Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:21:24 PM
714158 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Madoff's stolen statue returned — with a 'lesson' « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Madoff's stolen statue returned — with a 'lesson'  (Read 3502 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: January 02, 2009, 12:18:47 AM »

I post this story here because of the amount of Madoff's theft, though this almost belongs in Weird News Stories.  It's name is pronounced (supposedly) "may-doffLookingup  It will always be MAD off  to me.   Hatred  Now this one for the moment is the king-of-all-media-skin-bag-full-of-sh!t

Madoff's stolen statue returned — with a 'lesson'  

PALM BEACH, Fla. – Thieves calling themselves "The Educators" have returned a statue stolen from disgraced investment guru Bernie Madoff. And they hope he's learned his lesson.

The Palm Beach Post reports that the $10,000 copper sculpture turned up Wednesday near the country club Madoff (MAY'-dawf) belonged to.

A note attached read: "Bernie the Swindler, Lesson: Return stolen property to rightful owners. Signed by — The Educators."

The statue was reported missing Dec. 22, about a week after the Wall Street money manager was arrested on charges he bilked investors out of more than $50 billion. His clients included major banks, charities and retirees...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090101/ap_on_re_us/madoff_statue 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 08:35:45 AM »

It really pi$$es me off that's he's under house arrest in his $70 million apartment.  If I stole a Ferrari, would they let me keep driving it around until the date of my trial arrived?  They should toss him in the general population at Sing Sing, let him be somebody's b***h until his trial date.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 02:30:04 PM »

It really pi$$es me off that's he's under house arrest in his $70 million apartment.  If I stole a Ferrari, would they let me keep driving it around until the date of my trial arrived?  They should toss him in the general population at Sing Sing, let him be somebody's b***h until his trial date.

Do you really think the general prison population is going to care that he ripped off a bunch of rich folks. he may be held as a hero ... what ticks me off is the Government offering to bail them out too. Just because they got ripped off (sorry for ya) doesn't mean they deserve a tax payer funded bailout of any amount. Jeez know who you are investing with ... read the fine print "Some people will and do loss money."
I don't even want to think about how much money I've lost in the past year ... where the hell is my bailout?

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Madoff's stolen statue returned — with a 'lesson' « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.