Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:43:45 PM
714250 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Whats Your Favorite Sandwich? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Whats Your Favorite Sandwich?  (Read 16511 times)
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 12:03:44 PM »

For me, either turkey or roast beef.  For the former, I like to have onions, olives, lettuce, and American cheese, along with honey mustard and sweet onion sauce.  For the latter, I like the same veggies, but mayo and chipotle sauce on it, with plenty of ground black pepper.

Mmm...
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 12:08:04 PM »

Like others here, I've got to go with the classics: A Reuben, a cheesesteak (now that I live in Philly I can get the real thing), a roast beef with swiss on rye, or sometimes just your basic cheeseburger. With all of the above you have to have quality ingredients, a good cheese, and a good bread. Except the cheesesteak. Some purists claim you have to have cheap, greasy meat for a real cheesesteak.

If you're ever in France, I highly recommend the "croque monsieur". It's a grilled ham and cheese with white sauce. Really good cheese. Really good ham. Really good sauce. You can get these sometimes in some French-style cafes here (USA) but they'll charge you at least $8-10 or more for them. The real thing is street food. First time I had it was in Paris in 2000, and it was the same price most places as a cup of that good French coffee, at the time about 10 francs (about $1.50 then).

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 12:44:33 PM »

A big old handful of whatever sandwich meat is in the refrigerator - put that on one slice of bread, some sliced cheese on another - put that in the toaster over.  When it's done, put some lettuce and mayo on it.  That's my typical sandwich, with some olives on the side.

Also like grilled cheese, American or Cheddar cheese on white bread, add about 1/4 stick butter for frying.

Braunschweiger on dark German rye, that's another favorite.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 12:49:27 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 01:31:59 PM »

Ploughman's: Cheese, lettuce, pickle and tomato on white bread.  Smile

Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 03:21:58 PM »

I've got two - Thanksgiving on a roll (turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gravy) and the Monte Cristo, but the MC has to be made with french toast as the bread and 1000 island dressing on the side. Mmmmm, mmmm! TeddyR

Amazing.. those are my favorites, but a Monte Crosto MUST have jam for dippin. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 05:24:06 PM »

If I'm making sandwiches for myself, I like to do a grilled cheese made with sourdough, cheddar cheese, pepperjack, ham, and the bread dusted with chili pepper as it's cooking.  Once it's cooked, a little spicy brown mustard drizzled over the top is a must. 

Grilled cheese with bacon on it is also good. 

At the little mom and pop eatery I frequent on campus, I always get the "Meat Maniac" which is basically a cheesesteak with au jus and about a pound and a half of beef. 

Perkins has a great sandwich I get every time I'm there, consisting of chicken fingers, pepper jack cheese and bacon on sourdough, with salsa for dipping. 

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 06:54:50 PM »

I find that for a basic grilled cheese, my usual rules about quality ingredients go out the window. I like a grilled cheese made with ordinary processed cheese slices (AKA American cheese) and a generous application of margarine to the outside for frying. Cut it in half diagonally and put a big glob of ketchup on the plate for dipping. Might be because that's the way my mom made them when I was a kid in need of cheap and easy lunches. A grilled cheese with processed cheese and ketchup is pure comfort food.

It's funny, because I don't use processed cheese much, but it can't be beat in grilled cheese, cheeseburgers or hot dogs.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 07:30:40 PM »

I've got two - Thanksgiving on a roll (turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gravy) and the Monte Cristo, but the MC has to be made with french toast as the bread and 1000 island dressing on the side. Mmmmm, mmmm! TeddyR

Amazing.. those are my favorites, but a Monte Crosto MUST have jam for dippin. 
-Ed

With jam? You intrigue me Sir. Any particular flavor of jam you recommend Ed? I may just have to give it a try this weekend...

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 09:27:59 PM »

I love a Philly cheesesteak, but it's not my favorite sandwhich from that Philly area.  Give me a meatball grinder, with crusty bread, a thick marinara, provolone and Romano cheese and I'm in heaven!  Nobody outside of the Philly area can seem to get this simple sandwich anywhere close to right.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 10:12:21 PM »

Like others here, I've got to go with the classics: A Reuben, a cheesesteak (now that I live in Philly I can get the real thing), a roast beef with swiss on rye, or sometimes just your basic cheeseburger. With all of the above you have to have quality ingredients, a good cheese, and a good bread. Except the cheesesteak. Some purists claim you have to have cheap, greasy meat for a real cheesesteak.

I pose this question: Geno's or Pat's?

I'm just playing, G. TeddyR

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Wortcov
Bad Movie Lover

the High Inquisitor of bath and wells

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 01:21:39 AM »

I can't understand that I forgot about my 2 other favorites, Pickled herring and Christmas ham with mustard,
the two most tasty things from Sweden( not on the same sandwich...or maybe that would work  Buggedout)
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 10:09:58 AM »

I pose this question: Geno's or Pat's?

Geno's is crap. One of those places that calls themselves famous, so the food actually isn't that great. (Kind of like Lindy's Famous Cheesecake in NYC). Definitely set up to attract the tourist trade. I've never tried Pat's.

There's a place called Jim's Steaks a few blocks north of both of those, on South Street, that's pretty good.

The Inquirer (local paper) did a search for the best cheesesteak a few years ago. I don't know if Geno's or Pat's even cracked the top 10. The winner was some hole in the wall by Interstate 95, as I recall, somewhere way south in South Philly.

Change of subject/sandwich: I did a Scary Thing this morning. I'm dieting (dammit, I started this before New Years. I refuse to be a cliche. So stop laughing), so I brought home my favorite breakfast sandwich from my neighborhood diner and took it apart to see just how bad for me it is. I always knew it was a cholesterol/fat bomb, but this is ridiculous. For your edification, I bring you the Morton Monster:
  2 slices of texas toast (that's extra thick white bread)
  5 slices of bacon
  1 sausage patty, 2 oz cooked weight
  2 scrambled eggs
  1-2 oz melted "cheese" substance

I think that's about a day and half worth of the protein and fat I'm allowed. I'm almost afraid to do an actual calorie count.

Had a conversation one morning with another guy who was ordering one of these.
    Him: "One of these days I'm going to come in and eat four of these."
    Me: "They're good, but you'd probably drop dead of a heart attack on the spot."
    Him: "Yeah, but what a way to go."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 12:43:48 PM »

With jam? You intrigue me Sir. Any particular flavor of jam you recommend Ed? I may just have to give it a try this weekend...

I'm all for Raspberry.  ITs slightly more tart than most other ones...plum might fly but thats just a guess.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 03:37:21 PM »

Aside from the local favorite, BBQ Mutton, Pork or Chicken with a good vinegar based sauce and slaw. I always like a good Reuben, a real one with true brine corned beef and fresh homemade sauerkraut with a thick slice of swiss.

Any sandwich really will do, BLT's in the summer are great with homegrown tomatoes and lettuce and thick locally made smoked bacon, but I guess the very best sandwiches I eat are those I don't have to make. They always taste better when one of the girls say "Here Dad I made you a sandwich." Those are the best ones.

I'm not all that picky about types of food just the quality of the ingredients.

Torgo

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 05:43:26 PM »

My favorite is a Reuben with a Chicken Club following a close second.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Whats Your Favorite Sandwich? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.