Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:24:15 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Cowboy Boots « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Cowboy Boots  (Read 11096 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« on: December 25, 2008, 03:42:13 PM »

Does anybody here wear them or at least own a pair?

I've been trying to save up enough money to get hold of a pair for about 2 years. I wanted some Laredo snakeskin ones, but apparently you're not allowed to have that kind of material shipped to England?? I've bookmarked a pair on this website:

http://www.nashvilleboots.com/laredo_m_2032_prd1.htm

I want to buy them when my wages come in at the end of this month, the only problem is I have no idea about all the toe alphabetizing and size conversion. Some say "Toe J", "Toe D"?? I've read on one chart that a US 12 is an EU (UK) 11, which is about my size, can anybody help?

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 03:48:18 PM »

Used to own a pair back in the day, when they were in style here. Mainly just wore them out to the bar.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Javakoala
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 04:07:00 PM »

Used to own a pair back in the day, when they were in style here. Mainly just wore them out to the bar.

You?  Being trendy?  My god, I've lost faith in Mankind.

I used to have some when I was a kid, but then Mom bought them, so I wouldn't be of any help on sizing and such.  But they are great for emphasizing your threat of planting your boot up someone's arse.

And if there is a hint of ice outside, DO NOT WEAR THEM!!  Unless you like falling on your butt in public.  It will happen.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 04:22:54 PM »

I don't know if they were trendy at the time, but people were wearing them, including just about everybody I hung out with - a bunch of farmers, truckers and assorted tradesmen who were anything but trendy. I can only say they were in style because the last time I looked at a pair, my wife was quite emphatic that they were no longer in style. Can't say I've worn a pair of s**tkickers since about 1993. Broke my ankle and the pair I owned just didn't fit right afterward. Never got around to spending the money on new boots.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 04:24:19 PM »

I have two pairs, a nice black pair that I wear to teach in and to church on Sunday. Scuff'em up, grease'em up, shine'em up, and they're as good as new!!

I also have junky old pair of boots that I wear down to the barn and out rambling in. Too worn out to teach in, but incredibly comfortable.

The ones I have are not fancy - I can't afford "fancy" right now - but they are VERY serviceable.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Javakoala
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 04:34:06 PM »

I don't know if they were trendy at the time, but people were wearing them, including just about everybody I hung out with - a bunch of farmers, truckers and assorted tradesmen who were anything but trendy. I can only say they were in style because the last time I looked at a pair, my wife was quite emphatic that they were no longer in style. Can't say I've worn a pair of s**tkickers since about 1993. Broke my ankle and the pair I owned just didn't fit right afterward. Never got around to spending the money on new boots.

I thought you may have been referring to "The Dark Times".  You know, when "Urban Cowboy" was hip.  Thank the powers that be those days are past.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 05:54:35 PM »

Well, I have a bit of cowboy in me, but not one SCRAP of the "Urban" crap.

Goat roper through and through!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 05:56:58 PM »

Circus?  In the link you gave, if you click on "View toe and heel style"  (next to 'view larger image') it takes you to a chart of diagrams of the different toe shapes.  Better than any description I could attempt.   Wink

The sizing you cite sounds right: all our boots come with US and UK sizes marked and the UK sizes are consistently one number smaller than the US size.

Cowboy boots have to be the most comfortable footwear invented.  But they are traditionally slick-soled and deadly on ice (or even just wet grass) as a consequence.

And *please* remember that they are worn *inside* the pant leg.  Nothing says 'poseur/nerd' like tucking your pants into your boots!    TongueOut

« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 06:14:46 PM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 04:22:05 AM »

Circus?  In the link you gave, if you click on "View toe and heel style"  (next to 'view larger image') it takes you to a chart of diagrams of the different toe shapes.  Better than any description I could attempt.   Wink

The sizing you cite sounds right: all our boots come with US and UK sizes marked and the UK sizes are consistently one number smaller than the US size.

Cowboy boots have to be the most comfortable footwear invented.  But they are traditionally slick-soled and deadly on ice (or even just wet grass) as a consequence.

And *please* remember that they are worn *inside* the pant leg.  Nothing says 'poseur/nerd' like tucking your pants into your boots!    TongueOut

Yeah, I saw that. Thanks Newt. "J" is the only option for those boots, so I was concerned as my feet are quite broad. So if I'm a UK 11, I should get a size 12?  Question

(I also have no intention of wearing them with my jeans tucked in, do not fear)  TeddyR

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 09:33:30 AM »

... I was concerned as my feet are quite broad. So if I'm a UK 11, I should get a size 12?  Question

US 12 should be equivalent to UK 11, and you could order them in 'EW' for your wide feet.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 03:31:33 PM »

Thanks again  Thumbup

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 04:01:55 PM »

Even though I'm very close to Nashville I tend to wear work boots pretty much all the time, on rare occasions you'll catch me in tennis shoe/sneakers but cowboy boots tend to be too narrow for my feet. I have had time but never really got into wearing them. 

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 05:22:12 PM »

I thought you may have been referring to "The Dark Times".  You know, when "Urban Cowboy" was hip.  Thank the powers that be those days are past.

TeddyR  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 11:35:46 AM »

My boots arrived on Friday! They fit very nicely, they're roomy (size 12) and I love them!  Smile

...And here they are:

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 11:40:20 AM »

*shakes head dismissivly...*

Oh, brother...

Each to his own, circus. If you think you can carry them off then go ahead.

Good luck. Wink

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Cowboy Boots « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.