Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:21:31 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Making Your Fellow Board Members Jealous « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Making Your Fellow Board Members Jealous  (Read 18677 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 10:00:02 PM »

I'd be willing to entertain offers from anyone . . .  will send pics.

That sounds like one of those dodgy ads you get in phone boxes... Smile

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 10:30:45 PM »

It's nothing major but I've got a cookie jar shaped like Godzilla sitting on s skyscraper casually playing with an aeroplane.

That'll do it! Hatred In the words of Monty Python, "You lucky, lucky bastard!"

I don't really have anything too unique. I bought a s**teload of movie posters a few years ago during a three month eBay spree, including a first run Re-Animator poster; an original American Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster poster; a mint condition original American teaser poster of Godzilla Vs. the Thing (the one where it's a decidedly non-Godzilla looking dinosaur wrestling a giant question mark); crazy Thai posters for Ebirah, Terror of MechaGodzilla, and Evil Dead 2; 6ft tall French posters for Re-Animator and Return of the Living Dead; the VHS release poster for The Stuff that has the people melting out of the refrigerator (freaked me out as a kid so I had to get it); and for my fiancee I picked up a promotional door length poster for the VHS release of Friday the 13th Part VIII, a copy of the F13 Part VIII "I <3 NY" recalled poster, and an original Italian theatrical bill poster for Suspiria repaired, mounted and framed for her 23rd birthday.

Beyond the posters, I've got the PAL Region 2 Phantasm DVD "ball collection" and cold-cast statues of Gamera (from the most recent trilogy) and Anguirus (from Godzilla Returns).

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Doggett

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 10:35:41 PM »

I have an original,expensively framed poster for 1992's Batman Returns. It was an 18th Birthday present.
I also have a Dark Crystal poster.

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 10:52:17 PM »

I have, um, movie posters for Commando, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, and Godzilla 1985 that I got from movie rental places back when I was in college. And a couple of 1980s-1990s Godzilla dolls action figures. And a 6-foot-tall inflatable Gumby. When I had Gumby inflated, he used to scare the crap out of me every time I entered the room; I'd always think that someone had broken in and was about to ambush me. He didn't stay on display for very long.  TongueOut

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 11:16:30 PM »

This is my best shot:

That's about half of them (the movies, not the kids; that's 2/3 of the kids).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 11:21:56 PM »

And a 6-foot-tall inflatable Gumby. When I had Gumby inflated, he used to scare the crap out of me every time I entered the room; I'd always think that someone had broken in and was about to ambush me. He didn't stay on display for very long.  TongueOut

We've got a Jason Voorhees cut-out that does the same thing to anyone who crashes on our couch. We've woken up more than once to find him temporarily relocated by said guests into our kitchen. BounceGiggle

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 11:27:37 PM »

This is my best shot:

2/3 by volume or weight?  BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 11:30:55 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 11:29:22 PM »

This is my best shot:

Oooooooo I can make out the Puppet Master series! Twirling

Well it's pretty recent, but I got this photo taken with my new favorite boogeypeople the other day!

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 11:29:58 PM »

2/3 by volume or weight?

By numbers.  I'll have to plunk them into a container with marks to tell you by volume.  By weight, that's more like 5/6 of them.  Garrett is the youngest, and he's not in that picture.  I do not believe he was born yet.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 11:50:25 PM »

Not to besmirch your volumes of forgotten lore Andrew, but I'm actually jealous of the War of the Monsters print that you've displayed for us before. Now that was a work of art.  Drink

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 12:08:41 AM »

I actually gave my brother an Elvira lifesized cardboard cut out.  Now thats something to be jealous of.   BounceGiggle

I have the life size Elvira, Bettie Page and Raquel Welch (cave girl) in storage, I got them a long time ago at a Spenser's Gift. I haven't seen any for sale in a long time.
Buy being a little older I've had time to collect some interesting things over the years.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 06:30:13 AM »

I don't know about making too many people on this board jealous, but I have some pretty cool and rare items.

Here's my W.A.S.P. "Still Not Black Enough" album, signed by Blackie Lawless. With it, is my personally signed promo picture from 80's sunset-strip band Masque. Also in the picture is the very rare Bang Gang and Hallowen cds, which go for hundreds on Ebay.  TeddyR

I have a cd signed by Odin (80s glam band) and loads of old comic books and annuals. Stuff that dates from the 60's through to the 90's, of the Hulk, Thor, Spiderman, Fantastic Four and Iron Man. I have quite a few number #1 issues and the 30th anniversary of Marvel editions.  Smile

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 07:17:38 AM »

I have AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 and DAREDEVIL #1 (currently on sale on Ebay).  I also had (but sold) TALES OF SUSPENSE #39, IRON MAN #1, CAPTAIN AMERICA #100, AVENGERS #1, AVENGERS #4 (first Silver Age appearance of Captain America).

Years ago, I had a cheesy promotional surgical mask they handed out at the box office when I went to see BASKET CASE.

In the 1980s, I worked in a videotape rental store and I got to take home a lot of posters and displays.  For example, I had a life-size cardboard Chuck Norris display for the movie INVASION U.S.A.

I have an autographed glossy photo of Corinne Alphen (former nudie model and ex-wife of actor Ken Wahl).  She also autographed my Junior High yearbook and I had my picture taken with her.

I have a photograph of me and big-breast phenom Busty Hart (sort of a poor man's version of Chesty Morgan).  In the photo, I have my head resting on her boobs.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 07:45:00 AM »

I have...uhm...ah...er...a...hot pocket.  Egg sausage and cheese.  It's tasty. 

I dunno, I'm 21 and broke, I don't have too much worth being jealous about.

I communicated with the late Ben Chapman (the Creature from the Black Lagoon) a couple years back.  He was a perfect gentleman, answering all my youthful monster geek questions, questions he's been asked for decades, with a smile. 

I had a really nice conversation with Clyde Roper, the Smithsonian's cephalopod expert (and a frequent interviewee in TV specials on Giant Squid) a little while ago.  I was in the museum, and on a whim asked if he was available, and lo and behold, he was.  Great guy. 

That's about it.

Andrew, I'm tempted to pull out that picture the next time my mother comments on how ridiculously huge my DVD collection is.  I've got less than 300 movies. 

Doggett

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 10:25:04 AM »

I have Supergirl film cells.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Making Your Fellow Board Members Jealous « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.