Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:34:00 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  What movie is there that you think NOBODY hates? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Author Topic: What movie is there that you think NOBODY hates?  (Read 73201 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2009, 09:04:46 PM »

The Shining

I don't know about hate, but I don't like it.  The only scene that comes even close to working is the dead woman in the bathtub.  The rest of the movie is an utter bomb.

Spider-Man 2

Hate it.

Doc Ock was in this for, what, five minutes?  The rest of it was Peter Parker: Stressed Individual.  He stressed over his financial situation.  He stressed over his relationship with Mary  Jane.  He stressed over his powers.  He stressed over everything under the sun.  The whole movie felt like a big "f**k you", IMHO, deliberately designed to be unsatisfying.

2001: A Space Odyssey
Hate it.

Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece of long, static shots of spaceship models.  All right, Stanley.  The spaceship models are really freaking cool.  Fine.  Great.  Now point the camera at something -- anything -- else.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2009, 09:36:51 PM »

The Shining

I don't know about hate, but I don't like it.  The only scene that comes even close to working is the dead woman in the bathtub.  The rest of the movie is an utter bomb.

Spider-Man 2

Hate it.

Doc Ock was in this for, what, five minutes?  The rest of it was Peter Parker: Stressed Individual.  He stressed over his financial situation.  He stressed over his relationship with Mary  Jane.  He stressed over his powers.  He stressed over everything under the sun.  The whole movie felt like a big "f**k you", IMHO, deliberately designed to be unsatisfying.

Hate it.

Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece of long, static shots of spaceship models.  All right, Stanley.  The spaceship models are really freaking cool.  Fine.  Great.  Now point the camera at something -- anything -- else.

Wow. I HAVE to give you karma for hating 2 of my favorite movies of all time-Kubricks the SHINING and 2001. Wow. You,sir,are an
original!  Thumbup

Gotta agree on the SPIDERMAN flik,though.

As for a film I think everbody likes...but knowing this board...well...AH HA! I would LOVE to hear an against! Those make me pleasantly surprized!

LAWRENCE of ARABIA!!!

Small | Large

I know...it's an Acadamy award winning movie (Hangs head in shame) but  I LOVE IT!

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 09:51:19 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2009, 11:38:08 PM »

2001: A Space Odyssey.  Hate it.  Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece of long, static shots of spaceship models.  All right, Stanley.  The spaceship models are really freaking cool.  Fine.  Great.  Now point the camera at something -- anything -- else.
Wow. I HAVE to give you karma for hating 2 of my favorite movies of all time-Kubricks the SHINING and 2001. Wow. You,sir,are an
original!  Gotta agree on the SPIDERMAN flik,though.

As for a film I think everbody likes...but knowing this board...well...AH HA! I would LOVE to hear an against! Those make me pleasantly surprized!

LAWRENCE of ARABIA!!!  I know...it's an Acadamy award winning movie (Hangs head in shame) but  I LOVE IT!
One of my favorite movies... DAVID LEAN's masterpiece of long, static shots of the desert...  BounceGiggle  I hated 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY the first time I saw it, but I wasn't yet ready for a "tone poem"  Wink  Now I love it. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
darthchicken
Bad Movie Lover

"If my rhyme was a drug, I'd sell it by the gram"

« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2009, 10:16:18 PM »

Metropolis?

"His coconut gun can fire in spurts. If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!" - James Madison
Hammock Rider

« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2009, 12:56:58 PM »

Who doesn't love The Right Stuff?

Small | Large

Small | Large

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2009, 09:41:15 AM »

Schindler's List- Personally, I haven't seen it, but everybody I know says how wonderful it is.
Ten Commandments- Haven't heard anyone say they hate it.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2009, 09:07:38 PM »

I can assure you I know someone who disliked 99% of the films listed so far including Jaws. I married her. She hates most good films. Unless it's a lame comedy or has Julia Roberts in it, she will often declare it to be crap. Thankfully I got multiple TVs, DVD players and a DVR to record get movies and programs to watch when she is either asleep or at work.
So list all the films you want, I can assure you that unless it sucks, odds are she hates it.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Woodwoman
New Visitor

« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2009, 03:07:04 PM »

Never seen it, but according to MST3K and my Cinema/Society teacher, its bad.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2009, 03:24:12 PM »

I can assure you I know someone who disliked 99% of the films listed so far including Jaws. I married her. She hates most good films. Unless it's a lame comedy or has Julia Roberts in it, she will often declare it to be crap. Thankfully I got multiple TVs, DVD players and a DVR to record get movies and programs to watch when she is either asleep or at work.
So list all the films you want, I can assure you that unless it sucks, odds are she hates it.

I've got a Julia Roberts movie for her: Closer. Has Jude Law in it too, so you'd think that's a guaranteed chick-flick winner. But this is one damned depressing movie. You end up hating all these people, including Julia. I suppose that makes it "art".

She can't really hate Henry Fonda, can she (12 Angry Men was one of the suggestions)? How about Spencer's Mountain, which was the original movie adaptation of Earl Hamner's stuff before "The Waltons" came out on TV? Doesn't get much more heartwarming than that.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2009, 03:26:14 PM »

To Kill A Mockingbird...has that been mentioned ?

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #160 on: February 13, 2009, 09:12:02 PM »

To Kill A Mockingbird...has that been mentioned ?
Not a big fan...the kids creep me out man. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2009, 02:43:22 AM »

I've got a Julia Roberts movie for her: Closer. Has Jude Law in it too, so you'd think that's a guaranteed chick-flick winner. But this is one damned depressing movie. You end up hating all these people, including Julia. I suppose that makes it "art".

She can't really hate Henry Fonda, can she (12 Angry Men was one of the suggestions)? How about Spencer's Mountain, which was the original movie adaptation of Earl Hamner's stuff before "The Waltons" came out on TV? Doesn't get much more heartwarming than that.

Actually she liked Closer. She is on her third copy of Steel Magnolias right now. She thinks Julia Roberts can do no wrong when it comes to her talentless acting. She hates 12 Angry Men cause it's "old and boring". I tried to watch it once on TCM and all she did was complain until I changed channels. She also dislikes Spencer's Mountain. Even when I pointed out it was Earl Hamner's stuff she didn't care cause it wasn't "John Boy" that she grew up watching.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2009, 08:04:46 AM »

The Fly (1986)

Good characters, story, gore.

Great ending, doesn't go on for too long. I like that.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2009, 03:01:08 PM »

The Warriors Thumbup

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2009, 03:20:21 PM »

The Warriors Thumbup

I would hate The Warriors if I wasn't so busy laughing at it. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  What movie is there that you think NOBODY hates? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.