Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:03:59 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Best SNL Skits « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Best SNL Skits  (Read 31285 times)
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 06:58:04 PM »

I've actually enjoyed some of the new ones quite a bit, but the ones that stick with me are definitely older:

"Bass-O-Matic!", with the fish in the blender, and Aykroyd as Julia Child suffering from arterial blood loss . . .

Christopher Walken as "Trivial Psychic" -- "Don't you understand??  You're wasting coffee!!!"

Alec Baldwin as "Bad Detective" . . .

Belushi's "Little Chocolate Donuts" . . . Actually, anything with Belushi.

Chevy Chase pretending to be different reporters offscreen on "Weekend Update", and then trying badly to cover for himself.

Frank Zappa on "Freak Mountain" -- I understand that Zappa annoyed everyone in the cast, especially Al Franken, but I think they just didn't give him a chance/didn't understand his brand of surrealism.  I really hated "The Franken and Davis Show" portions, and would go out for the food & bathroom breaks while they were on.

The whole Ron Zapruder show, wherein the cast pushed the envelope re. how filthy they could be & get away with it.

I kind of got away from the show during the Eddie Murphy/Joe Piscopo days, as I didn't think the writing was up to par, but lately I've laughed a lot at the new sketches.

peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 02:09:26 AM »

Jon Lovitts' "The Mountain Man"
Unfunny, but enjoyable... Until he gets to the punchline at the end, which earned a giggle from me.

"Tales of Ribaldry" were always pretty amusing

"Master Thespian" on the other hand, was kind of annoying. Perhaps it was some insider joke I was missing.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2009, 11:34:34 AM »

Almost anything Phil Hartman did was great. Two off the top of my head were the episode of COPS set in Arkansas that featured several trips to the Clinton's residence, in the Governor's mansion no less, and the skit where Phil, as a cranky Frank Sinatra, records a duet album with popular singers of the time. He kept calling Sinead O'Connor Sine-Aid and Cue Ball. I think that's where the "You had me, then you lost me." line came from.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2009, 11:42:40 AM »

Almost anything Phil Hartman did was great. Two off the top of my head were the episode of COPS set in Arkansas that featured several trips to the Clinton's residence, in the Governor's mansion no less, and the skit where Phil, as a cranky Frank Sinatra, records a duet album with popular singers of the time. He kept calling Sinead O'Connor Sine-Aid and Cue Ball. I think that's where the "You had me, then you lost me." line came from.
Hartman was underrated and one of the better performers on the show.  He may not have had 'characters', so to speak, but always funny.  He had a few characters though.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2009, 02:19:09 AM »

I think that one you are referring to was Real Stories of the Arkansas Highway Patrol.The funniest part in that one was where they had to answer a domestic dispute call.It turned out that Hilary had beaten the crap out of Bill.One of the sherrifs told him,"we have to come here every week and frankly,we're getting sick and tired of it.Now when is all this gonna'stop?".Bill,nursing a black eye and bleeding,pauses and answers,"But she loves me".The sherrif replies,"Well,she sure got a funny way of showing it".
I liked the more bizzarre ones like this one that had no dialogue except for one line spoken by Phil Hartman("Sorry pal.Not tonight").Chris Farley as a drunk than imagines that he will spend the evening covered in spiders;the Harvey Keitel as a lunatic and his collection of descending ant heads(?)and Soylent Cowflop("Well,at least it's hot").
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Best SNL Skits « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.