominate the WORST movies of 2008 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: That time of year again... let's nominate the WORST movies of 2008  (Read 8102 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« on: December 17, 2008, 08:30:45 PM »

Just like last year... I'll take all nominations for the best movies of 2008, then put them all into a poll we can vote on at the end of the year.

I've put a similar poll for BEST movies of 2008 on the "bad movies" board: http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,122513.0.html

"Bad" movies that you actually enjoyed tremendously should probably go there instead of here.

Direct-to-video/DVD releases are fair game if released in 2008.

I don't have a recommendation for worst movie of 2008... all the movies I saw in theaters were pretty good, and I didn't rent anything with a 2008 date this year.  What about you?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 08:42:04 PM »

The Happening 

AVP R (It came out in January in the UK)
I really don't like those films.
And I really regret getting them on DVD

Waste of time and money. I still haven't finished AVP R.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 09:20:30 AM by doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 09:59:57 PM »

SaW V. I enjoy saying I am one of the few Saw fans on this board, and with that in mind I believe part 5 was for the most part a lazy insult to series fans, not to mention probably utterly confuzzling and bland to series-newcomers XP .

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
akiratubo

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 11:56:09 PM »

TRANSFORMERS!!!!!!
AVP R

Those are both from 2007.

My nominations for worst movie of 2008:

Lakeview Terrace (and here's why I think so)
House (and here's why I think so)

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Rat-Bat-Spider
Dedicated Viewer

ICE to meet you!

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 12:13:27 AM »

Bangkok Dangerous was a f**king joke! It really p**sed me off. I hate Nicholas Cage and everything he stands for. So I'll throw my hat into the ring for that.

Also, Star Wars: The Clone Wars beat me senseless with its dumbed-down(!) dialogue, its shoddy animation, and its insistence to be kid-friendly. I was insulted by it masquerading as a movie when it was oh-so-obviously three episodes pasted together. You can't tape three people together and call them conjoined triplets! It's in ill taste to put something in theaters that wasn't made with cinematic quality or craft. Shame on you, Lucas. Shame.

Oh, and Funny Games. The original Austrian version was quite evocative. But that one was barely over 10 years old when the same director filmed a shot-for-shot remake with lame big-time actors (I'm looking at you, Naomi Watts...) What a waste of film.

www.cinematronica.wordpress.com
A movie review every day for an entire year. Can he handle it? Can YOU handle it?
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 07:57:45 AM »

Eddie Murphy's annual turd-burger, so 2008's would be Meet Dave... and it was even written by Bill Corbett! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

The Happening

And somebody's gotta say it: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of Lazy Uncreative Crap

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 08:56:14 AM »

I'll say The Happening as well being voted for the worst movie of 2008.  I didn't like it that much I felt it was too cheesy overall as a film.  I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a Razzie nomination.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 09:41:51 AM »

SaW V. I enjoy saying I am one of the few Saw fans on this board, and with that in mind I believe part 5 was for the most part a lazy insult to series fans, not to mention probably utterly confuzzling and bland to series-newcomers XP .
I like the Saw franchise.  I don't think they should've killed off Strahm, the FBI agent.  I also didn't like the subplot with the game.  They should've just focused on Hoffman being the apprentice and showing you how he learned to play the game.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 10:42:39 AM »

I vote for THE HAPPENING.  What a stupid movie.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 01:54:32 PM »

Wanted

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 04:10:15 PM »

Dare I add INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL to this list?  maybe not one of the worst, but surely one of the most disappointing.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jape
Dedicated Viewer

Van Dammit!

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 05:37:25 PM »

Dare I add INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL to this list?  maybe not one of the worst, but surely one of the most disappointing.

Definately the most disappointing IMO, I didn't even mind the 'aliens thing', I thought the idea of doing a plot based around ancient astronauts was intriguing but the sheer ramshackleness of the plot was shocking. I have to admit being in awe watching it simply because it was Indy on the big screen in my lifetime(!), but it didn't take long afterwards for my brain to point out too many nits to pick. It felt like they'd cut twenty minutes off the start, the a-bomb scene was cool, taking Indy 'I'm too old for this s**t' slapstick to the extreme but meant there was an hour of action left that just felt anticlimatic, then you have the simply stupid 'triple agent' subplot that bordered on parody and despite quite liking Indy Jr.... the monkeys! Plus countless more tiny thing. All in all it felt more like mastabatory nostalgia to the franchise smashed together with quick profit making than an addition to the series.

Anyway...

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday".
Magnus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 09:27:48 PM »

I second Clone Wars
(I would rather have a boil on my buttocks then sit through that again).
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 09:31:58 PM »

I heard only one thing about the Clone Wars that immediatley turned me off to  it.  Supposedly Anakin's padawan calls him "Sky Guy". 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 06:58:56 PM »

The only movie I saw in 08 was Prince Caspian and I enjoyed it.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  That time of year again... let's nominate the WORST movies of 2008 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.