Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:14:18 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Snowed in! Argh! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Snowed in! Argh!  (Read 3424 times)
Joe the Destroyer
« on: December 18, 2008, 12:37:28 PM »

Spokane is buried in snow as I type!  I called in today, telling them no way in hell am I going to make it out.  I watched other vehicles—bigger vehicles—get stuck in this nonsense, and my entire parking lot is covered.  And what do we do today, folks?

Why, have a movie day, of course!  That or a lot of Xbox 360.  Mmm... Eternal Sonata...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 07:08:38 PM »

As long as you have enough toilet paper stockpiled, it should be a great day!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 07:14:16 PM »

We're getting some heavy snow tommorow so they say.  These storms always hit late Friday afternoons for some odd reason. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 07:15:23 PM »

We're supposed to get hit with about a foot of it tonite alone...and it's supposed to go on all weekend. I guess I picked the wrong time to start moving...ugh....

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 10:50:45 PM »

My girlfriend works for a foster care home, and they told her she needs to come in.  She made an honest attempt to get there, but wound up saying no way in hell.  She almost couldn't get to her front door when she went home.  Hopefully, this crap blows over soon.
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 11:10:43 PM »

I live in southwest VA and we don't get the snow like we did back when I was growing up in the 80's.  I remember us actually having some where we got around 2 feet of snow and more in a couple of cases.

Now, it just seems like we get nothing but an inch or two of snow and that's it if we get hardly any at all during the winter.

I just like snow a lot!

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 10:59:53 AM »

We got 2" of snow, which means where I live they shut everything down like it's a blizzard ... school was out for 3 days.
As I type this right now it's 9:57AM and it's 68F degrees, 2 days ago it was 18F degrees.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 02:23:46 PM »

Over here in NYC were getting some snow. Its looks like theres about 3'' of snow on the ground and it might stop around 5-6.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 12:01:59 PM »

Currently there is about a foot of snow in RI.  It took me a good two hours to dig out.  The snow was the sticky type last night but kind of turned more dusty later on in the evening. Luckily the main roads are somewhat clear.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 11:07:43 PM »

We got about a foot of snow here in Iowa.  Add to that the high winds we had earlier today and we had blizzard conditions throughout most of Iowa.  The winds are calming down a bit now, but it is F-ing cold outside now.  Even before you factor in the windchill.

I want a few four letter words with anyone singing about letting it snow or how they're dreaming of a White Christmas.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 12:29:00 PM »

We got about a foot of snow here in Iowa.  Add to that the high winds we had earlier today and we had blizzard conditions throughout most of Iowa.  The winds are calming down a bit now, but it is F-ing cold outside now.  Even before you factor in the windchill.

I want a few four letter words with anyone singing about letting it snow or how they're dreaming of a White Christmas.

I can't help it. Even though I have to shovel the stuff, I still want to go out and play in the snow whenever we get a blizzard. I always try to shovel in such a way that I end up with a big pile I can use for snow sculpture. I grew up in a very snowy place (average 110"/year), and I figure it froze my brain. I just can't get enough of the white stuff.

As for being cold: I spent many years in Maryland (practically no snow) and now live in Pennsylvania (maybe 20" a year) and I was starting think I'd lost my tolerance for cold. I never remember being cold as a kid. Finally I remembered why last winter: for the first 20 years of my life, I spent most of the winter wearing two sets of shirts and pants, to say nothing of the ski masks and scarfs, and heavy boots with two sets of socks. You just gotta dress for it.

Boots and gloves are especially important for general happiness. Nothing makes you miserable like feeling your fingers and toes going numb.

You know what I hate? When it's just over freezing and so all the precipitation is coming down as ice cold rain which soaks into everything. Which is what we were having all week last week. And then the temperature drops so you get ice.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 06:49:12 PM »

Salem Oregon has 6 inches of snow/frozen rain and slush.  30,000 without power accoring to the paper.   We don't actually have snow plows, just a few dump trucks with chains and plow blades.  So the townis a mess.

After aweek in the house with a bored 2 year old, we decided I should return to work.  Anna and the little girl came with me and we're in Eugene, 50 miles away where its been 40 and sunny.  We're staying the night, I can't face shoveling snow.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 06:55:47 PM »

I know this does not equal what everyone else has gotten in the way of bad weather, but last Tuesday, we had our first ice storm of the year. And the headline on the local paper read "Hundreds of Car Accidents." It is a good thing that I'm retired and didn't have to try to come in and work. The place where I did work, closed early because of the icy conditions. As did a number of the stores in the nearest shopping center, to where I live.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 08:25:34 PM »

We've had 8-10 inches so far today, and for most of the day, none in town, which is only ~3 miles away. There's a distinct line where the snowing has stopped, and it hasn't moved 50 feet all day. It goes from snowing fairly hard to not snowing at all in about 20 feet, and that area hasn't hardly moved. It's the weirdest thing I've seen.

But the good news is, We'll have good snow for snowmobiling  Thumbup

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009, 03:30:06 PM »

This is an update to my previous post. Between 6:30 p.m., when the ice storm began, and 8:00 a.m., when the ice storm ended. There were 562 automobile accidents in the local area in which I live. That works out to about one accident every minute and 45 seconds.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Snowed in! Argh! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.