Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:45:53 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Places You've Seen Or Been Featured In Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Places You've Seen Or Been Featured In Movies  (Read 14435 times)
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2009, 01:18:52 PM »

You should watch at least an episode or 2 of Boston Legal, if for no other reason than to find out why I sign off . . .

peter johnson/DENNY CRANE!!

I have no idea what this means.
Jim H

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2009, 01:23:26 PM »

Perfect topic, as I recently saw the terrible Sci Fi original Showdown at Area 51.  Much of this was filmed in Missouri.  Best part: at the end they go into this underground abandoned "alien" place, and it's clearly the City Museum in St. Louis!  It's cool looking, but in a movie like this, comes across as tacky.  It's this big museum with these giant kind of creepy looking metal slides, a carved cave with a dragon built into the wall (which you can see in the film), airplanes wired up that you can climb into, etc.  But yeah, VERY clearly the City Museum, they didn't even add anything except a cheap "alien" artifact.  Pretty funny.

Small | Large
Wag
Bad Movie Lover

It's a real cat and carrot situation

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 01:33:20 PM »

Living in the England, I too can make a claim to 28 Days Later - I have been on a stretch of motorway they drive down (there's a sign that points to Preston on the motorway which is almost where I live).

Also, I live maybe 10 minutes drive away from Stonyhurst College, which features in Three Men And A Little Lady

As well as this, the area in which I live, known as the Ribble Valley is thought to have been the inspiration for Tolkien's Middle Earth, and therefore the Lord Of The Rings trilogy

Where the hell is that soothing music coming from?
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2009, 03:56:54 PM »

They actually filmed part of that Home of the Brave movie on my street a few years ago.  They sent us fliers asking us to park in our lawns, which I did, and then one of the crew blocked my car in by parking in front of my lawn.  I was steaming p**sed, especially since I was working a late shift that day, plus my roommate had to get to work.  She went and chewed them a little, and they were pretty compliant.  Argh! 
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2009, 09:02:40 AM »

As mentioned, it is almost cheating to mention a city like Toronto as it is so often used but:  I was walking home after a night class at university one dark evening and saw them filming behind the main library (affectionately known at the time as "Fort Book" - rather a futurisitic-looking edifice).  Turned out to be "Starship Invasions" starring Robert Vaughn and Christopher Lee.  I have held special affection for that film ever since.

It is fun to spot distinctive and familiar buildings in film and TV.  The University is used a lot.

There is a restored train station in a park near here that was regularly used in the Anne of Green Gables TV series.  I have ridden the trails there on my horses - it's a bit of a giggle to ride by and see tourists snapping pic's.

More recently: we have an old airport in our small town, complete with old hangars and grass runways.  It was used last year in the filming of "Amelia" with Richard Gere and Hilary Swank - both of whom stayed in town for a day or two at local B and B's.  Lots of locals were cast as extras - the whole town went ga-ga for weeks.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2009, 05:34:53 PM »

Me and a friend went to the actual convenience store where "Clerks" was filmed, which is in Red Bank, NJ. Its not much to look at, really. Another friend, who works at Temple College, claims that part of the Avatar movie is or was being filmed there.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2009, 08:32:10 PM »

Clean and Sober- 1989 movie starring Michael Keaton.  Filmed a scene or two in the church/parochial school I attended for several years.  Kinda cool.

The Lovely Bones- 2009 movie starring Mark Whalberg and Susan Sarandon.  There's several scenes taking place in a mall.  The scenes were filmed in a pretty much abandoned mall in my area.  The mall now has about two stores in it.  So they just took the abandoned/empty stores, remodeled them, and filmed their scenes there.  I actually went in after the filming, and the fronts were still how they had them modeled for the movie.  Brought back memories, though, as it was a mall I spent a good portion of my youth.

Invincible- Another Mark Whalberg movie.  This is the movie about the Philadelphia Eagles player Vince Papale and the story of how he went from working in a bar in a small suburb of Philly to being on the team.  Several scenes were filmed minutes from my job.  Kinda fun.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Places You've Seen Or Been Featured In Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.