Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:46:01 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, what did everybody get for Christmas? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: So, what did everybody get for Christmas?  (Read 16611 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« on: December 25, 2008, 04:06:11 PM »

Number one gift for me this year: My wife bought me 20 piano lessons with a local teacher. I will finally learn to play a musical instrument. Been meaning to do that for years. No movies for me this year, but I found AC/DC's Black Ice album in my stocking.

The big gift I bought my wife this year is a Garmin GPS. The little one made out like a bandit, with a new doll and a bunch of puzzles and games, but she was most excited to receive Hungry Hungry Hippos.

So, what did everybody get?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 04:08:52 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 04:10:17 PM »

Err...my 'ol man got me some bleach and gave me about $60. I won't be seeing my mom until Saturday, she says she has a few things for me. My stepdad gave me about $200 and I think my friend has got me a Stevie Nicks cd, which I should hopefully recieve tomorrow.  Smile

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 04:21:16 PM »

I got a copy of Stephen King's new short story collection from my kids.  Our big family gift exchange is on Sunday.  I also got a copy of THE DARK KNIGHT for my birthday a couple weeks back.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 06:13:43 PM »

We tend to focus on the kids, but I did manage to get some DVD's: a Special Edition of "Mad Max", Kurt Vonnegut's "Welcome to the Monkey House", "Five Girls" starring Ron Perlman, a documentary about Seabiscuit (the race horse) and "Gingersnaps II" in my stocking.  (All bargain-bin treasures.)  What fun!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Susan
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 07:29:06 PM »

Box of assorted candy for children of the 70's.
Couple of gift baskets with assorted stuff like lotion and chocolates.
portable hard drive
popcorn
dvd shelf

To name some off. I think my folks got me a bunch of miscellanies because they ended up buying my brother and his wife a PS3. I got my brother a gift basket which included chef boyardee pizza..lol  I almost burned him a movie, but instead of a movie i would have put a rick roll on it
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 07:38:30 PM »

I got:

$50 cash from my dad

$25 gift card to Barnes & Noble from my stepmom

$25 gift card to Target from my stepbrother

$20 gift certificate to Tobacco Bowl (an upscale tobacco store) from my stepsister

This book: 

(It's a whopping 576 page tome full of info on just about everything you can think of)

A throw blanket for my couch

And $50 worth of gift certificates to the two local movie theaters.   Smile
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 07:42:28 PM »

The biggie this year was a 19" TV.  this one was as much utility as anything -- it was cheap as hell (I was with mom when she bought it) and even if it only lasts a couple months that's fine, because I decided to get it to replace the TV we're losing in the suite I live in (the guy who brought the TV flunked out), which I'll only be living in until May.  

Got some DVDs, all of which I picked out myself at Best Buy or Target...Ed Wood, a Mill Creek 50 movie boxed set "Nightmare Worlds," etc.

Two pairs of pants and two polo shirts...all of which are one size bigger then I generally wear.

Funny story...on the phone with my girlfriend earlier, we're celebrating Christmas tomorrow...she had contemplated getting me all the DVDs I had picked out for myself...and was very concerned that she might have gotten me the same Mill Creek boxed set.  

Her mother gave her and I tickets to go see RENT in a couple weeks.

I was shocked at how few gift cards I got this year -- usually I get tons, and this year I actually asked for them.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 08:11:02 PM »

Almost exclusively DVDs!  Smile  Mostly replacements for the ones I lost in my last move.

MSTK Vol. 2 (Angel's Revenge, Cave Dwellers, Pod People, Shorts Vol. 1)
MSTK Vol. 4 (Girl in Gold Boots, Hamlet, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, Space Mutiny)
MSTK - Mitchell
50 Movie Pack - Horror Classics
50 Movie Pack - Martial Arts
Bad Boy Made Good - The Revival of George Antheil's 1924 Ballet Mechanique

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2008, 08:49:30 PM »

Peanuts.
Beer.
$$$
A Best Buy Gift Card.
A gift certificate to get a remote starter installed in my car.
Car wash gift certificates.

All in all, a pretty good Christmas.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2008, 09:06:47 PM »

A brand new pair of waterproof boots (which I wish I had last weekend).  I also received a good amount of cash, some cologne and a VISA gift card.  My son made a haul between us and my wife's family.  His favorite gift was his remote controlled train set which he pretty much ignored all his other gifts for throughout the day.  My parents/brother are coming up this weekend so that will mean more gifts for us. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
dean

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2008, 11:10:47 PM »

Almost exclusively DVDs!  Smile  Mostly replacements for the ones I lost in my last move.

MSTK Vol. 2 (Angel's Revenge, Cave Dwellers, Pod People, Shorts Vol. 1)
MSTK Vol. 4 (Girl in Gold Boots, Hamlet, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, Space Mutiny)
MSTK - Mitchell
50 Movie Pack - Horror Classics
50 Movie Pack - Martial Arts
Bad Boy Made Good - The Revival of George Antheil's 1924 Ballet Mechanique

I've got the MSTK VOL 4 from a while back and Overdrawn at the Memory Bank is my particular favourite out of those four.  Raul Julia slumming it on direct to public tv nonsense full of stock footage and crappy effects.

As for me, I got a cool tungsten hot light for filming/photography purposes and a digital keyboard [piano that is] so that was very cool and a big surprise.  The pick of the rest was a pen with a transformers logo on the top and two arms that punched when you press buttons and  the 'eyes' of the logo light up.  Take that Deceptacons!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2008, 11:15:05 PM »

I got, amongst other things, some kick-@$$ Jimi Hendrix t-shirts, and a WWJD (What Would Jimi Do) sweatshirt.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 08:00:47 AM »

Ah, the Christmas swag thread.

The kids here are already up (have been up, since just after I got up at 6).  Jenna has a new bike and a babydoll.  Andy and Garrett got several new construction vehicles (both boys love backhoes, dump trucks, cranes, etc.).  The kids also have Operation and Hungry Hungry Hippos.  The construction stuff is where we have a problem: we gave them some, grandparents gave them some, and uncles and aunts gave them some.  Aggregated, it's more than some.  We had to designate a section of the play room as the parking area.

Andy also got a toy Rodan to go with the other Godzilla monsters (most from last Christmas).

I got a new Casio chronograph watch from my wife, "Hellboy II" on DVD, a small batch of b-movie DVDs like "TNT Jackson" and "Ultraviolet," a bottle of Crown Royal, and Katie cooked a big turkey dinner, along with sweet potato pie.  She normally does ham for Christmas, but the kids and I convinced her to do turkey and it was a darn fine turkey.  I've already picked the leftovers and have enough for several days of yummy cold turkey sandwiches.

I also have four days off in a row!  No USMC duties, nothing that should intrude on the family and I for four days.  It's glorious.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 08:29:13 AM »

You've earned it, boss.  Kick back, relax, and enjoy some time with the kids . . . and maybe a little B-movie cheese!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 09:17:30 AM »

I haven't gotten all my gifts, yet.  I'm supposed to get a couple from my brothers, but god knows when those'll get in because all the snow has kept them from shopping.  Anyway, I got:

DVD's:
Toxic Avenger, Garbage Pail Kids the Movie, Gothika, and Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3

Games:
Dragon Quest Swords, Fable 2, Grand Theft Auto 4, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey

Other stuff:
2 pairs of sleep pants, gift cards to Hastings (total of $35, plus I can trade in some crap movies I want to get rid of, which will probably get me another $10), stocking stuffers (candy, etc), a Jason action figure that broke as I got it out of the package, and $25 cash from my niece, and she said to only use it on B-movies.  

I'm so p**sed about the Jason figure breaking at the hip!  I'm going to try to glue it later.  I actually have to work tonight from 9 PM to 6 AM.  Damn Wal-Mart!  I have to convert my department and the neighboring department over to the new set up.  All of our Christmas junk has to go on clearance and not be present in apparel at all, plus my fellow manager has to have her gift section (what they call a "hot spot" in Wal-Mart lingo) marked down and sent away from her department.  I'll laugh if our price change module failed to download again like it did for Black Friday.  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, what did everybody get for Christmas? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.