Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:44:15 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  PETA's campaign to rename fish 'sea kittens' « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: PETA's campaign to rename fish 'sea kittens'  (Read 15924 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: January 12, 2009, 09:18:21 PM »

You just can't make stuff this stupid up ... excuse me while I go bake some Sea Kitten Sticks in a meow sauce.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24891309-12377,00.html

PETA's official Sea Kitten site ...
http://www.peta.org/sea_Kittens/about.asp

Suggested Recipes

1. Bast your Sea Kitten in lemon butter and chives, Slowly grill your Sea kitten for 2 minutes and flip it over and grill for another 2 min, Serve with steamed veggies and on a bed of mashed potato.

2.  When preparing your Sea kitten for the BBQ, remove its stomach and wrap it in foil with garlic and herbs of your choice, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place Sea kitten on hot BBQ grill for 5 minutes.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 09:25:57 PM »

These idiots have gone overboard (no pun intended) this time.  Related side note, did anyone hear about how PETA protested to get a hundred year old lobster released from captivity into the ocean. 

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/01/10/maine.lobster.liberated/index.html?imw=Y&iref=mpstoryemail

The thing probably died shortly thereafter.  I hate PETA.  I hate PETA with a passion.  It should be PITA for "Pain In The @sses".   

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 11:52:24 PM »

Is it just me, or does this seem discriminatory freshwater kittens?
And what are cats supposed to crave now?... Well, besides birds & mice...

The folks at PETA must really hate birds.
We already know they think termites should have more rights than trees.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 12:10:48 AM »

This is about an all-time stupidity record, even for PETA.

What idiots.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 12:58:19 AM »

Buggedout Then I can't believe I had a cat for dinner last night!  Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 01:16:30 AM »

Is it just me, or does this seem discriminatory freshwater kittens?
And what are cats supposed to crave now?... Well, besides birds & mice...

The folks at PETA must really hate birds.
We already know they think termites should have more rights than trees.

These are very excellent points ... perhaps we can get the ACLU to represent the freshwater kittens for discrimination. Not to mention the psychological damage this will cause real kittens that crave fish, causing them to have thoughts of cannibalism. Why this is cruel to kittens, some needs to call PETA ... oh wait.

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 07:13:02 AM »

I should call PETA and tell them that I had 'sea kittens' last night for dinner, and go into detail on how tasty it was. 
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 07:27:26 AM »

While this is stupid, it isn't the stupidest thing I've seen PETA do.  Last year they sent a strongly-worded letter to Ben & Jerry's urging them that using cow milk for dairy products was cruel, and that they should use human breast milk to make ice cream. 

PETA has become almost a parody of itself. 

Now where'd I put that image of a PETA rally where all the signs were photoshopped to say "We're bored suburban housewives! Pay attention to us!"?

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 09:20:41 AM »

Now where'd I put that image of a PETA rally where all the signs were photoshopped to say "We're bored suburban housewives! Pay attention to us!"?
That and bimbo models looking for a political voice.

I wonder if PETA wears wool coats during the winter.  I also wonder if they asked the vegetables, fruit and nuts how they feel.  How would you like it if someone plucked the fruit off your fine and ate it? 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 09:31:23 AM »

What's wrong with PETA? I fully support this organization:

http://www.mtd.com/tasty/

After all, who could object to People Eating Tasty Animals?

I'm a little saddened to see that the anti-pet loonies regained the peta.org, peta.com, etc, domain names. I thought it was hilarious when the Tasty Animals people took it over.

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 10:13:39 AM »

Why you mean mean people ... don't you know fish are friends not food!!!

This is what the loony left does, the indoctrinate for youth with nutty ideas like this. What kind of crack have you got to be smoking to come up with Sea Kittens ... just makes my head explode.

schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 10:16:43 AM »

Why you mean mean people ... don't you know fish are friends not food!!!

This is what the loony left does, the indoctrinate for youth with nutty ideas like this. What kind of crack have you got to be smoking to come up with Sea Kittens ... just makes my head explode.

I try not to get into political arguments here, but FYI I'm one of your "loony lefties", and I eat meat and (referring to another thread) don't think rainbows are caused by pollution. Try not to generalize. This is *not* what the loony left does. It's what a particular set of loons does.
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 10:47:41 AM »

I'm all about the eating of tasty animals.  I make every effort to eat at least two or three species a day. 

One of my biggest problems with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is how inconsistent they are.  They'll pelt Lindsay Lohan with flour (when did they stop using paint?) but completely ignore leather-clad Hell's Angels.  If you're going to stand for something, stand for it at all times, not just when it's convenient. 

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »

I try not to get into political arguments here, but FYI I'm one of your "loony lefties", and I eat meat and (referring to another thread) don't think rainbows are caused by pollution. Try not to generalize. This is *not* what the loony left does. It's what a particular set of loons does.

Don't confuse the "loony left" with just the "left". I have a lot of friends that are left of center, but there not nut jobs like PETA and the tinfoil hat crowd. When I say "loony left" I'm referring to the far radical left, if you not there then I'm not referring to you. This is the "loony left", somehow I doubt any folks on the near or far right are in PETA or finding rainbows the result of pollution. There are loons on the far right too, for the record. 

So you eat sea kittens and don't believe rainbows are the result of chemicals in the ground and water ... then you're not loony as far as I can tell ... but the juries still out.  TongueOut

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 11:11:19 AM »

I'm all about the eating of tasty animals.  I make every effort to eat at least two or three species a day. 

One of my biggest problems with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is how inconsistent they are.  They'll pelt Lindsay Lohan with flour (when did they stop using paint?) but completely ignore leather-clad Hell's Angels.  If you're going to stand for something, stand for it at all times, not just when it's convenient. 

This is the same as when Prop 8 was voted up in CA the gay community protested the white Christian right when it was the African American vote that passed it. Why did they protest white church's and not in black ones in Compton or Watts?

Anywho eat more Sea Kitten it's loaded with omega 3's fatty acid which is good for your heart.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  PETA's campaign to rename fish 'sea kittens' « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.