Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:07:25 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Creature from the Haunted Sea « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Creature from the Haunted Sea  (Read 24849 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 27, 2008, 01:55:28 PM »

In the b-movie world, there are very few creations that hold a candle to the Creature from the Haunted Sea.  A platypus is a work of art compared to that thing.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 02:35:18 PM »

Ugh, what a painful, painful experience.  It's remarkable that Charles Griffith could write such a quality, humorous script for LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS and follow it up with this lame attempt at humor.  It felt like when he ran out of ideas, he just decided to introduce another "crazy" character.  The worst is the guy who speaks only in animal calls.  Absolutely the only highlight is that ridiculous sea monster with the ping-pong ball eyes.  Some feature movies would have worked better as shorts; this one would have worked better as a still.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 06:42:38 PM »

Wasn't Corman working on something else at the time, and he decided with some of production gear he would make this movie in a few days for the hell of it?

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 01:39:45 PM »

Well what do you know!  I recongize this movie!  One of the scenes was shown in the opening of Maclom in the Middle.  Why would a good show want to have a connection this movie?  On the review itself, not bad
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 05:40:05 PM by InformationGeek » Logged

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 02:26:14 PM »

Wasn't Corman working on something else at the time, and he decided with some of production gear he would make this movie in a few days for the hell of it?

Doesn't that describe about 1/2 of all Corman productions? 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Erskine
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 11:08:19 AM »

Is it just me, or does the critter look like Homer Simpson? 

Mr. Sparkle's long lost brother, perhaps...?
DavidFullam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 12:13:02 PM »

Is it just me, or does the critter look like Homer Simpson? 

Mr. Sparkle's long lost brother, perhaps...?

You are so right! Mistera Sparko!!!
peter johnson

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 01:42:02 PM »

I actually enjoy this film and find the humor, well, funny -- It's sort of like MAD Magazine on film -- surrender to the corn!!
The film being worked on at the same time was "Little Shop of Horrors", hence the same writer.
I'm not going to convince anyone verbally that the film is worth watching, despite the review here, so I'll just say give it a chance.  I laughed more at this than I did at "The Devil Wears Prada", which was also an alleged comedy.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 06:21:28 PM »

The film being worked on at the same time was "Little Shop of Horrors", hence the same writer.

Actually, I believe that this was made as an add-on to "The Last Woman on Earth" (also shot in Puerto Rico) when they finished filming that movie and had a few days left over.  Checking Bill Warren's "Keep Watching the Skies!" book on science fiction films, the entry on page 503 confirms this.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Torgo

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 11:36:27 PM »

Wow...............I don't know if I should seek this one out or just run the other direction in complete fear.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Flangepart

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 05:49:01 PM »

Actually, I believe that this was made as an add-on to "The Last Woman on Earth" (also shot in Puerto Rico) when they finished filming that movie and had a few days left over.  Checking Bill Warren's "Keep Watching the Skies!" book on science fiction films, the entry on page 503 confirms this.
Ah, that explains the female lead.
I had fun riffing this one. Man, when 'monkey boy' met up with 'Large barge', the first though came to mind was "Lord, don't let them breed!"  But Hey, Its a Corman flick...I expected any letter other then B?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 05:51:00 PM by Flangepart » Logged

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 07:52:10 PM »

I posted about this a long time ago  http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,89833.0.html

I can't remember about the murder by toilet plunger remark I made about it. Guess I'll have to give it another look.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Hoomi
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 03:27:13 PM »

Okay; maybe it's terrible to say, but in the video clip you posted, it almost looks like the bug-eyed sea monster is making whoopie with the scuba diver.

Maybe that old line about men is also true about sea monsters.  They're either hungry or horny, and since the victim was just released to float away when the monster was done, I don't think it was hunger...

Lloyd Bridges never had to deal with that on Sea Hunt...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 11:40:57 AM »

when you get towards the end, it gets funny BounceGiggle TeddyR

yeah no.
marcus
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 01:10:19 PM »

This is one of those film's that when you get up from your chair after watching you say ' that's a relief!'.
I found this about as painful as two other of Roger Corman's films;
SWAMP WOMEN, THE VIKING WOMEN & THE SEA SERPENT. ( check them out if your a masochist ) blisteringly bad.
The whole story is a complete waste of time, with irritating characters involved.
The only light relief is when ' quite possibly the WORST monster created in cinematic history' appears.
What is that supposed to be?.
It left some of us with our mouths wide open, ( possibly asleep by then ) and the rest of us rolling about in fits of uncontrolled laughter.
Don't tell me they're going to remake this thing soon!!.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Creature from the Haunted Sea « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.