Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:59:31 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Original or Extra Crispy? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which KFC chicken do you prefer?
Original - 12 (57.1%)
Extra Crispy - 7 (33.3%)
I don't eat chicken - 2 (9.5%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Original or Extra Crispy?  (Read 7106 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: December 21, 2008, 09:38:49 PM »

Ever wake up thinking of a specific food?  Then you eventually make it your mission for that day to get that food.
I woke up earlier thinking of chicken.  So I got up and drove in the sub-zero temperatures to KFC.
I picked up one of their 3 piece meals.  Instead of cole slaw, which I can't stand, I substituted it with an extra side of mashed potatoes.
KFC's mash potatoes and gravy are fantastic!  I wish I could get the recipe for that gravy they use.

Anyway, I had to choose between original or extra crispy.
I like both, but tend to prefer the original recipe.
The original is some of the best chicken anywhere.   Thumbup

How about you?
Original or extra crispy?

JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 10:19:36 PM »

Either, it doesn't matter.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 11:05:33 PM »

I generally like extra crispy.  For sides I really love their mashed and gravy, and since I can't stand their coleslaw I usually just get a double helping of mashed and gravy.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 12:50:45 AM »

I don't eat at KFC because we went there once, and at the time we thought my kid was allergic to some milk products (whey to be exact), and not only would they not LOOK to see if their food had any in it, they kept saying "I'm sure there isn't any in it", immediately after asking what whey was in the first place. Kid had recently spent almost a week in the hospital and I was supposed to take some idiot's word for it that their food didn't have an ingredient the same idiot didn't even know existed 60 seconds ago. They've never gotten a penny from me since.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 08:12:42 AM »

Original, that's some awesome chicken.  Extra crispy is nice for a change, but that's about it.  Love their potatoes and gravy too. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 10:17:05 AM »

Original recipe, although it is delicious, should really be called extra-greasy.  I love the crunchy style.  I've always like their cole slaw too, but we rarely eat there. 

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 12:02:21 PM »

I don't go very often, but I do get a craving every once in awhile. My current favorite is original flavor with hot sauce. I seem to put hot sauce on more and more things as I get older. My wife's theory is I burned out my taste buds long ago.

What, doesn't everyone put hot sauce on their breakfast home fries? Or in their spaghetti?

I'm on the pro-cole slaw side. Love their fries too (with hot sauce, of course), but I'm trying to lose weight so I don't get those these days.
Paquita

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 01:21:15 AM »

Original yo.  I said it before and I'll say it again -  The Colonol didn't spend years perfecting his 17 secret herbs and spices for you to go and order extra crispy.  You want extra crispy, go to Popeyes.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 08:20:21 AM »

Extra crispy, b***hes.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 02:12:07 PM »

Even before I became Vegetarian I didn't like KFC chicken that much. I did enjoy their side dishes though like Biscuits and cole slaw. Thinking about it I did like their popcorn chicken.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 01:34:31 PM »

I don't eat at KFC because we went there once, and at the time we thought my kid was allergic to some milk products (whey to be exact), and not only would they not LOOK to see if their food had any in it, they kept saying "I'm sure there isn't any in it", immediately after asking what whey was in the first place. Kid had recently spent almost a week in the hospital and I was supposed to take some idiot's word for it that their food didn't have an ingredient the same idiot didn't even know existed 60 seconds ago. They've never gotten a penny from me since.

There's asmost no chance the employees would know.  It's shipped from a secret location rather than made from scratch on-site.  But most fried chicken recipes use millk products, as a way of making the coating stick on while maximizing the number of calories from fat.

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 01:38:35 PM »

Used to always get dragged into KFC by the 'ol ball & chain after I'd be barred from some pub on a friday night. They never had much left, can't really remember if I had original or extra crispy. Damn nice when you're completely drunk and starving, but really it's just aload of trash to me that I'd rarely ever touch.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 01:52:32 PM by Circus_Circus » Logged

Paquita

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 01:43:49 PM »

Oh those KFC guys know what allergens are in their products!  It's on their website!  Foodservice employees are beat about the head with allergen information!

Anyway, there's no chicken in Alaska. It's just Elk sprinkled with pine cone shavings and they tell everyone it's chicken. 
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 05:46:01 PM »

Lol, there are more chicken in Alaska than Elk. . .

You want extra crispy, go to Popeyes.
Mmmmmm . . . Popeyes. . . . yummy. ..

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 09:28:40 AM »

Lol, there are more chicken in Alaska than Elk. . .

Yeah, but it only takes one elk to equal about 50 chickens  TongueOut.

You want extra crispy, go to Popeyes.
Mmmmmm . . . Popeyes. . . . yummy. ..

If I want fried chicken, I go to Popeye's. I've never been overly impressed with KFC. Plus, KFC doesn't have red beans & rice, and Popeye's biscuits are way better.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Original or Extra Crispy? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.