Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:27:25 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  First Movie Watched... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: First Movie Watched...  (Read 12669 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: January 16, 2009, 08:41:14 PM »

Ok, going along with the first record/tape/cd thread, what is the first movie that you remember seeing in the following formats? Theater, Laserdisc, VHS, DVD or anything else you'd like to add. 

Theater

My mother took me to see this but I think I slept through a good portion of it.

Laserdisc

Technically the first film played in my house was Grease but I watched this all the way through with my brother several hundred times it seems.  Followed closely by Friday The 13th.

VHS

I remember hearing about this film from my brother and I think we just got our first VHS player by the time it came out.  I was all excited when it came out. 

DVD

Although I'm not sure, I think this is the first one I bought

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 10:35:29 PM »

The 1st movie that I ever saw in the theater was Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I know that the 1st movie that I ever saw period was Superman the Movie on television when I was about 4.

Makes me feel a bit old now thinking back on that...........   TongueOut

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Paquita

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 12:58:43 AM »

I think the first movie I saw in the theatre was House 2.  My sister and cousins took me out of nursery school early to see it and one of my cousins was harassing me and telling me that it was going to be so scary that I was going to pee my pants and I got really scared of being scared and kept going to the bathroom because I didn't want to pee my pants!  But then when the movie actually started I was SO not scared, especially of the little caterpillar puppy guy.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 06:37:55 AM »

The very first movie I ever seen in a movie theater was PLANET of the APES....my Aunt Carol took me and my older brother Mike to see it at a movie house in Wappinger Falls(I think) in 1968). "I'TS A MADHOUSE! A MADHOUSE!" became a weird catch phrase among me and my brothers growing up.

Small | Large

My first horror film was FRANKENSTEIN meets the WOLFMAN!

My first vhs? NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD.
.What were those big ,heavy record things they usta have that played movies? My first rentals of those were BOXCAR BERTHA,TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE and....CHATTERBOX....!

Small | Large

DVD?....Dang, not sure...I think it was either CHARLIE MANSON SUPERSTAR or the TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE....

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 08:37:38 AM »

Hmmmm, this one's taking a lot more to remember than the music thread for some reason...

First theatrical movie:
This one's a split. My parents said my first theater movie was a drive-in showing of Mad Max when I was 2, while the first theater movie I actually remember was either Godzilla 1985 or 101 Dalmatians.

First VHS:
This one's easy. Due to my early love for dinosaurs, my grandmother gave me a copy of the Video Treasures release for Godzilla Vs. Megalon. No idea what my first actual purchase was though.

First LaserDisc:
This one's the easiest because I bought my first LaserDisc before even owning an LD player. It was Re-Animator, with the amazing Dave Dorman painted sleeve.

First DVD:
This one's a tie between Mallrats and Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas since I bought both of them on the same day I plunked down for my first player.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 09:37:02 AM »

First movie on tv: Ghostbusters.  It was in '88 and I was 4.
VHS: Beetlejuice
Theater: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  I was about 6 or so.
LaserDisc: Never had it, doesn't apply.
DVD: Freddy vs. Jason.  I honestly don't remember, but I got my dvd player around this time, and remember buying the dvd.  SO, I'm gonna nominate that.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 04:12:20 PM »

First theatrical movie:  I think it was BAMBI.  My parents said it traumatized me, but fortunately I don't remember.

First theatrical movie I remember:  YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN, at the drive-in.

First VHS:  Can't remember exactly.  Probably either TAXI DRIVER or MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL.

First DVD:  I believe it was THE OPENING OF MISTY BEETHOVEN.  If you don't know the movie, it's a 1976 XXX movie that's consider by many to be the best hardcore film ever made, in terms of production values, acting, directing, etc.  It's like a real movie, only with explicit sex scenes.  I still found it boring and no longer have the DVD.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 05:15:48 PM »

Theater:

Either Chitty Chitty Bang Bang or Boatniks

VCR: Alien, , the chest-exploding scene, backwards, forwards, slow, fast, freeze frame, by theunit's WIRED remote, , during DINNER no less

Laserdisc: Star Wars: A New Hope

DVD: Fight Club I believe

Direct to memory mind control virtual reality brainwave synthesis device: Will probably be something stupid like Star Wars Chapter -74 the ultra-prequil: Chapter -74: The Big Bang. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 05:29:19 PM »

VCR - "It's A Wonderful Life";
Cinema: "The Fifth Element" (We're not a great cinema-going family);
DVD - "Beast From Twenty Thousand Fathoms". (Also the first DVD that I bought.)

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 10:29:26 PM »

First Movie I Ever Watched- The Thing from Another World
First One In Theaters-The Muppet Movie
First On Laser Disc- Friday The 13th
First On VHS- Porky's
First On DVD-Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 04:36:29 PM »

I grew up in a small rural community so movie theatres were not an option. Thankfully though we did have a cool youth club around here in my younger days and they did show films via film projector. The earliest films I can recall seeing in that format are the Bruce Lee films, most likely ENTER THE DRAGON being the first. I loved them all and still love Kung Fu films to this day. Also recall watching GAME OF DEATH and FISTS OF FURY that way. Also in elementary school, they'd show us movies via film projector from time to time (on a wall or curtain). First saw SUPERMAN III, SUPERGIRL, BATMAN: THE MOVIE and WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH (amazed they showed us that last one btw) that way.

There was a Drive-In not too far away although I didn't learn of it until my late teens. First movie I saw there was actually NO HOLDS BARRED with Hulk Hogan! What a pile of crap! Anyways it was still a fun experience for me and my friends.

I finally went to a movie theatre in 1991 when I went to university and the first film I saw there TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY was a blast. Over the next few years would go to see JURASSIC PARK (awesome in theatre), THE SUPER (group viewing with friends we actually had a good time watching this minor Joe Pesci film), 1492: CONQUEST OF PARADISE (not so good), STARGATE (pretty good), INDEPENDENCE DAY (stupid but best seen in theatre), STAR TREK: FIRST CONTACT (very cool), STAR TREK: GENERATIONS (disappointing), EYES WIDE SHUT (different, first movie I went too where people were constantly walking out), THE MATRIX (very cool), THE SIXTH SENSE (cool), SLEEPY HOLLOW (a lot of fun), THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT (cool but certainly not for everyone), AUSTIN POWERS: THE SPY WHO SHAGGED ME (fun), APT PUPIL (different, a bit disappointing but an interesting experience watching it with a group of people and having a discussion about it afterwards), THE WATERBOY (garbage, nearly walked out of this one), NATIONAL LAMPOON'S SENOIR TRIP (hated this with a passion), SON OF THE PINK PANTHER (disappointing but did have a few laughs here and there), X-MEN (really enjoyed this, cool to finally see the characters come to life). Pretty much most everything I saw over a 9 year period.

First VHS I bought was most likely the Original STAR WARS trilogy. Used to watch them over and over again throughout the 80s and 90s along with the first six STAR TREK movies.

First DVD I bought and watched was STARSHIP TROOPERS. Loved it!

Around the early to mid-90s, when I first had access to cable and then satellite TV, I first discovered classic sci-fi, fantasy and horror movies (they were a stable on Canada's Science fiction and Fantasy channel SPACE! The Imagination Station at one point) and feel instantly in love with them.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 05:01:58 PM »

First TV Movie: Earliest ones I remember are; Willow, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Honey I Shrunk The Kids and Big.

First Theatre Movie: It must have been The Little Mermaid  Bluesad

First VHS: It was either Jaws or The Lost Boys

First DVD: Swamp Thing  Smile

Raffine

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 06:57:28 PM »

First movie on TV: THE KILLER SHREWS (1959) Channel 6's afternoon 'Dialing for Dollars'; watched while peeping around the sofa. I also saw FROM HELL IT CAME, THE GIANT GILA MONSTER, and THE SCREAMING SKULL that same week. The start of long slow decline.

First movie at a theater: THE JUNGLE BOOK (1967-Disney). My second theatrical movie was PLANET OF THE APES (1968).

First Super-8: HAVE BADGE, WILL CHASE - The Castle Films condensation of ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET THE KEYSTONE COPS (1955)

First videodisc: HAMLET (1948) in a theater class. It was one of those old 'SelectaVision' discs that played with a stylus and skipped and got stuck just like a LP album. 

First BetaMax: THE CHANGELING (1980)

First VHS: DRACULA (1931)

First DVD: CITIZEN KANE (1941)

CHATTERBOX

Wow! That trailer featured a bit of Virginia singing 'Wang Dang Doodle'! That's been a Holy Grail of mine . . .  Thumbup

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 07:27:54 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 03:29:29 PM »

First DVD Ghostbusters
First cinema The Secret Garden

Very first film I remember...Batman

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 05:43:33 AM »

First film in theatres: Charles Jarrott's Lost Horizon when I was six ~ I hated it and thought it was stupid. I also swore that I would never see another movie again until my folks took me to see Murder On The Orient Express when I was seven. That made me a film fan for life and gave a lonely child a hobby and indirectly the job I do today.  Smile

Laserdisc: I have never seen a film on this format, but my teacher at college did jump on one to show us how strong it was.  Smile

First VHS: Pete Walker's House of The Long Shadows.

First DVD: I got two with a DVD player ~ Men In Black and the Heath Ledger film Two Hands.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  First Movie Watched... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.