Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:10:57 PM
714238 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Its 2:26am and I am being driven nuts by a dripping sound...... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Its 2:26am and I am being driven nuts by a dripping sound......  (Read 3032 times)
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« on: January 04, 2009, 09:32:06 PM »

I have had an awful cough the last few days when seems to have caused my insomnia to get worse. Now someone has not fully turned off a tap and the walls are bloody thin. I have dosed up on cold and flu stuff.

Its too late to go knocking considering lectures start up again tomorrow. My cough finally died to a rare event this evening and then I noticed the dripping sound. I have played 2 CD's to drown out the noise but I can not play too loudly.

This feels insane. Last night I tried reading which resulted in having no effect to my state of totally lack of tiredness to 7am when I dropped off to sleep to wake up at 1pm. I have tried the skip a night a few times this holiday and attempting a normal jump start to a sleeping routine.

Nothing seems to work.

Sorry for the rant but I feel like I am going nuts in my room. Damn halls if only they had noise reducing walls rather than these paper thin jokes where you can hear what people are doing around you.

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 09:35:57 PM »

I'm guessing you're British... Smile

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 09:39:17 PM »

Good guess old chap. Would you like a cup of tea?  Smile

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 09:43:23 PM »

Would it be too rude to go and ask them to turn off the tap at this time of night?

Saying that it could be a pipe in one of the walls which has started making an awful sound since I have been away over the holidays.

I am going to make a make shift bed the other side of the room its the only way I will get any sleep tonight.

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 09:44:29 PM »

It's 2:44 am at posting this, so I'm guessing you're from the same country as the times are similar.

Man, I'm just like Morse. TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 09:46:22 PM »

I just can't sleep personally. I lay in for too long this morning and I don't really need the rest right now.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 09:46:57 PM »

Ha ha a night time Sherlock.

I don't believe I am being kept awake by a tap..... (or possibly a pipe but pretty sure its a dripping tap)

Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 09:49:12 PM »

I just can't sleep personally. I lay in for too long this morning and I don't really need the rest right now.

I know how you feel.

Over Xmas I had insomina, colds and this cough thing which seems to be getting worse. So my sleep pattern has been shot to hell.

Still I got lectures at 4pm-6pm tomorrow so I could risk an early morning nap but I may skip tonight and hope what ever that sound is wont be there tomorrow night.

JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 10:01:28 PM »

Yes, lectures do need your undivided attention. My sleep patterns are a little irregular as my shift times can vary between morning stars-early evening finishes and latish afternoon starts and late-night vinishes.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 12:04:29 AM »

Good guess old chap. Would you like a cup of tea?  Smile

I thought it was a 'Spot' of tea. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 08:53:04 AM »

Yes, lectures do need your undivided attention. My sleep patterns are a little irregular as my shift times can vary between morning stars-early evening finishes and latish afternoon starts and late-night vinishes.

I managed to get a few hours sleep.

It seems I may only have 1 lecture this evening thanks to the end of semester coming up with 3 weeks of exams (I have 2 exams with a lot of free time. I call it B movie week.  Cheers

JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 02:59:25 PM »

I must admit, I did watch a heck of a lot of bad movies when I was a student. Monster or Sci-Fi type pictures mainly.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 03:13:32 PM »

I have alot of trouble sleeping. I usually average about 5-6 hours a night.

I say you go and murder whoever has the dripping tap, with a very rusty knife.  TeddyR

JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 08:24:21 PM »

And remember, plead Insanity. You've got excellent grounds to use that defence.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Its 2:26am and I am being driven nuts by a dripping sound...... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.