Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:22:56 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bad Baby Names « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Bad Baby Names  (Read 29908 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2009, 06:40:24 AM »

If I ever put on loads of weight, I think I'd change my name to "Fatty Foods". That'd make me chuckle every day  TeddyR
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 08:28:48 AM by Circus_Circus » Logged

Wag
Bad Movie Lover

It's a real cat and carrot situation

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2009, 08:12:55 AM »

If I ever put on loads of weight, I think I'd change my name to "Fatty Fods". That'd make me chuckle every day  TeddyR

I'm gonna hold you to that; in fact, I encourage it because it will make me chuckle too. Doughnut Diet!!!! BounceGiggle

Where the hell is that soothing music coming from?
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2009, 03:27:41 PM »

I know a girl named Aidan.  There's quite a soap-opera connected to her, in my eyes.

When I met her, she was in the social circle of a couple friends.  She seemed decent enough, though there was something about her that I didn't trust from the start.

Moving in the next year at school, I discovered that she was dating one of my suitemates.  She was also living across the hall from, and was one of the closest friends of, the girl I started dating shortly thereafter.  I remain wary of her.

Towards the end of the school year, she breaks up with my suitemate, and asks me to meet her so she can tell me the story and get my thoughts, since she considers me one of the wisest and most trustworthy people she knows. 

Shortly thereafter, she starts asking me to essentially babysit her now-ex boyfriend.

Over the summer, communicating through instant messenger, she becomes quite open to me, freely discussing topics like sex, etc.  My opinion of her has dipped slightly due to being used as her messenger boy quite a bit.

Early this past fall, her ex-boyfriend comes to me in tears.  Aidan and he had always had a policy of absolute honesty, and they remained friends after breaking up.  He learns that she'd been lying to him and keeping secrets from him in regards to sexual matters, and he is absolutely devastated.  After spending a couple hours listening to him and comforting him, my opinion of Aidan drops very far.  She comes to me a couple days later and tries to convince me that she's in the right, and her ex-boyfriend has no right to be upset about anything she's done.  I tell her that the depth to which she takes moral relativism is revolting.  (Yes, I know I'm on a pretty high horse here.)

Anyways, that's the saga of me and Aidan.

If/when I have kids, I think I'd like to name a son Joshua Robert, and a daughter Sophia Elizabeth.

Wortcov
Bad Movie Lover

the High Inquisitor of bath and wells

« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2009, 03:58:44 PM »

dusting of this topic with a interesting thing I saw in a Swedish newpaper. it was about this couple that wants to name their child Angelic as second name. the funny thing is that the same word for angelic in Swedish could also be angel corpse, and because of that the government said no.  TeddyR
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2009, 04:36:09 PM »

dusting of this topic with a interesting thing I saw in a Swedish newpaper. it was about this couple that wants to name their child Angelic as second name. the funny thing is that the same word for angelic in Swedish could also be angel corpse, and because of that the government said no.  TeddyR

As much as I hate parents giving children dumb names, the idea of the government telling you what you can name your kid is worse. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Wortcov
Bad Movie Lover

the High Inquisitor of bath and wells

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2009, 04:57:47 PM »

well, its more telling what you can not name then, then the other way around. and they only stop a few names, the only 2 I can come up with right now is angelic and Metallica.

and there is apparently 12 people in Sweden with the name twilight.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 05:04:22 PM by Wortcov » Logged
3mnkids

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2009, 05:30:03 PM »

As much as I hate parents giving children dumb names, the idea of the government telling you what you can name your kid is worse. 

No kidding. whats next? putting a limit on how many people name their child Britney or John every year?.. actually if they had something like that I wouldn't have the same first name as thousands of other girls who were born in the 70's.    TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2009, 06:11:54 PM »

Government restrictions on baby naming are like legislating common sense and good taste. Not an entirely unattractive idea, but too totalitarian, not to mention futile.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2009, 06:47:09 PM »

Government restrictions on baby naming are like legislating common sense and good taste. Not an entirely unattractive idea, but too totalitarian, not to mention futile.

I remember that the local Italian government said no to "Asia" Argento, on her birth certificate her name is officially Aria. There was also that flap awhile back about that family who named their kid Adolf Hitler. I don't agree with governments restricting what you name your kids, but naming them after nazi war criminals is probably at the very least in bad taste. Of course then there's this guy.  TeddyR

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2009, 05:07:40 AM »

Yeah, it's an odd one, isn't it ?

You should be able to name you're kid what you want, but sadly there are people who have kids that really shouldn't have.

Adolf ?
C'mon, it's a child, not a a cheap joke. The children need to be protected, otherwise they're gonna grow up getting the mick taken out of them.

Wortcov is right. It's more what you can't name as opposed to what you can name.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 05:09:53 AM by doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bad Baby Names « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.