Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:21:37 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Please help me find this old 60-70's kung fu movie!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Please help me find this old 60-70's kung fu movie!!  (Read 12774 times)
anthony
« on: January 08, 2009, 09:32:07 PM »

Here it is.  It's an old school kung-fu movie that I used to watch as a kid.  All I remember:  the main characters were 4 or 5 guys, each one had a special power.  Example - One had really powerful fingers, one could jump really high w/ powerful legs, another had an iron body, etc.  The part that sticks out the most is the very last fight - this guy gets kicked up into the rafters and his opponent runs up to him, does a full flip, and kicks this fools head off.  It is the BEST kung-fu movie I've ever watched.

My friend told me you guys were good, please help me find this movie.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 11:22:07 PM »

Possibly "Five Deadly Venoms" (1978) - definitely one of the classics.  Some of this matches, like five fighters who each have different powers.  Toad has iron skin and can punch hard, Scorpion is a powerful attacker, Lizard can run up walls, Centipede is very fast, and Snake is agile.  In the end fight there is a bunch of jumping up and along the walls, all the way up to the ceiling.  However, I do not believe anyone actually loses their head.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jim H

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 02:36:30 PM »

I'm pretty sure this is Ten Tigers Of Kwangtung.

Small | Large

The head kick off is there in this scene.  I own the Celestial DVD release, which has fabulous quality (though it doesn't include the amusingly bad English dub).  It is indeed an extremely entertaining film.   BounceGiggle

Edit to add: I might note that this film has the actors who portrayed the Five Deadly Venoms, as well as the "baby venoms", younger actors intended to supplant them as time went on - but never did.  This film also does have an iron shirt guy, and a guy who smashes a table with two fingers - his intro scene is comedic, and is actually one of the funnier physical comedy bits I've seen in a kung fu film.  Any old school kung fu fan will really enjoy it - if nothing else, it has a bunch of fights and TONS of old school kung fu actors.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 02:43:52 PM by Jim H » Logged
quincy
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 02:23:31 PM »

Is this the movie that has the guy with the iron skin but his weak spot is his waist area?  He ends up getting killed because the rebel archers discover his weak spot & shoot arrows into his waist.  The guy with the iron fingers fights one of the rebel masters & ends up sticks his fingers in the guys flesh & opening up his chest.  I think another guy takes down a brick wall with his hands and ends up killing a bunch of the enemy fighters in the process.  If you ever find the name of the movie, please let me know because I've been looking for this movie for a very long time. 
Jim H

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 02:31:17 PM »

I wish the original poster would respond, as I'm pretty sure I'm right in my identification.  I mean, watch the clip, it's exactly as he described. 
TheLizard
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 03:15:47 PM »

I wish the original poster would respond, as I'm pretty sure I'm right in my identification.  I mean, watch the clip, it's exactly as he described. 

agreed (Jim H)... the original poster should respond, regardless of conclusion. Question

i was certain it was "the 5 deadly venoms" by description alone, though i couldn't recall the head-kick-off scene as he described... but then i read the post re:"ten tigers of kwangtung" & quickly changed my mind, given the overlapping cast members & their characteristics, etc.

dude may have watched both films as a kid & muddied the waters as the two share some of their casts.

add the overwhelmingly convincing vid clip they included Buggedout & you don't need to be columbo... unless there is just 1 more thing...
MBJ
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 04:10:05 PM »

Is this the movie that has the guy with the iron skin but his weak spot is his waist area?  He ends up getting killed because the rebel archers discover his weak spot & shoot arrows into his waist.  The guy with the iron fingers fights one of the rebel masters & ends up sticks his fingers in the guys flesh & opening up his chest.  I think another guy takes down a brick wall with his hands and ends up killing a bunch of the enemy fighters in the process.  If you ever find the name of the movie, please let me know because I've been looking for this movie for a very long time.  

This is the one I have been looking for as well.  I can't seem to find the correct title.  And you described it exactly how I remember it. It's not the Five Deadly Venoms, Crippled Avengers, Invincible Shaolin, or Ten Tigers of Kwangtung. I can't find the title anywhere.
MBJ
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 09:36:34 PM »

Is this the movie that has the guy with the iron skin but his weak spot is his waist area?  He ends up getting killed because the rebel archers discover his weak spot & shoot arrows into his waist.  The guy with the iron fingers fights one of the rebel masters & ends up sticks his fingers in the guys flesh & opening up his chest.  I think another guy takes down a brick wall with his hands and ends up killing a bunch of the enemy fighters in the process.  If you ever find the name of the movie, please let me know because I've been looking for this movie for a very long time.  

This is the one I have been looking for as well.  I can't seem to find the correct title.  And you described it exactly how I remember it. It's not the Five Deadly Venoms, Crippled Avengers, Invincible Shaolin, or Ten Tigers of Kwangtung. I can't find the title anywhere.

Success at last!!!  The movie is Marco Polo aka The Four Assassins.  It's a Shaw Bros film.
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 01:06:18 PM »

Success at last!!!  The movie is Marco Polo aka The Four Assassins.  It's a Shaw Bros film.

Glad you found it.  It's amazing how difficult it can be to identify some Shaw films from memory, since they recycle so many elements.

Ten Tigers has 4 or 5 main characters for the most part.  In the finale a guy gets his head kicked up into the rafters than has his head kicked off.  It has a character with super strong fingers (he breaks a table with them), and another guy does the iron shirt technique and has a super tough body.  I guess it should come as no surprise that both Ten Tigers and Marco Polo are directed by Chang Cheh.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Please help me find this old 60-70's kung fu movie!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.