Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:12:09 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  License To Drive (1988) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: License To Drive (1988)  (Read 3360 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: December 22, 2008, 10:23:17 PM »

I watched this film the other night and liked it just as much as the first time I saw it back when I was 14 years old in 1988.   Thumbup

It had probably been at least 15 years since I'd last seen License To Drive.  When I saw it available as an instant watch on Netflix, I immediately added it to my queue.
I fired up my Xbox 360, activated Netflix on it, popped a bag of popcorn and relived my youth.   Smile

This is actually a good flick.
Who hasn't had a crush on the hottest girl in school?  Who didn't dream of having a license and was nervous as hell when they took their driving test?
I can raise my hand on all counts.

It's funny seeing a young Heather Graham before she got really famous.
After all, my first exposure to her was either in Austin Powers 2 or when she did a full frontal as Rollergirl in Boogie Nights.
Watching her here was kinda weird.

Small | Large

Corey Haim as Les and Corey Feldman as Dean are perfectly cast.
Les's parents are also well cast.  They come across as totally normal people who want to raise their son to be a good driver.

I never had the balls to take my parents' car out.  They're light sleepers and would have awoken at even the slightest creeking noise the floor made when I walked across it.

This is a fun movie that brings back memories of when I was a teenager.  I actually did laugh out loud in a few spots.   TeddyR

How about you?
What do you think of this cool 80's flick?

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 10:29:17 PM by Ash » Logged
Susan
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 10:47:48 PM »

the hot cup of coffee during his test..lol
Torgo

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 11:37:43 PM »

For what it is License to Drive isn't a bad little movie.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 12:36:41 PM »

Great, fun movie full of great music!  Thumbup

Hammock Rider

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 10:33:03 AM »

I like Heather alot better as a blonde and I REALLY HOPE she wasn't the meat in a Corey sammich. Buggedout

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 12:26:38 AM »

I used to work at a video store and I snagged the promo poster for this movie and had it hanging in my bedroom for a while.  Come to think of it, I never did get around to watching the movie!

WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 01:57:24 PM »

I didn't know much about it, until I saw the trailer for it on the Anchor Bay D.V.D. release for Freaked (5-star movie all the way), and that retro-cool cheesy-cool ad got me interested, but then I figured it would be one of those movies that would be better in trailer form than as an actual movie, and I stumbled across a digital cable showing of it a few weeks ago and ended up watching the whole thing to satiate my curiosity.

I was pleasantly surprised!

I really, really, really, really liked it. A lot. Great movie. A less mature version of Risky Business, with more emphasis on broad humor, and lots of fun nostalgic 80's fromage. The coffee/driving test scene actually gripped me with the tension of Haim trying to keep that cup o' the brown stuff from spillin'. And, hey, young Heather Graham = hotness. Very cool flick. I saw a D.V.D. of it in the bargain bin of a local movie n' music shop, so I'm gonna pick it up soon. Definitely worth owning.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  License To Drive (1988) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.