Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:58:52 PM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Original or Extra Crispy? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which KFC chicken do you prefer?
Original - 12 (57.1%)
Extra Crispy - 7 (33.3%)
I don't eat chicken - 2 (9.5%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Original or Extra Crispy?  (Read 7235 times)
Susan
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 10:53:34 AM »

KFC chicken has changed. Have you noticed the pieces are monstrous, it's like they got them from chickens on steroids and they are so full of water when you bite into them they squirt everywhere. Those are the breasts

So now when i do go on the very rare occasion i get original, the dinner is usually the leg and thigh so i get small pieces and the flavor is better. Something about extra crispy i can't stand anymore, i wanna go back to the day when there was no extra crispy. When we used to swing by KFC and grab a bucket of chicken with the sides.

Mashed potatoes are like soup and taste like a shoe. Slaw isn't bad so the only sides worth getting are slaw and the potato wedges. Biscuits are still good tho

KFC just isn't what it used to be.
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 11:01:33 AM »

Have you noticed the pieces are monstrous, it's like they got them from chickens on steroids

OH Kentucky Fired Chicken ... living in Kentucky and living around about a 10,000 chicken barns where most of the chicken farms for every fast food joint in the world comes from and knowing the filth, disease, slime and hormones they put in them and they live in. I tend to get only free range range chicken or the ones living on my farm. I do not know of a single chicken farmer that eats chicken barn raised chickens.

If you look at this image, every white line is the roof of a chicken barn, each barn holds about 180,000 chickens and if you drag around the map you'll see them everywhere ... they stink ... no reek and have done more to destroy the nature water supply than anything else thanks to nitrogen and ammonia run off. And this information is brought to by someone who is NOT a ANIMAL rights activist nor a tree hugger.

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=36.839474&lon=-88.737928&z=14.6&r=0&src=yh

As a side note you can't drive anywhere without seeing dead chicken or the side of the road where a cage came open and some chicken fell out. So the joke here is ... "Why did the chicken cross the road? .... It didn't make it."

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 11:30:33 AM »

But, in all reality, the way to get good chicken is to get them when they're young, BUT, when they're young, they're small. One way to make something bigger is to exercise it, , but then they have no fat and tough meat. THAT is where steroids and hormones come in: They make young birds have lots of meat that is still young and tender, without losing the fat. That equals YUMMY. I wonder how much of those 'roids and hormones stay intact through the animal metabolizing it, then being slaughtered, then cooked, then digested by a person. I would think it would be broken down by them, but I'm no biochemist.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Susan
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 11:46:37 AM »

Have you noticed the pieces are monstrous, it's like they got them from chickens on steroids

OH Kentucky Fired Chicken ... living in Kentucky and living around about a 10,000 chicken barns where most of the chicken farms for every fast food joint in the world comes from and knowing the filth, disease, slime and hormones they put in them and they live in. I tend to get only free range range chicken or the ones living on my farm. I do not know of a single chicken farmer that eats chicken barn raised chickens.

If you look at this image, every white line is the roof of a chicken barn, each barn holds about 180,000 chickens and if you drag around the map you'll see them everywhere ... they stink ... no reek and have done more to destroy the nature water supply than anything else thanks to nitrogen and ammonia run off. And this information is brought to by someone who is NOT a ANIMAL rights activist nor a tree hugger.

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=36.839474&lon=-88.737928&z=14.6&r=0&src=yh

As a side note you can't drive anywhere without seeing dead chicken or the side of the road where a cage came open and some chicken fell out. So the joke here is ... "Why did the chicken cross the road? .... It didn't make it."

Yeah, it's not much different at the other animals farms either. It's disgusting and sad. I remember reading awhile back about some company or farmer that had the idea of mass producing animals for food but in a more friendly environment where they had more of a life and didn't live on sewage filled concrete. We don't think about where our food comes from. And strangely cancer rates are on the rise, not that i'm saying it's related to our food but it's probably everything. We live near more power grids, eat god knows what..sure low doses of some things may be fine but when we get it continually and from other sources our bodies are polluted.

Years ago i tried to make an effort to buy/consume less products with "High fructose corn syrup".  Also i like meat but sometimes it grosses me out so I never tend to eat large quantities of it.  I've had farm fresh eggs and they are very good, my brother raises chickens and goats and all that..i think they're going to be making their own cheese and talked about slaughtering their goats for food.

But everytime i eat KFC i get sick, my stomach erupts in a wave of fury. So that's why i rarely eat there. You know who has great fried chicken? Walmart and Tom Thumb or other grocery stores. They have small pieces, breaded and fried with a great flavor. The colonel is rolling in his grave, in the end he didn't like the direct KFC was going. He hated the mashed potatos and used to travel around to various locatiosn to make sure they were cooking his food the way he wanted it and not changing it. But as I remember from the documentary they kept changing the ingredients and way they cooked their food. It was sad how the company treated him..i remember the bio i watched being quite revealing in details i never knew
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 09:18:45 AM »

Yeah, it's not much different at the other animals farms either. It's disgusting and sad. I remember reading awhile back about some company or farmer that had the idea of mass producing animals for food but in a more friendly environment where they had more of a life and didn't live on sewage filled concrete. We don't think about where our food comes from. And strangely cancer rates are on the rise, not that i'm saying it's related to our food but it's probably everything. We live near more power grids, eat god knows what..sure low doses of some things may be fine but when we get it continually and from other sources our bodies are polluted.

Years ago i tried to make an effort to buy/consume less products with "High fructose corn syrup".  Also i like meat but sometimes it grosses me out so I never tend to eat large quantities of it.  I've had farm fresh eggs and they are very good, my brother raises chickens and goats and all that..i think they're going to be making their own cheese and talked about slaughtering their goats for food.

But everytime i eat KFC i get sick, my stomach erupts in a wave of fury. So that's why i rarely eat there. You know who has great fried chicken? Walmart and Tom Thumb or other grocery stores. They have small pieces, breaded and fried with a great flavor. The colonel is rolling in his grave, in the end he didn't like the direct KFC was going. He hated the mashed potatos and used to travel around to various locatiosn to make sure they were cooking his food the way he wanted it and not changing it. But as I remember from the documentary they kept changing the ingredients and way they cooked their food. It was sad how the company treated him..i remember the bio i watched being quite revealing in details i never knew

The Col was bought out many years ago but remained the spokes person, he never really gasp that he had no authority over anything after you sell the rights to something. Anywho ...

Wally World which I avoid like the plague buys there chickens from the same farms that KFC, Kroger and the rest do. There is are huge Tyson Chicken plants dotted all over the mid south and Pilgrims Pride plants everywhere both big time chicken producers. If you ever go one you'll not want to eat chicken ever again. So I raise my own or buy from others that do ... odd how a area with so many industrial chicken farms has so many people raising their own ... hmmm makes you think.

We also have massive cattle, mussel, catfish and fresh water shrimp farms around here too, the aquaculture isn't too bad, but some of the cattle farms are violating something I know. These are so called free range cattle, not barn raised but still they stand 2 feet deep in muck and crap at the feeders. It's really quite vile. I don't even think about hogs, but those a to nasty and smelly to raise anyway near the house.
So once again a friend of mine and myself raise our own cow or two every year, I'm a serious carnivore but I can clearly see why someone would become a vegan ... then again if they knew all the chemicals and animal waste being sprayed or dumped on the crops then you have to wonder what would they eat?

Aw ignorances is bliss. 

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 03:57:42 PM »

Don't care for fried chicken as if I eat a bit too much I get to be friends with the toilet for a few minutes.  I would rather have chicken grilled overall as I enjoy that then fried chicken.  If I would have to get KFC I would get original.
Torgo

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 09:58:58 PM »

Original, by a country mile.

Small | Large

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Original or Extra Crispy? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.