Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:22:21 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 BEST BAD MOVIES OF ALL TIME « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Author Topic: 100 BEST BAD MOVIES OF ALL TIME  (Read 172604 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2009, 10:10:34 PM »

THE SILVER CHALICE was one of those movies I stumbled onto while channel surfing, I think on a local independant station, so that gives you some idea of how long ago this was.  My initial reaction was, "This looks interesting."  But that quickly evolved into, "What the f--- am I watching!?"  Then gave up on it.

Don't think I've really ever watched it all the way through.
Then you've missed the Best Worst part of the thing... the preaching booming voice as the lovers' boat disembarks at the very end...  Lookingup 
It has some cool crappy parts like when JACK PALANCE deludes himself into thinking he's a god and decides to "fly" (and this before lysergic acid therapy...)

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2009, 10:18:08 PM »

If no one is going to nominate a Western, Nunsploitation epic, Jungle girl fantasy, Arabian fantasy, Cannibal movie or Film Noir instead of the same tired old horror crap I guess that's leaves it to me. 

I honestly can't think of a Western, Nunsploitation, Jungle film, Cannibal film, or film noir that I think deserves to be in a list of 100 best bad movies of all time.  (Although there are enjoyable entries in all those genres).  So I'm going to nominate some of the same old (massively enjoyable) tired horror crap:

94.  BLOOD FEAST

Small | Large

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2009, 10:40:25 PM »

Alright, I can't resist.  I've decided to nominate one last film and that'll be it for me in nominatations.  I nominate my film...

95. Empire of the Ants

Small | Large

Yeah, this time it is official!  I'm sticking to it with this film!

So... when we reach the end... then what?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2009, 11:16:37 PM »

I honestly can't think of a Western, Nunsploitation, Jungle film, Cannibal film, or film noir that I think deserves to be in a list of 100 best bad movies of all time.

That makes two of us. 

This nomination is for InformationGeek:

96. CREATURES FROM THE ABYSS

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2009, 11:20:30 PM »

80. SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND    Lookingup 

What do you mean "Lookingup".

Don't tell me you actually :gasp: thought this was a GOOD movie?  :shock: :faint:

Raffine

« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2009, 11:59:13 PM »

One more for me:

97. BILLY JACK (1971)
Small | Large

The sequels THE TRIAL OF BILLY JACK and BILLY JACK GOES TO WASHINGTON are pretty funny, too.

Billy Jack, with the help of Jean and her Freedom School, could have turned Dick Cheney into a card-carrying member of the ACLU. Or else Billy Jack would've b***h-slapped him with his feet.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
heidavey
New Visitor

« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2009, 10:14:00 AM »

98.) Dünyayi kurtaran adam (AKA the turkish star wars).

Absolutely amazingly incredilbly bad; down to the oversized magical golden magical sword, the over hammed acting, the tying of rocks to the ankles for training and then removing the rocks to be able to jump superhigh. The ripped off scenes from star wars, music from indiana jones.

You can watch it here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7069307816427160377 Small | Large

Raffine

« Reply #142 on: February 06, 2009, 11:06:31 AM »

100 BEST BAD MOVIES OF ALL TIME 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #143 on: February 06, 2009, 11:44:34 AM »

While others may be content to nominate movies within the same genre categories over and over, and though I'd love to nominate WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH, with ONE MILLION B.C. already on the list I think, instead, I shall nominate. .

99. BATTLE PLANET

Because 1) it's space opera 2) it's a sciffy original movie.  And this list just wouldn't be complete without at least one sciffy original movie and I don't think any have been nominated thus far.

Cheers

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2009, 11:48:32 AM »

80. SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND    Lookingup 
What do you mean "Lookingup".
Don't tell me you actually :gasp: thought this was a GOOD movie?  :shock: :faint:
No!  I roll my eyes because 30 years on I can't believe anyone conceived and produced that piece of treacle-coated shart. 

Alright, I can't resist.  I've decided to nominate one last film and that'll be it for me in nominatations.  I nominate my film...
95. Empire of the Ants
Uhm... what do you mean "[your] film"?
I have an idea but need to muse on exactly how we then choose the single BEST BAD movie...

Does everyone agree that EL TOPO is great enough to be our Western rep and also the coveted #100 Best Bad Movie of All Time?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 02:39:04 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2009, 04:38:36 PM »

95. Empire of the Ants

I don't mean its my film, its just an error I didn't see or think about when I typed it.  Let's just say its my final choice for a film to nominate.  Sorry about that.

I have an idea but need to muse on exactly how we then choose the single BEST BAD movie...

For a suggestion how we choose the single Best Bad Movie, we can use some sort of system where we pair up movies against each other and we vote on what we think is worse and the worst movie moves on.

Here's an example of what I mean:

Billy Jack or The Creeping Terror
Monster A-Go Go or Tank Girl

We use this system until we are down to the last movie, which is then the Best Bad Movie.  What do you guys think?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2009, 05:22:48 PM »

95. Empire of the Ants

I don't mean its my film, its just an error I didn't see or think about when I typed it.  Let's just say its my final choice for a film to nominate.  Sorry about that.

For a suggestion how we choose the single Best Bad Movie, we can use some sort of system where we pair up movies against each other and we vote on what we think is worse and the worst movie moves on.

We use this system until we are down to the last movie, which is then the Best Bad Movie.  What do you guys think?
I for one think it's BRILLIANT! You should either start it, or I will. Wink I dare you all to say Manos is worse than The Maize! >:)

Then, we could do the obvious followup and restrict the list to bad sequels (The ones that either "ruin" or are noticeably worse than the original XD )

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2009, 05:54:05 PM »

I for one think it's BRILLIANT! You should either start it, or I will. Wink I dare you all to say Manos is worse than The Maize! >:)

Then, we could do the obvious followup and restrict the list to bad sequels (The ones that either "ruin" or are noticeably worse than the original XD )

Glad you like the idea and we could do it.  However, this is Allhallowsday's topic and it is up to him to determine whether he wants to do this or not.

I could say that Manos is worse than Maize, but I have seen neither of the films so I can't until I've seen both.  However, it may be in my best interest not to considering how Manos is said to be the worst film of all time and Maize is at number 12 of IMBD list of the Bottom 100.

Raffine

« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2009, 06:49:38 PM »

Remember this thread is not to name the 100 worst movies per se, but the 100 most enjoyable worst movies. So we wouldn't be voting what we thought was the worse of the two, but the most enjoyable of the two.

For example: I would nominate SHE DEVILS ON WHEELS for the list because it's both a terrible movie AND a hoot to watch. I wouldn't nominate something like EPIC MOVIE because although it too is a terrible movie, I get absolutely no pleasure watching it.

So if we had SHE DEVILS ON WHEELS vs. EPIC MOVIE, I'd vote for SHE DEVILS not because it's worse than EPIC, but because it's more fun in my opinion.

Is this right, Allhallowsday?

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2009, 10:35:11 PM »

Remember this thread is not to name the 100 worst movies per se, but the 100 most enjoyable worst movies. So we wouldn't be voting what we thought was the worse of the two, but the most enjoyable of the two.

For example: I would nominate SHE DEVILS ON WHEELS for the list because it's both a terrible movie AND a hoot to watch. I wouldn't nominate something like EPIC MOVIE because although it too is a terrible movie, I get absolutely no pleasure watching it.

So if we had SHE DEVILS ON WHEELS vs. EPIC MOVIE, I'd vote for SHE DEVILS not because it's worse than EPIC, but because it's more fun in my opinion.

Is this right, Allhallowsday?
Lookingup  Don't put it on my ass...  BounceGiggle  Twirling  BounceGiggle

I do think you have asserted the thread's original point.  It was, though, 100 BEST BAD MOVIES OF ALL TIME (I reiterate I don't care for that phrase "of all time") not ..."the 100 most enjoyable worst movies..."  BounceGiggle

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 BEST BAD MOVIES OF ALL TIME « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.