Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2016, 02:57:14 PM
563870 Posts in 43247 Topics by 5615 Members
Latest Member: coryfrommer
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643]
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 800328 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9630 on: April 25, 2016, 02:01:13 AM »

Orphan (2009) - The whole thing was ludicrous but I have to admit I enjoyed it. A family adopts a Russian girl from an orphanage. Over the course of two well thought out (if,again, highly doubtful) hours all Hell breaks loose. From the ad you know everything is not what it appears with the girl but I probably shouldn't discuss the plot any more than that.

As a horror/ thriller sort of movie it's decent but where it excels is in the general film making. The budget is bigger than usual, there are no glaringly amateurish actors or weird music or anything to take you out of the story. Kind of like The Conjuring in the sense that it's that one horror movie a year Hollywood gets behind and while horror fans won't be super impressed it remains impressive for all the extra effort.

4.5 /5

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would despite knowing how it ends. Wouldn't give it as high a rating however it is in the 'above average' category for me. Thinking about it now though it's overall pretty forgettable once a few months pass.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
lester1/2jr

« Reply #9631 on: April 25, 2016, 10:45:33 AM »

I'm a pretty easy grader.

claws

« Reply #9632 on: April 25, 2016, 01:39:11 PM »

Search and Destroy (1979)

A Vietnam veteran living near the Niagara Falls is concerned because somebody is killing his former war buddies. He does his own investigating together with his girlfriend and another vet, even though local cops are more than willing to help.

Canadian C-Movie with B-Movie qualities. Soundtrack is great (by the group FM), and there are a few well made camera moves. Search and Destroy has a pre-Rambo-esque feel to it and wants to be a serious drama. The killer is kind of corny though, and the fight scenes are more improvised than choreographed. 3.5/5

The Glove (1979)

A single father Bounty Hunter (John Saxon) is assigned to catch a man who beats up warden with a special glove.

The Glove combines film noir, Blaxploitation, Thriller and Action, is quite entertaining and even has a "message". 3.5/5
lester1/2jr

« Reply #9633 on: April 25, 2016, 04:36:01 PM »

I vaguely remember The Glove in the most vague possible way

Gabriel-Knight
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9634 on: April 25, 2016, 10:21:56 PM »

Gymkata (1985)

I assume most people here are aware of this movie, but honestly i don't really see why all the fuss around it. Yes, it is cheesy and the plot is ridiculous, but i've seen Tarkan vs The Vikings and Killer Clowns From Outer Space, so i'm not easily impressed.
I do have to say that the movie is, to me at least, very well recorded, and the quality is enjoyable. The sound effects are ultra bad but for some reason they seem to match with the silly action, and the protagonist is some flexible son of a b***h.
Oh, and i don't consider the pommel horse scene THAT funny. I mean, it's ridiculous as the rest of the movie, but i laughed a lot with the first fight in the alley in which one of the bad guys actually falls by himself and then gets kicked in the face - followed by a RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A RANDOM DUDE IN A BYCICLE. It was actually a very interesting thing to see, because in these kind of movies for some reason the wandering people never gets punched by accident, even when everyone's launching flying kicks. TongueOut

I do have to say that, after the movie finished, only questions remained in my mind: why is that every time the king comes out, the entire village seems to be waiting for him just to cheer anything he has to say? Where did they got all those ugly people to pose as townsfolk? I swear i never saw so many disgusting faces in my life, it was terrible. Where did they got that fella Thorg? He's like the friggin Hulk, hory shet - he can even use his arms with an arrow stuck right in his shoulder.
Also, why in the training session they showed Jonathan how to fight with weapons when they knew he won't be using them? Speaking of weapons, what happened with that enchanted axe and knife that shoots blades, why they didn't carried them along? And by the way, how is it that every time Jonatan finds a pole to swing around his hands get covered with powder? Are they magical or something?
I mean... its just... why the movie goes in slow motion for like five minutes? Why the dogs chasing Jonatan are clearly playing fetch instead of running after a prey? At least make them show their teeth or something. Oh, and why that guy cut his own hand? I know he's crazy but... wtf. And how the hell Jonatan's father survive so many arrow wounds in his life, he can regenerate or something?

Gymkata, man... it really makes you think.
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.