Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:51:51 AM
714148 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Is watching TV your most common everyday activity? « previous next »
Poll
Question: How many hours a day do you watch TV?
30 min - 2 (9.1%)
1 hour - 1 (4.5%)
2 hrs - 5 (22.7%)
3 hrs - 1 (4.5%)
4 hrs and more - 6 (27.3%)
I don't watch TV - 7 (31.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Is watching TV your most common everyday activity?  (Read 5518 times)
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 07:27:18 PM »

Watch quite a bit of TV but mostly movies.  Netflix is slowly becoming drug of choice.  Very sad.   Bluesad

Ah, the good old days.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 09:25:11 PM »

I'm also one of those who always has the TV on in the background even if I'm not actually watching it. I do watch some shows - I watch "Big Bang Theory", "Cold Case", lots of documentaries (I like the Cryptozoology stuff too) and many classic reruns (mostly comedies but only because so much classic TV in other forms is no longer on?!). I wish I could still watch the 60s Batman, the 60s Green Hornet, Lost In Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants, Man From UNCLE, The Avengers, Columbo, The Fugitive and the classic Outer Limits. You can still find The Twilight Zone, The Incredible Hulk, Star Trek and Hawaii Five-O (but that's about it aside from comedy shows). Mostly though I have on comedies (about 70-80 % of the time I'd say), movies or documentaries. I like shows like "Ghostly Encounters" and "Celebrity Ghost Stories" and I have to admit to having enjoyed some reality shows like "Wife Swap". But I also watch a lot of movies on DVD...of course my girlfriend sometimes watches her shows and I'll catch myself tuning into them too on occasion (I like Golden Girls and Cold Case which are probably her faves, sometimes I'll watch Degrassi with her too). I also watch wrestling which takes up a lot of viewing time as well with WWE Raw and WWE Smackdown! (I rarely watch the other WWE shows though).

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 09:32:32 PM »

I clicked on the "3 Hours" option.

But I don't necessarily "Watch" that much tv if it is on.  I'm off on Tuesday's and Wednesday's.  That's when I get most of my 'tv time' in.  And at that point, I don't watch most of the newly produced shows that are on television.  I fill my days with reruns of Law and Order, Cold Case, or with sports or reruns of old cartoons. 

Any show in the tv top 20 (ratings wise), I don't watch.  I spend a lot of time watching stuff that's available On Demand.  And, on top of that, the stuff I watch that's On Demand is for two stations I pay for (WWE Classics on Demand, and Howard Stern On Demand).  Both are pay channels that get updated every two weeks or so with programs specific to those On Demand channels. 

The only shows I admit to regularly following are South Park, The Simpsons, and Monday Night Raw.  Any other show, I don't see it.

I used to watch a lot more.  I was an only child, from a home with a single parent.  Dad left when I was three.  I had a lot of friends (still am friends with most of em), but during the school week, most of the focus was on school work and such, so I only really hung out on weekends.  So most nights were filled with tv or video games after my homework and chores were done.  Even then, on the weekends, I'd spend the days and afternoons with friends.  But I'd always be home by 6:00 Saturday Night to watch WCW Saturday Night.  That got over at 8.  Then, I would hang with my aunt and her friends (my aunt is only 6 or so years older than me, more of an older sister than an aunt/authority figure).  My mom and I had a big basement, fully furnished, with cable and a bathroom.  We'd have the tv on MTV or on TNT's MonsterVision or USA's Up All Night.  They would sometimes drink or what not, play games, and all that.  They'd have the MonsterVision on, play drinking games, but would only give me soda so I could play along without giving me alcohol. 

Even now, my tv is on, but I'm actually listening to songs on YouTube as I type this.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 10:36:34 PM »

I watch it, but I mainly just leave it going in the background and listen to while I'm on the internet.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 12:27:22 PM »

I'd say it probably averages out to 2 hours a day.  Some days my TV watching is very minimal, but I make up for it when I have movie-watching marathons where I might watch 4 or 5 movies in a row. 

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 12:35:04 PM »

I'd say it probably averages out to 2 hours a day.  Some days my TV watching is very minimal, but I make up for it when I have movie-watching marathons where I might watch 4 or 5 movies in a row. 

Well, I was wondering about that when I voted. I watch plenty of movies, but not nearly as much actual TV. In some ways I don't consider watching movies the same as watching TV channels. But I guess that's open for debate.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 02:56:36 PM »

Well, I was wondering about that when I voted. I watch plenty of movies, but not nearly as much actual TV. In some ways I don't consider watching movies the same as watching TV channels. But I guess that's open for debate.

I count movies in the same category as television shows on DVD. I might watch anywhere from 15-20 hours a week sitting in front of a television, depending on whether or not I have a marathon.

However, I never watch cable or broadcast television. So I never see commercials, and I never have the experience of "flipping around" and not really watching anything.

My media connection to the world is now primarily the internet, which I do waste a lot of time on.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 03:41:11 PM »

That's one thing we've gotten pretty good at - avoiding commercials. We have a few shows we like to watch from September to May, and with a little time shifting and commercial skipping, we can fit them all into an evening or two.

Of course, once our satellite is cancelled and we get all our TV off the internet, we won't even have to do that.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 04:52:03 PM »

My vote is based on watching anything on my TV, whether it's from a TV channel or a DVD.  I spend more time watching DVDs than TV channels.  If I'm watching TV, it's usually a baseball or football game.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 01:57:25 PM »

"I don't watch TV."

I use to have TV, but when it went out just before I moved into my new apartment, I never replaced it. With TVs now being (HD, LCD, 3D, etc.) it just got too complicated. So, I threw up my hands and threw in the towel. Then again you have so many channels, there is another reason just not to bother with it anymore.

I do say, that when I'm on vacation, most of the places I stay have TV, so I watch a fair amount of it then. But not when I'm home.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Is watching TV your most common everyday activity? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.