Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:49:58 AM
714338 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Stuff You Blew Money On That You Regret « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Stuff You Blew Money On That You Regret  (Read 14075 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: January 15, 2009, 12:20:46 PM »

Meanwhile on the opposite ends of the "Making You Fellow Board Members Jealous" thread I started, what are some things you're ashamed to admit you've bought.  Or perhaps something you were so hopped up on when you bought it that you didn't realize what a waste it would be.

My ultimate example of this is buying all of the carded action figure from Star Wars Episode 1.  This was before the movie came out and I went to a midnight toy sale.  It was an awesome time but seeing how badly the film sucked, I would love to have my money back...minus the Darth Maul and Sidious figures.  Double for the Jar Jar figure. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 12:37:47 PM »

Wow, I was just about to start the exact same thread!!  Buggedout

Let's say I've splurged on maybe 100 records too many, that turned out to be naff. Bought loads of jeans and shirts that I don't wear and I've bought guitar FX pedals that I don't use either. I wasted tons of cash on my ex-girlfriend too and it wasn't worth it at all in the end. Booze has taken many £'s from me.  Bluesad

Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 12:56:17 PM »

An ex-girlfriend and the beginnings of four or five Warhammer armies. 

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 01:09:30 PM »

I seem to do alright, I don't buy things I don't really want, , and when I do buy something I really want, I usually pay for the little extras so I'm not saying "I wish I would have gotten it with the X option". Nothing worse than buying soomething and not liking it.

This is not by design though: I'm a procastinator at heart, and have a bit of ADD and poor memory, so when I impulsively want something, I usually procastinate until I either forget about it or the impulse passes. The only things that survives are things I really want. So long as I'm not SWI (Shopping While Intoxicated), I do OK.

I did buy an EGT gauge for my quad recently and the day AFTER I bought it, I finally found the one I really wanted, , which I didn't know that made. The one I bought is digital, I wanted a needle gauge with a warning syetem, , I couldn't find an off-road capable needle gauge so I settled for digital. Bummer. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 02:28:46 PM »

An ex-girlfriend and the beginnings of four or five Warhammer armies. 

Me too  Smile

I collected for fantasy :

Empire
               Skaven
               Dwarfs

For 40K I collected :

Orks
              Blood Angels

I miss hanging out in Games Workshop in the late 90's Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 02:31:22 PM »

For Fantasy I started Vampire Counts, Orcs, and Chaos.
For 40K I started Tyranids.

I just didn't have the money or attention span to see it through (I call it the "OOH! Shiny! Syndrome") and not enough people around to play with. 

Now I just paint miniatures for use with RPGs. 

Doggett

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 02:35:01 PM »

For Fantasy I started Vampire Counts, Orcs, and Chaos.
For 40K I started Tyranids.

I just didn't have the money or attention span to see it through (I call it the "OOH! Shiny! Syndrome") and not enough people around to play with. 

Now I just paint miniatures for use with RPGs. 

Sisters of Battle were the coolest but they were pricey to collect. TeddyR
GW always used to post tournaments for people, so I found it easy to find people to play against.

I now play Warhammer on the X Box 360.

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 02:35:14 PM »

Children of the Living Dead DVD- $20
Why say a movie is starring Tom Savini when he dies in the first fifteen minutes? It's the only part of the movie worth watching, and only because Tom Savini kicks ass.  The rest of the movie is tedious at best, and shows that the writer and director had no sense of how to make a good zombie movie. 

Growlanser 2 and 3 for PS2- $50
Wound up getting rid of this one.  Anytime I hear the name, I get dry heaves.

Hexen for PS1- $60
It's a good game for PC.  It's complete crap on PlayStation.  I believe I got rid of this game some time ago, and I don't remember how.  Perhaps that's a good thing.

A box of Ravnika (sp?) cards for M:TG- $70
I soon quit playing M:TG afterward.  I needed to make a huge budget cut, and I wasn't cutting out b-movies or games.  I think I gave a lot of those cards away.

Spore for PC- $50
I don't regret buying it so much.  It's not a bad game, but it certainly isn't worth $50.

I almost regret buying a PSP, only because I've purchased about a dozen games for it and only wound up keeping three so far.  
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 02:39:24 PM by Joe the Destroyer » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 02:35:33 PM »

1969 Dodge Superbee - don't know what I bought that for.  Already have a '70 Mustang I never drive.  Oh well, I sold the 'Bee for a couple grand more than I bought it for  TeddyR Bought a really nice telescope once.  Used it about three times.  Bought a CD player for the car - one of those that holds about 10 disks and goes in the trunk.  That thing was laying around the laundry room for about a decade.  Digitech Whammy/wah pedal for electric guitar - that sounded awful.  Still sitting under the stairs in brand new condition.  Carvin guitar amp - got a good deal on it.  Had no use for it, the Peavey sounds 100 times better.  Good grief, I've barely scratched the surface of my useless junk collection.  

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 02:42:27 PM »

Hexen for PS1- $60
It's a good game for PC.  It's complete crap on PlayStation.  I believe I got rid of this game some time ago, and I don't remember how.  Perhaps that's a good thing.

That piece of garbage took my money once upon a time. I smashed it.  Hatred

Doggett

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 02:53:10 PM »

I think there was a game called Fur Fighters or something for the PS2...utter kak!!!!

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 03:05:43 PM »

Oh, I didn't think of video game failuers. Diablo II, , an absolutele wretched game compared to the original. I've always said Dungeon Siege was made exactly how Diablo II should have been. Would have been $55 for three coasters had I not smashed them.

Daikatana is another that sucked (it CAME with a note saying it wouldn't work unless you downloaded and installed a near-100 meg patch, , back in the days when broadband was still very scarce).

Within the last years or so I bought Unreal Tournament 3, , which is a total disgrace compared to UT2004. I spent around $55 on the special edition because it had tutorials and tools that help with modding and help converting some of my UT2004 mods to it. The game sucks so bad I don't feel it's worthy of my efforts. Bummer because I bought it largely for it's value as a creative outlet. . .
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 03:09:31 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
akiratubo

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 05:01:12 PM »

My ex-fiancee.   Hatred

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 05:07:52 PM »

I blow so much money that blowing money seems normal to me now and I don't regret anything.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 06:34:31 PM »

I also just remembered a Samsung POS MP3 player I paid about $120 that went all daffy after about three weeks.  I hated that thing.  Not only did it screw up, but it seemed no matter what the equalizer, it played everything with extreme amounts of bass and everything else was actually toned most of the way down.  On top of that, it wasn't some simple drag-and-drop method getting videos on the thing.  I swear I had to open several programs, convert files almost every time I used it, sometimes even edit files, sacrifice a dog in the middle of my apartment to Gorgalon, the dark god of confusing and irritating technology; and go back in time and shoot the president every time I wanted to load a short video on there, and even then there was no guarantee that it would load the whole video and not mysteriously stop after the first ten seconds. 

So yeah.  F**k you, Samsung!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 06:50:03 PM by Joe the Destroyer » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Stuff You Blew Money On That You Regret « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.