Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:38:05 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Two 70s Made for TV Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Two 70s Made for TV Movies  (Read 4451 times)
cianaingeal
New Visitor

« on: January 14, 2009, 10:54:00 PM »

Wow, first I must say that finding this forum was like coming home for me! Loving it here so far! Found the answers to so many questions before I could even asked them. I'm having a blast going through the topics.

I figure if anyone can help, you guys can. I'm pretty sure both movies were made for TV, more than likely in the early 70s.

First:
My boyfriend remembers seeing this when he was fairly young. The only thing he remembers about the movie is a newlywed couple moves into a house. The new bride swears that there are two gremlin like creatures living in the home, but her husband doesn't believe her. At the end of the movie the creatures carry her off. Sorry if it's vague, but that's all he remembers about it.

Second:
I remember seeing this movie when I was pretty young, possibly around 1975 or so. I only recall a couple of scenes in it. There's some type of blob like creature, a clear liquid type of entity, that's traveling through water. In one scene, a woman is fixing lunch for her husband to take to work. As she's filling his thermos, the creature sneaks into it without her knowing. The only other scene I remember is the creature crawling through a screen door, sneaking up on a man sitting in a recliner. I remember the screen door scene clearly as I was terrified of this movie, and stood on the porch to watch through the screen door. When the liquid went through the door, I came unglued. It was possibly a Japanese movie, but I couldn't have been more than 4 when I saw it. So I could be off on that.

Thanks for any help you guys can give!
Christine
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 11:13:33 PM »

The 1st is almost certainly "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" (1973).

The 2nd sounds like "The H-Man" (1978), but the recliner bit reminds me of "Beware!  The Blob" (1972).  Maybe you combined the two films into one memory? 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
cianaingeal
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 11:39:40 PM »

Oh, thank you!! The first one definitely sounds right!

The second one, quite possibly is Beware the Blob. I saw it when I was really young, so it's possible that I am combining movies. The scene that really stood out for me was the recliner and the screen door. That scene sent me running back into the house lol. Thanks so much for your help! You guys are amazing!
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 04:45:46 AM »

Andrew, I'll second "Beware! The Blob." I reviewed it a while back and a dude gets turned to Jello in a recliner. Check out the trailer below and watch out for "GODFREY CAMBRIDGE." He's the African-American chap who sits down into a gooey recliner of death.

Small | Large

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
cianaingeal
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 11:36:38 PM »

I think I am combining movies in my mind. I do recall seeing "Beware! The Blob" when I was younger. But, it's not the movie I'm thinking of. The creature was a clear liquid, and at one point came out of a faucet. Another scene I remember were people in the sewer hunting for it, knowing that it could hide anywhere without them being able to see it. I'm almost positive it is a Japanese movie. Though I do think I got the recliner scene from "Beware! The Blob"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Two 70s Made for TV Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.