Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:38:23 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  R.I.P. VHS? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: R.I.P. VHS?  (Read 9189 times)
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 04:48:39 PM »

Thanks!  Thumbup

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 06:53:01 AM »

The age of VHS has been over for me for about 8 or 9 years.  I sold a bunch of my tapes on Ebay and when the prices really started dropping (like I was having a tough time selling most of them for more than $1 or $2, which got cut down even more after paying Ebay and PayPal fees), I just gave the final 200 - 300 tapes to my parents.  They watch the same 30 or so over and over and I don't think they've watched the rest of them even once.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Skull
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 12:53:18 PM »

According to this story in the L.A. Times the age of VHS is "officially" over:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-vhs-tapes22-2008dec22,0,5852342.story

The good news is it looks like you can get a VHS copy of THE MAN WITH THE SCREAMING BRAIN really, really cheap. 

I still have several boxes of VHS tapes, mostly movies that haven't been (and possibly will never will be) released on DVD. I guess I need to transfer the ones I really want to keep, like ISLAND OF THE LOST SOULS, to DVD-R, or something.   

funny... I'd thought VHS was dead once people start to realize that they could store their entire collection in:

which is much better then bulky VHS storage:

:)
Paquita

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 01:00:03 PM »

HA! I think those last 2 pictures are from your old basement!
Skull
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 01:40:08 PM »

HA! I think those last 2 pictures are from your old basement!

Too bad we dont have the room... :)
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 04:53:40 PM »

I still buy VHS tapes occasionally.  There's about a gazillion of them available from the sellers on Amazon.  There's quite a bit of stuff that was never released on DVD, or maybe it's a movie that sounds sort of interesting (but I know it will probably suck) and they want $20 for the DVD or I can get a new VHS copy of it for $2.

I'm with you.  besides, I'm not going to get rid of a movie on VHS that isn't worn out yet.

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
Torgo

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 08:30:42 PM »

I finally got around to converting to DVD around Christmas of 2000 and never looked back.

At first, I was wondering how I was going to replace my gargantuan VHS collection, but over time I've gotten pretty everything on DVD that I owned on VHS in some form.

The stuff that I couldn't replace I've just kept on VHS and transferred to DVD-R's.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 08:40:58 PM »

According to this story in the L.A. Times the age of VHS is "officially" over:

FINALLY!

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  R.I.P. VHS? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.