Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:00:08 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, what did everybody get for Christmas? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: So, what did everybody get for Christmas?  (Read 16606 times)
Susan
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2008, 11:20:11 AM »

VIDEO

Must...Stop...Watching...Lady...Wearing...Wax...Lips.............

Yeah bad idea in retrospect, that's what happens when i get insomnia at 2am. It kinda reminds me of the killer klowns, i guess with the right fx and music that coulda been a horror video...
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2008, 12:12:41 PM »

VIDEO

Yeah bad idea in retrospect, that's what happens when i get insomnia at 2am. It kinda reminds me of the killer klowns, i guess with the right fx and music that coulda been a horror video...

I'm a bit jealous...candy cigs.  I remember the candy cigs that were chewing gum that would blow "smoke".  As for the lips, I thought you were Carly Simon for a minute.   Wink 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Susan
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2008, 01:04:07 PM »

VIDEO

I'm a bit jealous...candy cigs.  I remember the candy cigs that were chewing gum that would blow "smoke".  As for the lips, I thought you were Carly Simon for a minute.   Wink 

What's with you guys and carly simon? Buggedout
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2008, 01:12:51 PM »

I now have over 11 years worth of Judge Dredd comics!!!!!

YAY!!!!

I'm gonna be yellin' "I am the law!!!" at everyone I meet.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2008, 01:52:46 PM »

What was disappointing were the candy cigarettes. They were not like the ones that I had growing up with the hollow tube in the middle where the dust was that you could blow

what rat bastard decided to make it their moral obligation to ban those??

Candy cigarettes!  The most deliciously evil of candies! 

Per wikipedia, they are sometimes known as "sugar fags" in the UK  Buggedout

There's no ban on them in the US, I think the market just dropped out when people turned against smoking.  You can find a number of different brands for sale via the Internet.

I don't remember a hollow tube with dust you could blow.  I didn't have them often, but I seem to remember the ones I had  were just pure solid sugar cylinders.  No real taste to them, it was just the novelty of having something forbidden to kids.  I remember just putting them in my mouth and trying to fool other kids into thinking they were really cigarettes.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Susan
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2008, 02:15:07 PM »

There's no ban on them in the US, I think the market just dropped out when people turned against smoking.  You can find a number of different brands for sale via the Internet.

I don't remember a hollow tube with dust you could blow.  I didn't have them often, but I seem to remember the ones I had  were just pure solid sugar cylinders.  No real taste to them, it was just the novelty of having something forbidden to kids.  I remember just putting them in my mouth and trying to fool other kids into thinking they were really cigarettes.

Yeah there was a variety where you could blow the smoke out, those were the best ones. You only got one real puff tho and they might have been the bubble gum ones. And don't they knjow it wasn't candy cigarettes that later turned me on to smoking.

It was judd nelson ;-)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2008, 02:41:54 PM »

Yeah there was a variety where you could blow the smoke out, those were the best ones. You only got one real puff tho and they might have been the bubble gum ones. And don't they knjow it wasn't candy cigarettes that later turned me on to smoking.

It was judd nelson ;-)

It was beer that turned me on to smoking.   Wink 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2008, 02:58:57 PM »

uh, and the 2lb box of 70's candy went to my head. It was so much fun looking at all the nostalgic candy from my past. Bottle caps, pop rocks, dots, cinnamon gummy bears, root beer candy...I made a little video about it.

And no it's not a rickroll, although that might be more entertaining..lol

VIDEO

Ever gotten Pop Rocks to make sparks in your mouth?  I seem to recall that you could get some visible light from the reaction if you dumped the whole packet in your mouth in a dark room.  But maybe that's just fond recall.
Susan
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2008, 03:12:49 PM »

uh, and the 2lb box of 70's candy went to my head. It was so much fun looking at all the nostalgic candy from my past. Bottle caps, pop rocks, dots, cinnamon gummy bears, root beer candy...I made a little video about it.

And no it's not a rickroll, although that might be more entertaining..lol

VIDEO

Ever gotten Pop Rocks to make sparks in your mouth?  I seem to recall that you could get some visible light from the reaction if you dumped the whole packet in your mouth in a dark room.  But maybe that's just fond recall.

no, but i do remember doing it with those mint lifesavers. the thing about pop rocks is they never put enough in the bag. and nothing was worse then when i lived overseas and they would all stick together because of the humidity and lose their pop
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2008, 03:17:24 PM »

That was it!  The mint livesavers.

Lessee... I got... a fan for my xbox, iTunes gift card, amazon gift certificate, a bag of Twizzlers, and a few other little things. 

I didn't get the Kiss Kasket or the Ween coloring book, though.  Or that Metallica light plate.  Or the Prince cologne, dammit.

http://www.avclub.com/content/feature/your_favorite_band_s
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2008, 07:56:21 PM »

Lessee... I got... a fan for my xbox,

Hey, I got a fan for my stereo receiver! 

Fans must be the "hot" item this year.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 07:59:21 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Susan
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2008, 08:14:25 PM »

I also forgot to mention one of my gifts came in one of these boxes:

The sad part is vs relief of that not being the actual gift i was a little bummed when i lifted the flap and saw the "Gotcha!" written on it, that i wasn't getting a pet feeding docking station after all  Lookingup
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2008, 08:26:27 PM »

I actually forgot to list that we also received a new food processor and a coffee machine that makes the coffee below.

http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2008, 02:06:21 PM »

Seriously, who wouldn't want a Kiss Kasket?
Especially when, according to the band, it could be used as a cooler for party drinks?

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2008, 02:12:08 PM »

I already posted about my new TV

My son got me the complete X-Files collection (all 9 seasons and the first movie).  I got him a disc world book and calendar signed by Terry Pratchett.

I got my daughter a new HP laptop in hopes she'll finally find a grad school to go to and move out.  Got the wife a new heated mattress cover and a digital camera of her own.

I also got two new Hallmark Star Trek ornaments to add to my collection,  the USS Reliant, and a TOS communicator.  My wife also got me 6 new undershirts to replace the ones with the hideous under arm stains.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 02:45:19 PM by Trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, what did everybody get for Christmas? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.