Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:48:28 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  That time of year again... let's nominate the WORST movies of 2008 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: That time of year again... let's nominate the WORST movies of 2008  (Read 8051 times)
the master
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 11:27:55 PM »

I will third th clone wars made me almost hate star wars. I took a girl to it and she dosnt seem to talk to me as much as she used to.
Javakoala
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 11:35:14 AM »

I nominate "The Strangers".  Gawd-awful piece of burning fecal matter dumped on humanity.  It should have been restricted to trailer trash and labeled as how-to film on how to treat your trailer trash kin.  At least it would have served a purpose.
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 08:47:02 PM »

Ozzymandias speaks: Babylon A.D.  I was confused from start to finish. It was on a double bill with Dark Knight, which I didn't like either, but Dark Knight made sense.

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2008, 02:10:18 PM »

Thought I'd give this a final bump in case anyone still wants to add something, then close nominations and create the final poll tomorrow.

There are a few titles I'm a little suprised are missing: THE DARK KNIGHT (I liked it a lot, but some here despise it) and AN AMERICAN CAROL (haven't seen it but it wasn't exactly popular in these parts).

So far the nominees for worst movie of 2008 are:

THE HAPPENING (dogget)
AVPR: ALIEN VS. PREDATOR - REQUIEM (dogget)
SAW V (Mr. Briggs)
LAKEVIEW TERRACE (Akiraturbo)
HOUSE (Akiraturbo)
BANGKOK DANGEROUS (Rat-Bat-Spider)
STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS (Akiraturbo)
FUNNY GAMES (Akiraturbo)
MEET DAVE (Anubis von Mojo)
INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL (Anubis von Mojo)
WANTED (Circus Circus)
THE STRANGERS (Javakoala)
BABYLON A.D. (Ozzymandias)

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2008, 03:05:41 PM »

Correction: I did not nominate Funny Games (whatever that is) or Clone Wars.

I liked Clone Wars.

I'm surprised TDK didn't make it, either.  Then again, I probably hate it more than anyone else here, and even I don't think it was the "worst" I saw in 2008.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2008, 04:12:33 PM »

I can see that most of the movies nominated here could very well be bad.  Thankfully, I caught the hint that they would be and avoided them as such.  The movie I wasn't able to escape, however, that I thought sucked more than Kirby at a food bank was Baby Mama.  Yes, I hated Baby Mama.  I usually don't mind Amy Poehler, though she can be very grating.  I found her performance too annoying to be funny.  I understand the annoyance was supposed to be part of her character, the annoyance factor greatly outweighed the comedy on her part.  On the other hand, you have Tina Fey, who damn near saved the movie, except that there were a few scenes where I thought she was going to nail a really good joke, and screwed up enough that it really didn't elevate the movie any higher. 

Still, I did chuckle pretty good when Poehler said, "Oh my god!  It feels like I'm s****ing a knife!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 05:30:11 PM »

Correction: I did not nominate Funny Games (whatever that is) or Clone Wars.

I liked Clone Wars.

I'm surprised TDK didn't make it, either.  Then again, I probably hate it more than anyone else here, and even I don't think it was the "worst" I saw in 2008.

Sorry, those were nominated by Rat-Bat-Spider.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 05:31:16 PM »

I can see that most of the movies nominated here could very well be bad.  Thankfully, I caught the hint that they would be and avoided them as such.  The movie I wasn't able to escape, however, that I thought sucked more than Kirby at a food bank was Baby Mama.  Yes, I hated Baby Mama.  I usually don't mind Amy Poehler, though she can be very grating.  I found her performance too annoying to be funny.  I understand the annoyance was supposed to be part of her character, the annoyance factor greatly outweighed the comedy on her part.  On the other hand, you have Tina Fey, who damn near saved the movie, except that there were a few scenes where I thought she was going to nail a really good joke, and screwed up enough that it really didn't elevate the movie any higher. 

Still, I did chuckle pretty good when Poehler said, "Oh my god!  It feels like I'm s****ing a knife!"

Added BABY MAMA.  That was one of those movies I would never watch unless someone forced it on me. 

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2008, 05:32:13 PM »

Thought I'd give this a final bump in case anyone still wants to add something, then close nominations and create the final poll tomorrow.

There are a few titles I'm a little suprised are missing: THE DARK KNIGHT (I liked it a lot, but some here despise it) and AN AMERICAN CAROL (haven't seen it but it wasn't exactly popular in these parts).

So far the nominees for worst movie of 2008 are:

THE HAPPENING (dogget)
AVPR: ALIEN VS. PREDATOR - REQUIEM (dogget)
SAW V (Mr. Briggs)
LAKEVIEW TERRACE (Akiraturbo)
HOUSE (Akiraturbo)
BANGKOK DANGEROUS (Rat-Bat-Spider)
STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS (Rat-Bat-Spider)
FUNNY GAMES (Rat-Bat-Spider)
MEET DAVE (Anubis von Mojo)
INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL (Anubis von Mojo)
WANTED (Circus Circus)
THE STRANGERS (Javakoala)
BABYLON A.D. (Ozzymandias)
BABY MAMA (Joe the Destroyer)

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 06:55:18 PM »

The only movie I saw in 08 was Prince Caspian and I enjoyed it.

Same here. I don't mean it was the only film I saw last year in the theater. I saw 14 more, but I did enjoy it, as much, if not more than the first one. But there will not be a third, which would have been "The Voyage of the Dawn Trader." With costs approaching $200 million, it was decided that the movie would not have recouped the costs it takes to make it.
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 08:00:48 PM »

If its not too late I'd like to nominate The Day The Earth Stood Still based on the inclusion of an annoying brat that I wanted to punch through the screen.

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
-----------------------------------------
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 12:43:36 PM »

Can I nominate Eagle Eye?
Stupid plot, bad acting, blatant ripoff of the Matrix, Enemy of the State, Wargames, the French Connection. The stupidest Evil Plan I've seen in a long time.
How many bad things can I say about this movie? It would take a whole 'nother thread.

Babies taste best.
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 01:30:09 PM »

One of the things that p**ses me off is when a movie has a big budget and great effects and is still a flying piece of crap. Look at Chronicles of Riddick.
Recently I saw a film called Mirror Mask. The cgi was amazing and really original in concept.
Unfortunately, the script stank from the bottom of the bowl and the acting was worse than anything in an Ed Wood movie.
Man, I hate that.

Babies taste best.
peter johnson

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 01:35:39 PM »

Good Gracious --
The script for Mirror Mask is by Neil Gaiman, one of the best writers of our time -- I didn't care much for it either, the first time I tried to watch it, but somehow the second time was the charm, as the script revealed some depth I'd missed the first time 'round.  Sometimes things are worth a second glance.  Also, I wonder if it's fair to be so critical of the acting, as there weren't that many human actors involved --
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  That time of year again... let's nominate the WORST movies of 2008 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.