Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:44:31 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wife of N.C. terrorism suspect describes elaborate police ruse « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wife of N.C. terrorism suspect describes elaborate police ruse  (Read 2506 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: July 30, 2009, 01:07:28 PM »

article

regardless of what you think of islamic terrorism, civil rights or any of that this is pretty bizarre, or maybe it's quite common I don't know.

Boyd, whose family lives in the Johnston County community of Willow Spring, described a harrowing experience Monday afternoon when she answered the door to find a man she thought was a family friend wearing a shirt that appeared to be bloodied. He told her that Daniel and their three sons, Dylan, Noah and Zakariya, were in a serious car crash. He asked her to get into a Highway Patrol cruiser that would take her to Duke Hospital, where they were being treated.

Boyd summoned her daughter and pregnant daughter-in-law. They wrapped their heads in scarves, grabbed their Qurans and flew out the door. For Boyd, it was a particularly painful experience. Her 16-year-old son, Luqman, died in a car crash near their home in 2007.

When they arrived at Duke Hospital, the cruiser took them to a construction site at the rear of the facility. A man dressed as a doctor came out and asked whether she was the wife. When she said yes, he extended his hand. She told him she does not shake men's hands. He then grabbed her wrist and handcuffed her.

"I'm not a doctor. I'm an agent and your family is not in the hospital," he told her. "You're being detained, and you need to cooperate with us."

Boyd estimates she was then surrounded by 30 agents who frisked her and asked whether she had weapons or weapons of mass destruction.

They drove her in a car, separate from her daughter and daughter-in-law, to the Johnston County's Sheriff's Department, where she picked up Noah, 15, who was not arrested.

"That was an awful dirty trick," Boyd said she told the agents. "You guys pulled a horrific lie on me and on my daughters. You know we've been through this before."

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 01:10:39 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 01:21:03 PM »

I think its outrageous.  Maybe her husband is a terrorist maybe he isnt. I dont know but I do know that to do something like this is underhanded and nasty and those involved should be ashamed of themselves.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 02:50:55 PM »

they must watch alot of 24.  why didn't they just arrest her at her house?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wife of N.C. terrorism suspect describes elaborate police ruse « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.