Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:16:27 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Hacked Websites « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hacked Websites  (Read 1807 times)
Doctor Menard
« on: January 08, 2009, 10:07:18 PM »

This is the second time since December 26 that my websites have been hacked. Last time they hacked one website (same person), then deleted over 20 domains. Apparently they left a backdoor I did not catch and have hacked most of my websites.

For some reason they have not hacked the CargoShip, but I wouldn't put much faith in that. Outside of the two arcade sites (Nickels' Funland is non-existent), that is a bear to get back up. Mainly because it has 238 radio shows in mp3 files and over this slow cable connection, it takes 24 hours to upload the 2.1 GB of files.

In the meantime, while I'm looking for new hosting and trying to knockout what I can of the hacked files, in the rare event that someone on here has put one of my sites in their favorites, don't visit one until I get this cleared up, as I don't know what else they may have done.

My web portal 5g8.net is on different hosting and has not been hacked.
Doctor Menard
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 10:09:55 AM »

Though I have gone through and replaced the files for the websites that were hacked, I would still caution against visiting any.

Webmaster Dungeon is now gone. Whether it will return is undecided at the moment.

Several domains are down as, being that I am going to be relocating them to another server, it seems kind of pointless to upload them just to move them again.
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 04:27:35 PM »

That is a shame, I know how annoying some of that stuff can be.  Hope it all gets sorted out.  Luckily I have never had a serious attack yet.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 07:39:25 PM »

Dirty shame.  I remember a long time ago a corporate websites that I managed was hacked.  The hackers put up anti-Bush propaganda.  It horrified my conservative bosses; they didn't want our clients to think we were what Cheeze would call "loonie lefties".  Fortunately our hosting company, Interland, had been hit so many times by these guys they had figured out how to restore everything.  5 minutes with support, they told me which files to delete, and everything was back to normal.     

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Hacked Websites « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.