Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:51:03 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, what did everybody get for Christmas? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: So, what did everybody get for Christmas?  (Read 16605 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2008, 10:18:55 AM »

I got the same thing I always get - huge bucketloads of cash missing from my bank account, and a smiling wife and three smiling children  TeddyR  [sarcasm] I guess I get my joy from the giving, rather than the receiving [/sarcasm]  I dropped about a dozen hints that I would really like the "Are You Being Served?" DVD megaset, but instead I got three pairs of pants.  Oh well, you know...you can never have enough pants.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2008, 10:52:25 AM »

Whole hell of a lot of movies, just like I like it! Smile

Event Horizon
Suspiria
Phenomena
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage
Deep Red
Amelie
Delicatessan
All Quiet on the Western Front (1930)
Aguirre: The Wrath of God
Dead Heat
Pumpkinhead
Search and Destroy/The Glove

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »

I got EXACTLY what I wanted and exactly what I needed ... NOTHING other than the pleasure of seeing the joy on the faces of those I got stuff for, so I guess I got something after all, happiness which can't be bought.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 01:41:55 AM »

I got EXACTLY what I wanted and exactly what I needed ... NOTHING other than the pleasure of seeing the joy on the faces of those I got stuff for, so I guess I got something after all, happiness which can't be bought.
Uhm... nobody gave you no gift, your wife, your daughters...??  Question 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Susan
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2008, 03:07:22 AM »

uh, and the 2lb box of 70's candy went to my head. It was so much fun looking at all the nostalgic candy from my past. Bottle caps, pop rocks, dots, cinnamon gummy bears, root beer candy...I made a little video about it.

And no it's not a rickroll, although that might be more entertaining..lol

VIDEO Small | Large
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2008, 04:06:34 AM »

You really like those wax lips, don't you Susan?   
You look like Carly Simon with them on.   TeddyR
Susan
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2008, 04:17:42 AM »

You really like those wax lips, don't you Susan?   
You look like Carly Simon with them on.   TeddyR

yeah it was by far the coolest thing in the box because i don't remember them being that big when i was a kid. now they're angelina jolie size..

What was disappointing were the candy cigarettes. They were not like the ones that I had growing up with the hollow tube in the middle where the dust was that you could blow

what rat bastard decided to make it their moral obligation to ban those??
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 04:20:38 AM by Susan » Logged
Magnus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2008, 05:21:43 AM »

My wife and I focused on the kids.  My soon to be 8 y/o got a video camera so he can make the movie he keeps talking about.  He says that it will be a phenomena like Star Wars was. (He asked his grandmother for 50 Jedi costumes but she did not take him up on it) My 5 y/o daughter go ballet lessons, and the two of them got a wii.

Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2008, 10:20:02 AM »

Second load of swag...from the girlfriend and her family

50 movie pack -- Legends of Horror
Betty Crocker cook book
A pair of nice shirts that I have to go exchange (though I'm flattered my possibly-future-mother-in-law thinks I can squeeze into a Large)

my girlfriend's aunt and her life partner came to visit from Boston, and surprised me with a nice shirt that fit properly...how is it a woman who only met me once, at Easter, can shop for me more successfully than my mother can?

I'm going to count the delicious beef stew with dumplings as a gift.

Two books arrived late for me: "Monty Python, Shakespeare, and English Renaissance Drama" and "A Critical History and Filmography of Toho's Godzilla Series"

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2008, 10:30:08 AM »

I got a new Casio chronograph watch from my wife

Hopefully that's the replacement watch for the one you had the wasp accident with.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2008, 10:57:16 AM »

Which is what I asked for 'nothing' ... now they cooked and didn't argue with me about something stupid, so that could be considered a 'gift'. Living with all women can be a bit of a headache any day I'm headache/hassle free is a gift.

Susan
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2008, 11:15:08 AM »

Second load of swag...from the girlfriend and her family

my girlfriend's aunt and her life partner came to visit from Boston, and surprised me with a nice shirt that fit properly...how is it a woman who only met me once, at Easter, can shop for me more successfully than my mother can?

Mothers buy you what they think or wish you would wear/like. Women who don't know you have nothing to lose
Although i'm lucky with mine who gave up years ago when i was a teenager and now still includes stuff like barbarella in my gifts.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2008, 11:16:04 AM »

Betty Crocker cook book

nice

My best present was a scratch card that netted me 500$, the 2nd time this has happened to me
Javakoala
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2008, 11:16:52 AM »

uh, and the 2lb box of 70's candy went to my head. It was so much fun looking at all the nostalgic candy from my past. Bottle caps, pop rocks, dots, cinnamon gummy bears, root beer candy...I made a little video about it.

And no it's not a rickroll, although that might be more entertaining..lol

VIDEO

Must...Stop...Watching...Lady...Wearing...Wax...Lips.............
Susan
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2008, 11:17:26 AM »

Which is what I asked for 'nothing' ... now they cooked and didn't argue with me about something stupid, so that could be considered a 'gift'. Living with all women can be a bit of a headache any day I'm headache/hassle free is a gift.

Yeah we truly don't get you men. My mom year after year has bought what i thought were great gifts for dad, a chainsaw, a pc monitor. All which he returned because "the chainsaw i have works just fine". Jeez. So i just stick to the annual tin of popcorn and leave it to beaver dvd's..lol  If you make a wish list on amazon you'll be just fine
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, what did everybody get for Christmas? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.